Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Injuries / breathing better when running faster ????
- - By 4hoursorbust [us] Date 2013-03-20 11:06 AM
After running the Austin marathon I came down with sinus/bronchial illness. Not a big deal I needed the rest anyway. A month has gone by and I still some sinus problem. I tried all the usual remedies My little teapot with saline in my nose etc. Now I'm back starting to run nothing major 5 miles at a time. But the funny thing is at slowing speeds my breathing is difficult. I tried the treadmill to test it with mph settings . I started, very slow 5.2 MPH after about a half a mile I was dead. As us runners will do I kept going and I cranked up the speed to 6MPH. I started to feel a little better for the last mile 6.6 to 7.0 and felt like normal. So what gives?  Did my sinus open up? Did my cardio just took a while kick in because of my illness?  I'm really a mouth breather anyway. I have no other symptoms and WEB MD has not said SEE DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY so I'm just going let it ride for a while. Any ideas?
Parent - By JimGo1 Date 2013-07-09 8:03 PM
I would say it took awhile to get oxygenated due to the bronchial issue.   With time it should get better.
Parent - By JimGo1 Date 2013-10-18 5:37 AM
Any updates ?
Up Topic General / Injuries / breathing better when running faster ????