Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Travel / Camp Nou on Thursday. "A final is always there to be won." A
- By winnie888 [cn] Date 2012-09-04 12:38 AM
SYDNEY, Australia -- Ana Ivanovics preparations for next weeks Australian Open hit another obstacle when the former No. Matt Schaub Jersey . 1 and 2008 French Open champion was beaten 7-6 (5), 6-2 by Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic on Sunday. Ivanovic was defeated in the second round of last weeks Brisbane International by Kim Clijsters, meaning the Serb will have had just three tournament matches going into the years first Grand Slam at Melbourne Park beginning Jan. 16. At 5-5 in the tiebreaker Sunday, Ivanovic missed an easy smash at the net which would have established a set point. "I kept replaying that shot in my mind throughout the whole match," she said. "I felt like that was the turning point." Ivanovic said she would travel straight to Melbourne to continue her preparations for the Australian Open. "It gives me plenty of time to work on a few things and tune up a few things, but I feel my game is there," she said. "Its still going to be good to have a few days to work. I had a good off-season and I just want to try and keep at it." Former Australian Open quarter-finalist and top 10 player Jelena Dokic beat fellow Australian Isabella Holland 6-0, 6-0. The only other first-round match Sunday was suspended by rain in the third set with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia up a service break and leading Chinas Peng Shuai 6-2, 4-6, 4-3. Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki and Wimbledon champion and No. 2 seed Petra Kvitova have first-round byes in the joint ATP-WTA Sydney tournament. Top-seeded Juan Martin del Potro and the three other top mens seeds also have first-round byes. There were no mens singles matches played Sunday. Ed Reed Jersey . This star of hoops and reality TV is right at home in Hollywood, and hes incredibly grateful to be back with his original NBA team. Odom formally joined the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday following a four-team trade last week, vowing to revitalize his career with a once-downtrodden franchise now on the verge of title contention. Ray Rice Jersey . Team officials said the 27-year-old Papadopoulos, who was flying back to Greece on Saturday, could be out for up to six months. The player made no comment. Papadopoulos was helped off the pitch in the 37th minute of Fridays tournament opener after what initially appeared to be a harmless challenge from Poland striker Robert Lewandowski in the Group A game. LaMarr Woodley Jersey . 26, 2009, to Jan. 5, 2010. NCAA Division I hockey will be well represented on Team USA, with 15 college players on the roster as of Wednesday. Darren McFadden Jersey . Storm shot his second consecutive four-under 68, while Webster managed a two- under 70. The pair finished 36 holes at eight-under 136 and is one clear at Prosper Golf Resort. Denarius Moore Jersey . 87 will lead Pittsburgh tonight when the Penguins host the St. Louis Blues at Consol Energy Center. Playing in his first game in over 10 months, Crosby notched two goals and two assists to lift the Penguins to a 5-0 home win over the New York Islanders.BARCELONA, Spain -- Barcelona can cap four illustrious years under Pep Guardiola with a 14th trophy when it plays Athletic Bilbao in Fridays Copa del Rey final. The match at Atletico Madrids Vicente Calderon Stadium will be Guardiolas last in charge of the team, ending an unprecedented period of success for Barcelona since the former player took charge in 2008. The 41-year-old Guardiola will be looking to finish the way he started, as a 4-1 cup victory over Athletic three years ago provided the first prize for his trophy cabinet. Ready to hand over the coaching duties to his assistant and good friend Tito Vilanova, Guardiola will look at the game as an opportunity to cap a season that started well but finished poorly. Barcelona hasnt played a meaningful game in one month after it lost to eventual Champions League winner Chelsea in the semifinals, just days after losing to Real Madrid to surrender its three-year hold on the Spanish league. "Ive got the feeling we are very well prepared for this final," Guardiola said from the Camp Nou on Thursday. "A final is always there to be won." A record 26th domestic cup will at least send Guardiola out on a high and would deliver a fourth trophy in this campaign after winning the Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup and Club World Cup. Barcelona remains without injured striker David Villa and its defence is also depleted as Carles Puyol, Eric Abidal and Daniel Alves are all missing. Striker Alexis Sanchez returns from injury while backup goalkeeper Jose Manuel Pinto -- who has started all cup games under Guardiola -- should get the nod after missing the last game of the season withh an ankle injury. Josh Cribbs Jersey. "The illnesses that befell players we love in this club were the worst thing, everything else turned out well," Guardiola said. He summarized his time in charge with a reference to Abidals long-running liver illness which forced the France defender to undergo a transplant in March. "His departure is going to be dramatic for me," defender Gerard Pique said. "Hell leave a void but Tito will continue on and well do well. Its normal for eras to end in football." Athletic coach Marcelo Bielsa could also be seeing his term coming to an end. Bielsa hasnt said whether he will continue next season, and the Argentine coach has refused to budge on the question until after the cup final. Like Barcelona, Bilbao risks closing the season on a low, having lost 3-0 to Atletico Madrid in the Europa League final. The Basque club will have welcomed a long layoff following the longest season of any Spanish club playing in Europe. "We dont dwell on favourites," Bielsa said on Thursday. "After coming so close to a title already this is a fantastic opportunity that motivates us, were fully optimistic on our chances." The teams have combined to win the competition 48 times, and the matchup promises to provide unrelenting, attacking football, although a quick replant of turf at the Calderon following a Coldplay concert may hinder the players some. "Athletic enjoys one advantage that we dont in that their team hasnt won any titles this season, so there is hunger there," Guardiola said. "Its going to be a nice final. They will attack and so will we." ' ' '
Up Topic General / Travel / Camp Nou on Thursday. "A final is always there to be won." A