Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Triathlons / Caron jammed home from the slot to the delight of his teamma
- By winnie888 [cn] Date 2012-09-04 12:53 AM
COLOGNE, Germany -- A referee in Germanys Bundesliga was found bleeding in his hotel bathtub following an apparent suicide attempt hours before he was due to take charge of Saturdays game between Cologne and Mainz. Ryan Mathews Jersey . The game was called off after Babak Rafati was found in his hotel room earlier Saturday "after sustaining injuries with no sign of any involvement by a third party," Cologne police spokesman Andre Fassbender told The Associated Press. "It certainly looks like (a suicide attempt), yes," Fassbender said. German Football Federation (DFB) president Theo Zwanziger said Rafatis condition was stable but that he would need "intensive treatment" and be hospitalized for some time. Zwanziger said the referees three assistants told him that they had tried unsuccessfully to reach Rafati by phone two hours before kickoff to prepare for the match. When he didnt respond to knocks on his door, they got hotel staff to open the door. Zwanziger said Rafati was "lying in the bathtub and a lot of blood could be seen." Everything was "fully normal" when the assistants met Rafati on Friday evening, and they told Zwanziger that it was not unusual for him not to meet them for breakfast as "it was often so." There was no immediate word on what might have led to the apparent suicide attempt, and Zwanziger said he could not give information on the reasons behind it. "I can only tell you the pressure on our referees is tremendously high for various reasons," Zwanziger said. The 41-year-old Rafati has been a referee for the DFB since 1997 and a top-division referee since 2005. He has taken charge of 84 Bundesliga matches and been a FIFA referee since 2008. Cologne said a replacement referee for Saturdays match could not be found at such short notice. "Between 2 and 2:15 p.m. we got the message that the referee was in an accident," Cologne sporting director Volker Finke said. "Its appropriate and correct that the game cant take place." Mainz said the German Football League, or DFL, cancelled the game after consulting both clubs. A new date has yet to be set for the game. Steve Johnson Jersey . Louis Cardinals, 7-2, in the second test of a three-game series at Chase Field. Reynolds went 3-for-4 with a solo homer and two RBI for the Diamondbacks, who bounced back from a 5-2 defeat in the series opener on Friday. Josh Cribbs Jersey .5 million contract. The 36-year-old defender scored four goals and added seven assists in 66 games with the Nashville Predators in 2011-12. Darren McFadden Jersey .J. -- Mark Sanchez smiled for a split-second when a reporter labeled him as the most scrutinized guy in the New York Jets locker room. Ryan Mathews Jersey . After missing the first half of the season because of left wrist and elbow injuries, Crawford returned July 16. Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said the teams medical staff had told him not to start Crawford more than four days in a row. Haloti Ngata Jersey . Feuz came down the longest course on the World Cup tour in two minutes 35.31 seconds for a victory that gave him the lead in the downhill standings in his breakout season. "Its unbelievable to win this race in front of the Swiss fans," said the 24-year-old Feuz, who was second in Fridays super-combined after dominating the downhill leg. Tweet NEWARK, N.J. -- There arent many players who can admit to scoring their first NHL goal against a future Hall of Fame goaltender.   Unless, of course, youre Boston Bruins rookie forward Jordan Caron.   Carons first career NHL goal not only came against New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur, but gave his team just the lift it needed on the way to a 4-1 triumph on Saturday at Prudential Center.   "Its a great feeling to get my first NHL goal against Brodeur," the 19-year-old said. "Hes a great goalie ... maybe one of the best ever so I think its a bonus to score against him. Being from Montreal, I watched him play and saw him win those Stanley Cups. Its pretty special scoring against him." For the record, Caron, a native of Sayabec, Que., was only 4 when Brodeur won his first Cup in 1995 and 12 when hed garner his third in the spring of 2003.   According to coach Claude Julien, Carons goal was very typical for his second-line right wing.   "He scored a typical Jordan Caron goal -- all about overpowering while doing a good job standing in front of the net where hes really good," Julien said. "Some guys have a knack for finding those loose pucks and hes pretty good at it."   With the Devils holding a 1-0 lead in the second, Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk took a blast from the right point that Caron jammed home from the slot to the delight of his teammates.   "Yeah, everyone was happy for me," Caron recalled. "(Patrice) Bergeron tookk it out of the net for me. Nate Washington Jersey. That puck will land somewhere in my future home or something. I have to keep it safe."   The first-round draft pick, selected 25th by the Bruins in 2009, became the second rookie to score for the Bruins in as many games. On Oct. 10 at O2 Arena in Prague, Tyler Seguin, the second player chosen in last Junes draft, scored his first NHL goal in a 3-0 victory against the Phoenix Coyotes.   Bruins goalie Tim Thomas, who has been in net for both Boston victories this season, said the play of both youngsters has been exciting to watch.   "Theyre playing great, playing beyond their years," he said. "Jordan scored but hes also doing a lot of the little things right. Hes got great composure when the puck comes around the boards and hes not fumbling it or giving it away.   "Seguin has talent and I saw him in a one-on-one battle with (Zach) Parise and its hard to win a one-on-one battle with Zach Parise," Thomas continued. "But he ended up coming out with the puck so that shows you the level of talent he has."   Caron was a point-per-game player in his four seasons of junior hockey with the Rimouski OcĂ©anic of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. The fact hes worked with center Bergeron and left wing Blake Wheeler has certainly worked to his benefit in just two games with the big club.   "All the lines have been working hard and thats good," Caron said. "It gets everyone in the game and we all had good energy."   Follow Mike Morreale on Twitter at: @mike_morreale ' ' '
Up Topic Training / Triathlons / Caron jammed home from the slot to the delight of his teamma