Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Triathlons / Franco Brienza received a second yellow and his marching ord
- By jingqi86 [cn] Date 2012-09-06 2:41 AM
VANCOUVER -- Jimmy Nielsen put almost a seasons worth of saves into one game Wednesday night. Ray Lewis Jersey . The Sporting Kansas City goalkeeper made seven stops as his club continued its hot start to the Major League Soccer season with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps. Kansas City remained unbeaten with seven wins, all in regulation. This marks the first time since 1996 that a team has started the season with seven wins without going into extra time. The Los Angeles Galaxy started with eight straight regulation wins that year. Heading into the game, Nielsen, a 34-year-old native of Aalborg, Denmark, had just eight saves in the entire campaign. "I can have a full paycheque this time," he said with a smile. Nielsen was kept busy after having to make just one save in Kansas Citys previous win over Salt Lake. Before that game, his club went a league-record 335 minutes without allowing a shot. But the Whitecaps kept him busy much of the night, especially in the last 10 minutes as they pressed to score. "I kind of had nothing to do in the last couple of games, but today there were (shots to stop)," Nielsen said. "We knew that it would be tough coming up here today. I prepared myself a little different to come here. I was pretty sure that I would be in action today." Aurelien Collin, a defender known for his off-field flamboyance, scored in the 24th minute for Kansas City. He was also prominent on the play that led to his clubs second marker, a Vancouver own goal off defender Martin Bonjour in the 51st minute "Its a good show, the seven wins in seven games," said Collin. "If we keep going like that, this team can win a lot of games." Kei Kamara scored Kansas Citys other goal in the 65th minute. Sebastien Le Toux spoiled Nielsens shutout bid in the 80th minute. It was only the second goal that Kansas City has allowed this season. Many fans appeared to stay home to watch the Vancouver Canucks on television in a potentially season-ending Stanley Cup playoff game in Los Angeles. The crowd of 15,382 at B.C. Place Stadium was smaller than average. But there was no lack of excitement as Nielsen made several stellar saves to hand the Whitecaps their second straight loss. "Overall, we created enough chances to win," said Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit. "We didnt give up that many chances. But it just so happened that the chances we did give up turned into goals. Thats when it gets disappointing. But, ultimately, if we clean those up, then weve got a lot better chance for a good result." The game got off to a testy start as Vancouver striker Eric Hassli received a yellow card in the sixth minute for a hard tackle on Kamara near midfield. Kamara curled into a ball on the turf, holding his shin and writhing in pain for a couple of minutes. Shortly after Hassli got the yellow Kamara went off, started jumping up and down and quickly returned, drawing jeers from the crowd. Collin was cautioned in the 18th minute as he pushed Le Toux into a sideline advertising sign. The Kansas City defender made up for his miscue six minutes later as he put the visitors ahead 1-0. Kansas City received a second chance on a corner kick after the first one went off a Whitecaps defender and out of bounds, and Collin capitalized after Roger Espinozas shot hit Vancouvers Gershon Koffie and came to an unmarked Collin by the side of the net for an easy tap-in with Vancouver goalkeeper Joe Cannon caught out of position as he played the original shot. "I was at the right spot, right moment, and thank God I scored," said Collin. "Im happy I helped the team." Collin was instrumental in Vancouvers winning goal six minutes into the second half. Collin pressured Bonjour as the defender tried to defend a long Matt Besler throw-in from the right sideline. "I was with him and I was about to do a header and he fouled me," said Collin. "He threw me away and the ball touched his chest and it went straight into the goal." Shortly after the goal, Nielsen made another stellar save as he poked the ball over the crossbar after a Le Toux cross deflected off a Kansas City defender. Le Toux put Vancouver on the scoreboard with 10 official minutes left. After a Camilo header from second-half sub Omar Salgados cross rebounded the bar, Le Toux, standing in front of two defenders, headed the ball past Nielsen from the goal-line. A furious Nielsen, upset that offside was not called, raced to a linesman and argued nose-to-nose with him. But referee Badomero Toledo allowed the goal to stand while giving Nielsen a yellow card. "I thought (the linesman) lifted the flag on offside, and the referee came in and called an offside," said Nielsen. "Then he changed. I havent spoken to the ref and I dont know if it was an offside or not, but I know for sure that he called an offside and he changed." "It was a bit of theatrics, to be honest," countered DeMerit. Vancouver coach Martin Rennie said his club put in a strong effort, but ultimately lost on technical breakdowns. The loss will serve as a character test leading up to the Whitecaps next game Saturday at home against Dallas. "Im confident that there are good characters in here, but well have to find out," said Rennie. Notes: With a light rain failing before the game, the stadiums roof was closed. ... Salgado came in for Harris in 79th minute. ... Kansas Citys Paulo Nagamura was cautioned for time-wasting in the first half. ... Teal Bunbury, a Hamilton native who has dual Canadian-American citizenship and plays for the U.S., subbed on in the 62nd minute for Kansas City. Carson Palmer Jersey . He made sure one at the end of regulation didnt have a chance as he stepped up big against Jameer Nelson. Harris block kept Utah alive, and in the end it was the Jazz draining 3s to secure a 117-107 overtime victory over Orlando. Derek Wolfe Jersey . Doha and Baku, capital of Azerbaijan, were eliminated as the International Olympic Committee settled on a shortlist of three finalists. Both cities also failed to make the cut for the 2016 Games. Tokyo, Madrid and Istanbul -- all former bidders -- now advance to the final phase, a 17-month race that will end with the IOC vote on Sept. Ed Reed Jersey . -- On the hottest day this year in Kansas City, dehydration was starting to become a concern. Darrelle Revis Jersey .ca mixed martial arts rankings. For a breakdown of the UFC champions click here. Heavyweight 1) Junior Dos Santos2) Cain Velasquez3) Alistair Overeem4) Fabricio Werdum5) Daniel Cormier Didnt Make The Cut: Shane Carwin, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett Light Heavyweight 1) Jon Jones2) Dan Henderson3) Rashad Evans4) Mauricio (Shogun) Rua5) Lyoto Machida Didnt Make The Cut: Alexander Gustafsson, Phil Davis, Ryan Bader Middleweight 1) Anderson Silva2) Chael Sonnen3) Vitor Belfort4) Chris Weidman5) Michael Bisping Didnt Make The Cut: Tim Boetsch, Hector Lombard, Mark Munoz Welterweight 1) Georges St. Maurkice Pouncey Jersey . Then it really got bad. The Diamondbacks fell behind 6-0 after four innings and it took two two-run homers by Juan Miranda and Chris Youngs two-run infield hit in the seventh inning to rally the Diamondbacks to a 7-6 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday night. MILAN, Italy -- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored his 100th Serie A goal Sunday to help AC Milan crush Chievo 4-0 and keep the pressure on Serie A leader Juventus. All the goals came in a pulsating first half at the San Siro. Ibrahimovic also scored a penalty, while Thiago Silva and Alexandre Pato were on the scoresheet. Milan is a point behind Juventus, which has a game in hand. "We are playing very well," Ibrahimovic said. "All the team is working very hard, so everything is going as well as possible. "Whats important is to win. Then, if I score its even better -- its a bonus. Ive worked hard and scored a lot here in Italy. Ive improved quite a bit, especially close to goal." Earlier, Inter Milan needed a last-minute goal from Luc Castaignos to beat 10-man Siena 1-0 and edge further away from the relegation zone with its second league win in a row. Inter leapfrogs Fiorentina, which lost 2-0 at Palermo. Also Sunday, Adrian Mutus double gave Cesena a 2-0 win over Genoa, and Cagliari drew 1-1 with Bologna. Milan signalled its intent as early as the opening seconds when Ibrahimovic cracked a fierce effort off the crossbar. Massimiliano Allegris men took the lead in the eighth. Kevin Prince Boateng passed back for the onrushing Thiago Silva, who unleashed a powerful 18-yard shot, across goal and into the bottom left corner. Ibrahimovic notched up his century eight minutes later as he deftly controlled Alberto Aquilanis cross on the edge of the area. before lofting the ball over two defenders and Chievo goalkeeper Stefano Sorrentino. Pato grabbed his first goal since coming back from a two-month injury layoff shortly after the half hour mark when he was quickest to react as Aquilanis shot rebounded off a Chievo defender. The Brazilian, who returned against Fiorentina last week, was involved again at the end of the first half when he was hauled down by Luciano and the referee had no hesitation in pointing straight at the penalty spot. Ibrahimovic stepped up to fire into the top right corner and take his tally for Milan to 21 league goals, in addition to the 23 he scored for Juventus and the 57 for Inter. Inter was desperately seeking a victory following just one win its past three league games. But they had few chancces in a drab match at the Stadio Artemio Franchi. Darrelle Revis Jersey. Inter snatched all three points right at the death. Thiago Motta found Castaignos in the middle of the area and the Dutch youngster managed to squeeze a shot in between two Siena defenders for his first goal in Inter colours. Franco Brienza received a second yellow and his marching orders in stoppage time for dissent. Inter is 11 points behind Juventus but coach Claudio Ranieri has not given up hope of making up lost ground. "I dont know if now were back in it," Ranieri said. "I said this game was important because theyre all finals for us. We have to always look to win. It will be very difficult but thats our aim. "On one side theres a team which has won everything and on the other a team which wants to return to winning always. Juventus has been out of the title race for a few years. This year, after spending the right money and buying the right players, theyre deservedly back in it." Cesena made it two wins on the trot after recording its first victory of the season last week against Bologna. It took the lead in the 70th minute after Emiliano Moretti fouled Erjon Bogdani in the area. Mutu stepped up and cheekily looped his spot-kick over the diving Sebastien Frey. Mutu doubled his tally 10 minutes later with a stunning 25-yard strike into the top right corner, which gave Frey no chance. Fiorentina is closer to being sucked into a relegation battle after it lost 2-0 at Palermo. Miccoli beat the offside trap in the 22nd minute to give the home side the lead, and Ilicic made sure of the points with a stunning free-kick into the top right corner from over 25 yards out. Natali was dismissed in the final minutes after he picked up a second yellow card for dissent. Cagliari and Bologna had to settle for a 1-1 draw which will please neither of the struggling sides. Cagliari gifted Bologna the lead in the 75th minute. Cagliari captain Daniele Conti cleared a cross but only as far as Marco Di Vaio, who lashed it home from close range. Conti atoned for his error six minutes later after he was fouled by Nicolo Cherubin in the area. He stepped up to the spot and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way to ensure Cagliari a share of the spoils. ' ' '
Up Topic Training / Triathlons / Franco Brienza received a second yellow and his marching ord