Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Nutrition / New Challenge Check-In
- - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-18 4:30 PM
Our new challenge is to set our own goals.  Brookie and I are using Stickk.com.  Check in here.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-18 4:32 PM
I lost 3 pounds (of water) since yesterday :p  I hate being bloated and am glad to be deflating.  Drinking lots of lemon water and homemade juice (fennel, cuke, beet, apple, ginger, carrot and kale) seems to help.  And not drinking beer and stuffing my pie hole with salty things :p
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-19 6:32 AM
I kind of feel like I don't want to set a goal for February since I'm having surgery on Tuesday and don't know what my recovery will be like, etc. 

That website does look pretty cool.  :-)
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-19 6:55 AM
Sounds smart.  This is all about health!
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-19 8:16 AM
Only .8 above December 1.  Now that I am debloating I am thinking I didn't gain much weight after all. Yay!  I still want to get down to 125 though.
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-19 8:32 AM
I want to do this but I'm not sure what my hard and fast goal(s) should be. I know I want my clothes to be looser. I know I want to be stronger and have more energy. I know I want to be able to skate faster and be light on my feet. I know to get to these goals I need to lose some weight but I don't know how much b/c muscle will certainly be gained in the process. Lately I've been watching the scale, but how my clothes fit and seeing my progress on the track has been my biggest motivators.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-19 10:00 AM
Your goal could be to eat completely clean (whole foods etc) all but X meals/week and limit alcohol to X.  Or something like that. 
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-19 11:08 AM
Heya, Ref! I'm also down a few pounds of water weight so just trying to keep on with the keepin' on. :happy:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-19 12:23 PM
Yay for getting rid of extra water! : pbbt:
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-01-21 6:13 AM
Ok, I'll play. again.:cry:

I've been loosely doing WW etools for a couple months and have lost about 2 of the 4-5 pounds I gained back. Thats not enough and has alot to do with me tracking well during the week and saying fvck it on the weekends(weekends seem to start on thursday lately:meh:). So I just stay the same. I am a chronic bloater as well. Maybe I will try some lemon water too.

I was considering going back to the public shaming aspect of the meetings since it worked for me before, but there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do it on my own with the online tracking but I am the suck when it comes to true willpower until it clicks and I get on a roll.

:meh::cry: Plus I am running great right now but I want to PR in some local spring races and maybe a marathon in may and it won't happen if I don't drop this extra weight. And I'm hoping we can afford a beach vacation in early april. I want to feel decent in a bathing suit.

My goal will be to track religiously, every day, including weekends, for the next 4 weeks(at least) and only use half my activity points since I earn a ton. Hopefully that will jump start the weight loss and get me back in the mind set.
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-21 11:48 AM
You shouldn't limit yourself on how many AP's you will "allow" yourself to eat.  They already have a 20% calorie deficit built in from the way they are calculated, so even if you eat them all you're still going to run a calorie deficit overall. 

Tracking is the big thing!  I've gone through phases where weekdays it's fine and then it goes to crap on weekends.  It just takes the discipline to do it seven days a week. 

Sometimes people just need the meetings.  It's not about the public shaming, but it's about putting yourself in a support environment once a week.  For me, it's once a week that I stop what I'm doing and think about my health and weight management and it helps me reset my focus.  It also helps me to hear and see that other people struggle with the same issues I do.  It helps me shake off that "there must be something wrong with me" negative self-talk that leads to depression and more emotional eating. 

You can do this! I know you can.  :-)
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-24 9:30 AM
I need to watch it on weekends too -- they are my downfall.  I drank a ton of beer on Saturday, congratulating myself for not being last in my ski race, and am still bloated.  Made my weekly goal by the seat of my pants :blush:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-24 9:32 AM
OK I barely escaped having to give $20 to the anti-gay marriage anti-charity.  Holy crap I need to be careful and really watch it on weekends.  Having Tuesday for my weigh-in day is both bad and good.  Hopefully it will reign me in on weekends which is what my key problem is.  I am so incredibly awesome during the week and then botch it all up on weekends.
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-24 10:10 AM
Weigh-ins on Tuesday, great (and horrible) idea. :cry::laugh: I think I'm going to do that, actually.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-24 10:34 AM
It's worth a try.  Better than Monday but barely.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-24 10:27 AM
Aha but I get to ref you so you may still owe them:mischief: Just kidding : pbbt: I'm weighing in at the gym later. Should be a close one... damage is done now so just gotta keep on keepin' on!
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-24 10:34 AM
I was being honest :p  I figure full disclosure is better.  But if the ref says post-run weigh-in doesn't count, so be it :sad:: pbbt:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-24 12:35 PM
It counts, but please keep in mind that my weigh in will be preworkout and I haven't really pooped today:cry:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-24 2:09 PM
oh dear. what have I stumbled upon. :cry:
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-01-24 2:28 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-24 2:52 PM
:laugh::blush:
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-24 2:53 PM
the mind of a woman. I suggest you run. :laugh:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-24 2:59 PM
yep:laugh:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-24 6:25 PM
Success! (lack of poop turned out to be moot:happy:)
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-24 8:27 PM
Great success!!!
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-24 6:01 PM
I've always weighed in on Tuesday evening at WW.  I don't know if it ever kept me in line over the weekend, but I have spent plenty of Monday's drinking extra water to offset the salty food, etc. 
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-27 7:45 AM
I'm not on stickk.com but I'm still doing my own little challenge. Down 4.5 pounds since making the team, that was almost 3 weeks ago. Better than that number, my clothes are looser and I'm feeling stronger. :cool:
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-27 8:16 AM
woohoooo!!!!!
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-27 9:58 AM
Wow lady that's incredible!!! :shocker!::cool:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-27 10:51 AM
Ha, see below! You never reffed me! :mutmad:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-27 11:28 AM
Yes I did :wtf:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-27 10:51 AM
Nice work!

No offense to dd but she is not a very good ref :p
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-27 11:30 AM
When I looked just now it shows that I submitted the report -- there's even a comment from me :wtf:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-27 11:36 AM
It told me you didn't ref me on Tuesday and it even sent me an email about it. Weird. Sorry to needlessly besmirch your good name!
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-27 11:51 AM
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-27 12:02 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to hijack, either. I'm an asshole :blush:
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-27 12:14 PM
no, this is very funny. :laugh: No worries.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-27 12:05 PM
Does it show now?  Maybe that was before I reffered?  :(  I WON'T LEAVE YOU HANGING :cry:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-27 4:59 PM
It's there! Sorry I thought since they emailed me to tell me you hadn't chimed in, they'd email once you had. I'll never doubt you again... please don't sue me:cry:
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-01-27 6:24 PM
holy crap congrats!:cool:
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-01-30 9:48 AM
Yesterday was week 2 of diligently tracking through the weekend :D though I don't know if I lost anything since I am day 2'of my period, there is no point until Friday(my usual weigh in day) when it's about over. I earned 56 activity PTs this week, though I used all but 5 of them :blush: at least I'm getting back into the tracking habit!
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2012-01-30 10:27 AM
:meh:

i think it's time to take the pooping and period talk over to Womens. : pbbt:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-30 12:52 PM
Good job on tracking through the weekend!  :-)
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2012-01-30 12:58 PM
After a busy weekend of activity I weighed in close to my goal weight this morning.  :shocker!:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-30 5:14 PM
:O :x
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2012-01-30 5:16 PM
Perhaps the salad pizza helped :cool:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-30 5:21 PM
Don't waste away to nothing, TJ! :cry:: pbbt::hug:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2012-01-31 8:40 AM
I gained 0.8 lbs over the last 24 hours :cry:: pbbt:  I knew that second bowl of soup was a mistake
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-31 9:42 AM
:laugh: stupid calorie-laden broth:cry:
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-31 10:40 AM
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-01-31 7:14 AM
:shocker!::grin:
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-30 4:05 PM
I only lost 2.5 pounds over the course of my hospitalization which makes me really happy.  I was worried I would have another big drop and then no energy for a long time, etc.  This surgery has been a piece of cake compared to the others so far. 

So, one goal for me would be to weigh in still under my goal weight for February, which should happen without a problem.  Also, I will start tracking again in one more week.  Right now I just have to eat what I tolerate best and sometimes that's just stuff like mashed potatoes or whatever, so I'm not ready to worry about points yet.  I'm also going to start walking on the treadmill tomorrow and hopefully can run again in another week or two.  My surgeon said as long as it isn't painful and I don't exhaust myself, it's fine to workout.  :-)

Ok so:

1) weigh in under goal for February
2) resume tracking on Feb 7th
3) start walking program Jan 31, increasing to running as able

Sounds good to me! 
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-01-30 4:35 PM
Yay :D
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-30 5:22 PM
:x
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-31 4:18 PM
I did not do the treadmill today.  I was a little more active doing things around the house this morning and got more sore than I expected so I took a percocet and a nap instead.  Maybe tomorrow.  :-)
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-01 10:56 AM
One mile walked on treadmill.  I promise not to report that here every day, but today got me started so it seemed relevant.  :-)
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-01 11:17 AM
:cool::hug:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-31 7:29 AM
Down another pound... success! :D
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-01-31 10:40 AM
Yes! :cool:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-01-31 11:16 AM
Yay!  :-)
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-31 2:43 PM
Yay!  Have you reported yet?  It doesn't appear that you have. :hug:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-01-31 2:59 PM
Not yet I've been out all day and my iPhone doesn't like that site. I'll be home shortly and will check in then. I'm actually down like 3 pounds from last week but counting it as one since I'm sure it's a water weight thing or something :?
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-31 7:19 PM
Just use what the scale says silly! :p
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-01-31 2:43 PM
Using yesterday's weight (I was scale-less this morning) I do not have to give money to an anti-charity this week.  Yay!
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-03 1:48 PM
yeah okay so I gained a lousy pound this week BUT it's period week so no biggie. I feel great and know I've been making good choices and my workouts have been fantastic so the scale can suck it.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-03 1:59 PM
I was sick for 3 days and spent that whole time on the couch eating because when I'm sick that's what I do. :blush: Bad Brookie :blush:
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-04 12:58 PM
Ugh.  I dropped four more pounds from Thurs to Fri because I had to go on liquids all day Thurs as the food in my guts was just stuck and wouldn't move.  That was pretty awesome.  I must have managed to take in enough calories yesterday though because my weight was the same when I checked again this morning. 

I know it seems crazy to whine about losing weight when I've previously worked so hard to take it off, but I need a break from this.  I've lost over 25 pounds since I went in for my surgery in October.  Enough already!
Parent - - By HurricaneMom [us] Date 2012-02-05 2:22 PM
Hang in there...
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-05 6:55 PM
Thanks! I've held steady for two days so that's good.  :-)
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-02-06 7:49 AM
Feel better :(
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-06 8:59 AM
Starting this week my new weigh-in day is Tuesday. Wish me luck. :laugh::cry:
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-07 7:29 AM
hmmm, interesting. I don't like weighing in on Tuesday, which tells me it's the right thing to do. :roll:: pbbt:
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-02-06 5:26 PM
Week 3 of tracking diligently done. Still haven't weighed myself bc I am afraid :meh: but I earned 65 activity points last week and only used 48 :D
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-06 6:34 PM
How are your clothes fitting? Do you have more energy? Feel stronger?
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-02-06 6:50 PM
Good, yes, yes :D I feel like I'm losing and my face looks thinner so probably am. I figure I'll just keep tracking for a while.
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-06 7:28 PM
You're doing great!
Parent - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-07 7:28 AM
It's easier to focus on those things, I think. The scale is eeeeeevil. (altho I admit to weighing once a week, I try really hard not to get hung up on the stupid number)

You're doing terrific. :cool:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-07 11:09 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-07 7:32 AM
Ok weighed in pre-workout and I'm the same as last week which, dd, I'll be reporting as a victory since a) I'm ahead of schedule for my loss as per my stickK goal, b) I'm getting my period tomorrow and c) I haven't pooped today (sorry adamswims!). I'm ok with my ref disagreeing! I'll check in on stickK in a couple of hours :)
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-07 11:10 AM
That's still a victory -- you only have to be at the goal weight.

I, unfortunately, need to use my "grace period" (stickk has such a thing!) and report tomorrow.  If you won't let me I'll understand but I was a beer guzzling mexican food eating fatass all weekend and the bloat is not good.  I am up about a pound and a half from this week's goal weight but I think I'll hit it in the morning. 
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-07 11:48 AM
I'm gonna allow this, this once. Next time I might have to get tough with you  :mischief:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-07 2:21 PM
Over lunch I'm only .4 over :p
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-07 12:34 PM
Yay, I gained back a pound and a half!  :-) I'm happy as it looks like I can take enough calories in now and that's a good thing.  I am going to WW tonight and will weigh in for February.  Tracking starts back up tomorrow!  I think the tracking will be good because if I am using all my points them I'm eating enough.  It will also help me make sure I'm staying balanced unlike last night when I had cottage cheese and chocolate cake for dinner.  :blush:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-09 9:45 PM
Wanted wine or beer tonight but am skipping it since I am going on a friend trip this weekend.  I am proud of myself. 
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-11 5:11 PM
I was going to join in but for some reason stickk.com won't let me log in :roll: So, I'm saying it here....My goal is to gain 2 lbs/week. And, I'm tracking it on MyPlate.
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-12 1:36 PM
Sounds like a good goal.  Looking forward to hearing about your progress.  :cool:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-12 9:59 PM
We will support you!
Parent - By nicolet Date 2012-02-13 10:32 AM
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-13 3:08 PM
Yep! :)
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-14 8:39 AM
I think I lost weight this weekend from my brutal ski race.  Amazing.  Hey Brookie next week I need my grace period since I fly home from Alaska on Tuesday night.  I will be really bloated from my hundred...
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-14 11:53 AM
Totally, you got it.

I did poorly this week. Oh well, it's only $5 and this week's a new week. I'll do better. :)
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-14 12:06 PM
Yup it's just one day.
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-14 1:20 PM
I took my wedding/engagement ring in today to have it sized down so I can start wearing it again.  They have to take it from a 7 1/2 down to a 5 1/2! :shocker!:
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-15 11:48 AM
It's only been about four days, but I've gained back the pound that I lost while I was in the hospital. 
And, I saw my nutritionist for the first time in a long time today.  It's pretty crazy how much more food I need compared to what they were giving me in the hospital :shocker!:  So, I'll start with the increased meal plan at lunch. 
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-15 9:01 PM
That's crazy that they weren't giving you enough in the hospital.  How does that even happen???  Glad you have a plan.  :-)
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-16 6:01 AM
The crazy thing was that I was asking for more and they didn't change my meal plan for 6 days even though my weight was decreasing...and then they only increased my breakfast a little. I guess it was b/c the nutritionist was new and young :wtf: At least my nutritionist at home is more experienced with ED recovery and knows that I tend to need a lot of food to gain weight. 
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-16 6:39 AM
Well, I'm glad you have someone good to work with.  I hope you're feeling a little better.  I know it's not nearly the same thing, but I had a very rapid weight loss after one of my surgeries and it just wiped me out.  Getting my calories back where they needed to me made me feel a whole lot better.  Hopefully you'll get the same kind of boost.  :-)
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-16 9:45 AM
Nice work!
Parent - - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-02-21 12:21 PM
Did my 4 weeks of good tracking and then skipped last week. Got re-motivated to get back on the tracking bandwagon as my clothes are all much looser. So I'm committing to another 4 solid weeks of tracking :D
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-21 12:26 PM
Yay!  Isn't it crazy how well it works? 
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-21 1:42 PM
I think I am back on track... just in time to have fucked something up in my back! :cry: Must remain vigilant. I made a PT appointment for tomorrow and in the meantime am going to try and eat super healthy. Not my strong suit! :p
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-21 2:25 PM
:(

I am still in Alaska and will have to weigh tomorrow.  I will probably still be bloated and have to donate to the evildoers.
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-23 5:16 AM
I just read your race report and definitely think you and your body deserve a week off from weighing :hug:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-23 10:11 AM
Yeah it does.  I don't want to lie though.  I am above my target weight though.
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-23 5:25 AM
I haven't weighed but I'm already struggling with my meal plan.  I'm eating 6 times a day but having a really hard time with the 3 big meals (I have gastroparesis and get full really easily).  So, I'm meeting with my nutritionist today to get some help spreading all the calories I need out a little better by either making my "snacks" bigger or having me do the high cal homemade shakes in place of snacks. 
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-23 7:25 AM
I struggled with that when I first got home from the hospital this last time. I don't have the gastroparesis, but I seemed to get full after tiniest bit of food from having my guts manipulated so much.  I was losing too much weight, too.  I ended setting a timer for every two hours and eating a snack or drinking a high calorie drink (I used Carnation, but I think I remember you have some intolerances so that won't work.). At any rate, that schedule helped increase my overall intake significantly and stabilized my weight.  Might be something to try.

I'm glad you're going to see your nutritionist to tweak your plan.  Don't quit doing the work!  Hang in there. 
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-23 10:18 AM
I hope you are able to get it figured out.  I know it probably hurts physically but maybe it's just something you have to suffer through to get healthy again?  Not to sound uncaring, because you know I truly do care (by the way I'm coming to Lawrence April 1), but perhaps you will just have to soldier through.  Sort of like the DTs?  (Probably a bad analogy).
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-23 3:00 PM
Agreed that I just have to put up with being uncomfortable, but I've been getting past the point of just being uncomfortable.  For the past few days it's gotten to the point of really bad nausea and reflux.  But, I just talked with my nutritionist and she made some pretty simple adjustments that will hopefully help a lot.  I'm feeling much better after talking with her. 

Oh, and please let me know if you want together for lunch or something when you're in town.  It would be great to see you :), and an added bonus would be it would help me "practice" eating out...something that makes me really anxious.
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-23 3:06 PM
That would be great.  Let's plan on getting together for lunch or dinner or something.  I'll figure out details!  I remember our lunch at the Free State -- that was really fun.
Parent - By nicolet Date 2012-02-23 3:39 PM
Sounds like a plan :)
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-23 10:17 AM
I am 131.8 and the TANITA says my body fat is 18% which means I am still super bloated (it usually says 27% in the morning).  While $20 will go to the organization I loathe with every inch of my body, I am positive that next week I will hit it and can now get back on track.  I suspect I lost weight from my race and once the bloat goes down I'll be back in the 120s (provided I don't go nuts this weekend).

I am having post-race malaise already :(  I think I'm still sleep-deprived as well.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-23 10:24 AM
Sorry you're feeling low :x
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-24 6:09 AM
Up 1.8 lbs since I got out of the hospital.  Closer to 1 lb/week gain, but I'll take it (better than losing weight like I was in the hospital :p).  And, after talking with my nutritionist yesterday that's about where I should be.  Apparently outpatient weight gain of approx. 1 lb a week is safer (prevents refeeding syndrome) and more long lasting than trying to gain more quickly. Next weigh in is in 5 days and I'm hoping for at least another lb by then. 
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-24 6:11 AM
Way to go, that's great :)
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-24 7:33 PM
That's awesome!  :-)
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-27 11:18 AM
A pound per week would be great.  Keep it up!!! :hug:
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-02-24 8:11 AM
I'm in a holding pattern, which isn't the end of the world but being the impatient person I am, I'm sort of miffed. Derby practices are going really well and I continue to get stronger so I have no real complaints I guess. My diet can always get better of course. :roll:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-24 9:53 AM
You are probably gaining muscle.  It's hard to lean out too much while asking a lot of your body.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-27 11:17 AM
Back in the 120s.  :cool: :grin::grin:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-02-28 11:30 AM
Maintained, which is a freaking miracle
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-28 7:26 PM
:cool:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-02-29 8:11 AM
Good job! :-)
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-02-29 12:47 PM
Up another 1.5 lbs. And, now approved for taking Sage on a walk as long as I eat more :grin: My next weigh in is next Friday morning, so hopefully will be up another 1 or 2 lbs by then. 
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-02-29 3:39 PM
This is great!  Keep it up sister.
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-03-01 3:55 PM
You are doing so great.  :-)
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-03-06 7:25 AM
I am mysteriously maintaining my weight though I'm not really doing my WW tracking or getting any exercise right now.  I'm just eating healthy food 90% of the time and really exercising portion control for the other 10% of the time.  I know I'm taking in a little more calories than I was, but I also feel more energetic so I'm thinking maybe my body is using a good amount of calories to recover from the anemia and stuff still?  I am weighing myself each morning with the mental agreement that the instant I see the number creep I'm back to tracking again.  Working well so far. 
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-03-06 12:22 PM
138 thx to Aunt Flo. I'll take it! :D
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-03-06 1:04 PM
Yay!!!  I am 0.2 off from my goal for the week :mutmad: so I'll try again tomorrow if that's ok :sad:  I don't want to pay the evildoers over 0.2...
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-03-09 11:13 AM
Up another 1.2lbs in the past week.  I know it's a good thing, but I'm not feeling very positive about it.  I feel like a lazy slob.  Meh. 
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-03-09 4:34 PM
Don't feel that way.  Be positive :p
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-03-09 6:14 PM
Your head is trying to mess with you.  You know that you need to gain the weight in order to be healthy.  Keep going, you are doing a great job.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2012-03-12 2:24 PM
Down to 168 the last couple of days, which is right about where I was aiming to get.  We'll see if I can stay down here! 
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-03-12 2:40 PM
skinny:shocker!:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-03-13 1:46 PM
Holding steady at 138. I'm happy with this!
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2012-03-14 1:22 PM
:cool::cool::cool: yay!:hug:
Parent - - By nicolet Date 2012-03-15 12:01 PM
I've had a tough week recovery-wise so I got weighed "blind" this morning at the nutritionist and don't know my weight.  But, I got a slight increase in my meal plan, so that probably means that it was the same as last week.  She helped me plan my meals for the next few days, which should help make this next week a lot better.  I love my nutritionist :hug:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-03-15 1:24 PM
:hug:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-03-15 2:15 PM
:hug:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-03-16 6:43 PM
I'm glad she is trying different things to help you.  Hope this will be a week you can feel good about. :hug:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-03-15 2:16 PM
I am sucking at losing weight this point but am holding strong at an acceptable weight.  I do want to lose 5 more pounds though and they're the hardest ones.  Boo.  I am just really hungry and am eating :p
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-03-15 2:42 PM
Seems to me that maintenace for you right now is a good thing and not not success, if you know what I mean :p
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2012-03-16 6:57 AM
Maintaining and not stressing about it. I ate really decent this week so just gonna keep it up and not worry about the dang scale.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-03-16 8:07 AM
That is awesome, you look fabu.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-03-16 8:06 AM
I feel gross. I have been letting the wine and beer consumption sneak up which doesn't help my cold or my fatness. 
Up Topic General / Nutrition / New Challenge Check-In