Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Twisted Ankle / I volunteered!
- - By Mufasa [us] Date 2013-05-22 10:58 AM
So Cookie Monster invited me to join him for his annual Twisted Ankle Marathon this year. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I have never met so many nice people with such a love for the sport. I volunteered and helped folks check in for the race. Everyone was so nice, they made me feel like I've been a part of the "group" for years! Kudos to everyone who directed, volunteered, and ran in this awesome trail  run! I have been challenged by a group of new friends (don't know their screen names here) to run at least the half next year. Can I do it? Yes, with friends supporting me like they have so far. Such an encouraging and inspiring group of people.

I get the screen name Mufasa for a special reason. (my new friends know the funny story) Perhaps you'll see me next year at the event. Look for Mufasa!

Had a blast this weekend, too bad it went by too quickly.

You folks are great. Keep it up!
Parent - - By run4pancakes [us] Date 2013-05-22 5:53 PM
Yay!  Glad you joined up. :-) You will run it next year and I'm looking forward to hearing your race report around the fire.  :hug:

(I'm Dawn in real life) ;-)

Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa..... :laugh:
Parent - By Mufasa [us] Date 2013-05-23 10:58 AM
LOL! I'm getting excited about it! Any/all encouragement, tips/tricks are welcome!
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2013-05-22 8:01 PM
YAH Mufasa - so glad to have met you. Can't wait until next year when you'll be running with us.
Mufasa Mufasa Mufasa
Parent - By Mufasa [us] Date 2013-05-23 10:58 AM
Can't wait!! :) Doing the dance in my head right now.......Will probably make that my trademark move at the finish of the race! hahaha!
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2013-05-23 3:55 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mufasa!:grin::laugh: Please do stick around, if you dare.: pbbt:

And thanks for being such a wonderful part of this past weekend.:hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2013-05-24 10:20 AM
Thanks for volunteering!

(Some year I will do TA. I live on the other side of the continent.)

And welcome!
Parent - By trailheadgirl [us] Date 2013-05-25 1:27 AM
Some excuse that is!
Parent - By Mufasa [us] Date 2013-05-25 8:28 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Parent - By old turtle Date 2013-05-25 5:07 PM
A woman from another forum told me you said hello. Thanks. :happy:
Parent - - By trailheadgirl [us] Date 2013-05-25 1:31 AM
Moofahsahh!
You, my dear, were a true blessing at the TA.
Thank you SO SO SO SO much for letting me boss you around, for being an instant and
awesome new friend, for making one certain Cookie Monster a very happy monster, and
just for being so cool.
Love, hugs, and are the latest results up yet Trey,
trailheadgirl
xoxoxox
Parent - By Mufasa [us] Date 2013-05-25 8:29 AM
You are SO welcome! I had the time of my life this weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks for letting me get involved! You ROCK!
Up Topic Communities / Twisted Ankle / I volunteered!