Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Nutrition / I think I need to recommit to eating healthy
- - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-22 6:47 AM
anyone with me? :blush:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-22 2:18 PM
I'm with you, fatty :) making while wheat artichoke heart and spinach pasta salad for dinner tonight B-)
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-22 4:33 PM
whole wheat:mutmad:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-05-22 4:25 PM
I do too.  What I really need to do, truthfully, is drink less.  :blush:  I eat pretty well.  Until I start drinking that is.  :roll: 
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-22 4:33 PM
I could stand to drink less too and omg any self control I have around food goes straight out the window on Drunk Day AND Hangover Day.

. .
)-(
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-05-23 9:04 AM
Ugh.  I honestly think the only thing to do is some sort of lifestyle overhaul, which is far more daunting than a diet.  I keep getting to my happy weight then puffing up after too much socializing.  Or, perhaps I should accept that I will never be super lean so long as I socialize so much.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-23 10:11 AM
i'm the exact same.
Parent - By Marty Moo Date 2012-05-24 2:51 PM
Yes!
Sometimes I feel like I have to choose.  Do I want to lose weight, or do I want to enjoy food & drink with family & friends? :cry:
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2012-05-22 8:19 PM
Nutritionally, I'm a lost cause.   Weekends :cry:   I can eat like vegetarian monk all week but when the weekend hits all hell breaks loose.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-23 10:38 AM
Wanna do a weekend challenge? :D
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2012-05-23 1:23 PM
Thats a good idea but we need a realistic challenge !
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-23 2:00 PM
What about trying to keep weekends more like weekdays with the exception of two meals. Just taking a stab - I'm open to other/better suggestions.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-05-23 2:51 PM
I was thinking about limiting myself to 7 total drinks/week (one/day average) and maybe giving myself gold stars for achieving this? :-)
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2012-05-23 3:06 PM
Yeah that sounds good.   I need some sort of beer challenge though :cry:   Not sure what it should be.   Whats the number of drinks you can have per day and still be "healthy"
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-05-23 3:14 PM
I really like dd's idea. One per day whenever you want them. I need to do this with sweets AND booze :blush:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2012-05-24 8:26 AM
I'm currently back on Jackie Warner's eating plan - and she advocates for exactly that.  Eat healthy all week, then on the weekend you get two cheat meals of 1500 calories each.  That way you don't derail your whole day, but you can easily go to dinner w/ friends (and order dessert) and have Sunday brunch and not feel guilty - or that big tub of popcorn and a drink at the movies.  And the rest of the day you just eat normally.  Plus once you get the hang of the rest of the meal plan it's really easy to do on your own.  2 whole grains, 3 proteins, 4 veggies, 2 fruits etc per day however you want to mix them up.  (I totally sound like spam) : pbbt: 

I'm on week two right now - glad to have a full of healthy food fridge again, and I'm hopefully back on my way to getting rid of this last 8lbs!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2012-05-24 8:30 AM
I'm with you Brookie! 
Sometimes it's really hard to avoid the potato chips!  I love them so much :cry:
Parent - By Marty Moo Date 2012-05-24 2:43 PM
I'm with you, Brookie!

I started counting WW points last week.  So far, so good.  I'm feeling committed.
So sick of this extra weight that keeps slowly and steadily creepy up!
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-05-24 3:09 PM
I need to get back to tracking.  Right now it seems like if I track 2-3 days per week and just eat "decently" the rest of the week, I can maintain.  I really would like to improve my body composition (whether that moves the scale or not) and I feel like I need to eat cleaner if that is going to happen.  Really though, I need to get through this anemia mess before I can worry too much about any of it. :-(
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-01 8:11 AM
Holy shit I need to pull myself together.  :meh:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-06-01 8:19 AM
Let's commit to being healthy this weekend!
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-01 9:46 AM
Sounds good.  To do my part I am:

-- not going to drink at all today through Sunday
-- eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water
-- get some miles in
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-06-01 10:10 AM
I will:

- eat my stupid apple and orange a day
- drink lots of water
- not not drink, but not use being drunk as an excuse to have that 4th meal: pbbt:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-01 10:47 AM
Yesterday was really good until I found my "trail food" stash (i.e. peanut M&Ms and Reese's Pieces).  Total Debauchery.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-05 11:41 AM
Weekend fail for a variety of reasons but I'm back on track.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2012-06-05 11:50 AM
I need to do something about my runaway ice cream eating.  I've gotten much better about alcohol calories lately, but ice cream seems to be filling the caloric vacuum.  :meh:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-05 1:18 PM
I was recently on an ice cream kick too.  Good for you on getting alcohol calores under control though.  The weather here has been quintssential red wine weather and unfortunately I'm not very good about having a single measured 5oz glass of wine.  Which, naturally, must be followed up by second dinner.... :meh:
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-06-05 1:56 PM
Great now I want ice cream :cry:
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2012-06-05 1:08 PM
Weight watchers restarted last Thursday (though I'll be honest - I didn't start tracking until yesterday).  Yesterday I wasn't good about bringing the right meals/snacks, but today, I was back to what I know works and keeps me full, and I'm happy and have lots of points for dinner.  :grin:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-06-11 9:14 PM
I tracked today.  It's a big deal since I've been such a slouch about it for so long.  I know if I just do it for a couple of weeks I will be right back in the habit again.  Meeting Friday morning.  I've been going once per month (still Lifetime) but I need to get back to every week.

I'm glad to see you are back at it.  We've worked too hard to not keep up with it! :hug:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-06-05 1:57 PM
Ugh I hate that I have such a hard time with this:sad:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-05 4:30 PM
We need to just work on good habits and being generally balanced healthy people.  I think we are both mostly there already but given our dissatisfaction with our bodies we just need to do a little better and over time it will help.  For me reducing alcohol consumption seems to be the change that is needed.
Parent - - By D3 [us] Date 2012-06-12 2:53 PM Edited 2012-06-12 2:55 PM
Oh good lord yes I am.

I am doing some variation of everything posted here...and I empathize with the plight of the microbrew/crappy eating connection as well as where TJ is getting his ice cream fix (I miss that place and am overcompensating in my new town).

I really need some accountability. I am totally in on any incentive or anything. I am a blob of unhealthy living.

ETA: I thought that buying 6packs vs 12packs would help me slow down my beer-ing but now I think I look like an alcoholic in the eyes of the store clerk.
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-12 3:45 PM
Are you Dana?
Parent - By D3 [us] Date 2012-06-12 4:34 PM
The blobby lazy version of her! :cry:
Parent - - By Marty Moo Date 2012-06-12 3:24 PM
I tracked WW points diligently for 2 weeks, lost NOTHING, got frustrated, and quit.  Actually, I stayed pretty much on track, just didn't enter points.  Now I'm back at it.
My body is so stubborn. :mutmad:
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-06-12 9:11 PM
It takes time for some people.  Don't get discouraged. 
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-12 3:47 PM
I stuck to week 1 of 5 drinks/week.  I am forming better habits dammit!!! :mutmad:: pbbt:  I think this new habit will be awesome for my liver and beer gut :D
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-06-13 8:33 AM
omg I fucked up so bad this weekend and Monday/Tuesday this week. Stupid beer. Ok here I go again...:roll:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-13 8:56 AM
I am using stickk again but with no money to stick to the 5 drink max thing.  I've got to say it is a better life last week with less alcohol.  :blush:  Makes me sound like a raging drunk :cry::blush:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2012-06-13 9:00 AM
Monday night I started the night with 2 pitchers of beer to myself. Started with two pitchers!  My tolerance is scary these days. :cry::blush:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2012-06-15 9:54 AM
That's probably a good indication that you could stand to back off a bit :p  I haven't had a single drink since last Saturday.  This 5 drink/week limit is forcing me to be more thoughtful about when/where I have a drink and whether I really truly want it or could as happily have something else.  I tend to mindlessly drink anytime anyone else has one and then mindlessly keep ordering more or refilling my glass with wine.  That's a lot of calories and probably not good for the ol' liver.
Parent - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2012-06-15 8:35 PM
I think this is a good approach.  You are still able to enjoy some drinks but the amount is reasonable and won't sabotage your efforts.
Up Topic General / Nutrition / I think I need to recommit to eating healthy