Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Nutrition / December mitigation wrap up
- - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-01 10:05 PM
What are your final points?  If you gained, if you are back to your December 1 weight by Jan 15 you get 10 points and if you're lower you get 20 :mischief:

In fairness whoever won in Dec gets a prize but there is a chance for redemption :D
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-02 7:11 AM
I'll be fair and give myself a zero.  I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks but I'm sure it's not good.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-02 8:27 AM
I get - 3 :meh:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-02 2:53 PM
I ended up at +5 points for the challenge.  I'm actually only +0.6 pounds from my weight on 11/30 and I'm still below goal at WW.

I decided to lower my daily points by 2 per day for a week or two to see how that treats me.  Most importantly, I am doing my tracking/food journal for the first day since 12/23.  With that, the change in the points, and running again I should be able to take a few more pounds off in January.  I would really like to lose 5-10 more and then maintain there.  If I can do that, I will probably have them lower my "official" goal weight I'm supposed to stay under so I don't have as much wiggle room in the future.  Right now I'm five pounds under, so  I don't want to be 10-15 pounds under goal and be able to gain that much back before I have any consequences at WW. 
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-02 3:03 PM
Ended up with a -2. All in all, I'm not not too disappointed, and motivation is pretty high to start 2012 off on the right foot. I'm happy we did this - it's been a good way to keep myself in check.

Jan 15, here I come! : pbbt:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-03 10:29 AM
Massive fail for me. I saw a number on the scale this morning that I haven't seen in a while. In a bad way. Being bummed out and miserable all the time = fat for me, which is great cuz it only makes me feel more bummed out. :roll: maybe I'll get lucky and catch my sister's stomach flu when I go visit my mom later this afternoon :p
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-07 7:55 AM
Gotta either not be upset by it or take corrective action.  Letting it bring you down and be in charge not a good solution.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-09 6:00 AM
Yes I know you're right. Ever since Jan 2 (Jan 1 was a complete write-off), I have been making an effort to eat healthier. I'm not eating a whole lot less, but healthier is a good place to start for me, I think. :)
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-06 11:34 AM
Is anybody shooting for the Jan 15 goal? I'm making an effort, but can't make any promises. :blush:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-06 3:45 PM
Me!
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-07 7:54 AM
I am 1.2 from my December 1 weight.  I think I can I think I can...
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-08 10:53 PM
I've been doing a lot of thinking over the last two weeks and I want to switch out of maintenance mode and back into loss mode (reduce my daily points to a level where I will start losing again).  I've done a really mediocre job of getting motivated for real as far as this maintenance program goes, and I finally figured out that it is because I am not satisfied with this weight.  I'm about 5 pounds or so below the top of what WW defines as my "healthy" range, but there is still a good ways I could below that.  I promise I am not being one of those overly self critical people here, but I am not satisfied yet.  This isn't what I envisioned for myself when I started, so I think it means I need to keep going for awhile. 

Obviously, Jan 15th isn't far off, so I don't know how much success I'll have between now and then....but I'm getting back on the wagon!
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-11 2:00 PM
Seriously, people. No way I can lose weight with it being my birthday week and everybody wanting to take me out to dinner. :cry: Yes I know my life is terrible because I have so many loving people who want to hang out with me. :cry:: pbbt: But still. Gosh!

I'm mitigating damage this week and starting Sunday it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-11 2:02 PM
Yeah I think I'm SOL for the 15th but we shall see.  I'm leaving town Friday so I'll go on my Friday weight.  Le sigh.
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-11 2:03 PM
Seems pancakes is the winner?  Anyone disagree?  PM me your address for your prize :D

We shall see who the winner, if anyone, is of the January 15th bit... or should we make it February 1 :wtf:: pbbt::blush:
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-11 2:49 PM
:laugh: I think we should just call pancakes the winner and be done with it.

Maybe we should start a new one to get us through the dead of winter? Now that the holidays are over, there really are no (good) excuses.
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-11 3:03 PM
Sounds good.  Let's just start brand new.  Fresh beginnings.
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-11 3:20 PM
when does derby season start for you?
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-11 4:16 PM
Tonight.  We changed our schedule so as a ref I now only have to go Wednesday nights from 7-10 (I'm supposed to go Mondays as well for endurance skate but don't plan to always make it...)
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-11 8:38 PM
Sweet! I expect something completely fantastic.  ;-)

I would participate in a new challenge since I've decided to lose some more.  Just let me know what you guys want to do.
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-16 10:22 AM
I conveniently forgot to weigh-in on the 15th, oops. : pbbt: Congrats, pancakes!! :hug:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-16 10:28 AM
Me too but I'm sure it aint pretty.
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-16 12:17 PM
I have WW tomorrow, but I'm not sure how that will go.  :blush:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-17 5:17 PM
Well, I am 0.2 over where I was on 12/6 and my book says I lost 1.4 that week versus the week before, so I think I'm a little below where I was on 12/1.  Either way, I lost this week and feel better about managing the whole thing. 
Up Topic General / Nutrition / December mitigation wrap up