Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / Nike run Free 5.0
- - By Oog Date 2013-11-11 7:34 PM
Now that I've deciphered the nike free # meanings, I'm thinking I might give these  whirl for my next show. I've used the Kinvara for a bout 4 pr, in-between tests pairs from the swoosh.

RW is have a decent sale now.

Anything I should think about in getting this shoe. I'm looking at the 5.0 ver - whatever.
Parent - - By jwd1113 Date 2013-11-12 9:54 AM
one thing i noticed when trying on different versions of the Free, it seemed that the upper volume decreased along with the cushion/thickness of the sole as the number dropped

i have some free "run"  that are '7.0'  very cushioned and very wide in the toe box - they're my gym shoes. 

i tried on some 5.0's and they were snug, but not too tight.  tried on some 4.0's and they were very tight/ very much lower volume.  less room in the midfoot and drastically less room in the forefoot/toe box...

just from try-ons, the kinvara, soft as it is, is more structured-feeling under foot than the free.
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) [us] Date 2013-11-12 10:02 AM
I can't even find 7.0s on their website anymore for running. Seems their "running" frees top out at 5.0.
Parent - By jwd1113 Date 2013-11-12 10:39 AM
i got these well over a year ago at a Nike outlet and they were probably the prior year's model, so they might be 2011's or even 2010 models... and they were less than $50

i was recently in a Nike outlet and didn't see anything more than 5.0's
Parent - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) [us] Date 2013-11-12 10:03 AM
I like Free Runs to just bum around in. Need more support for a running shoe. The nice thing with the free run/5.0 is the detached tongue. I found the full slipper feel to be too tight and too awkward feeling.
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / Nike run Free 5.0