Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / I think I've finally cycled off of the Lunar series...
- - By orbitboy (I dont even have an appendage!) Date 2014-01-31 9:49 AM
Looking back, my favorite was the LG2, I think. However, I've headed full-throttle back to Air. After being such a huge fan of Nike Air technology from its inception, I think it's amazing that I was so willing to adopt the Lunar stuff so easily and for so long. However, I have now made a serious move back to Air after buying two pair of Zoom Elite 6s this past month. Found one pair at an outlet store for $52 (red/gray colorway) a few weeks ago, and another for $55 (Lime/Black/Blue) at Nordstrom Rack yesterday. Love the fit and the firm, responisve ride. I'm happy. :grin:

There is your January 2014 shoe geek update. :cool:
Parent - - By darbycrash Date 2014-01-31 12:43 PM
I went from the Zoom Elite to the Pegasus and was very happy...until I bought a pair of Brooks Ghost 5 on clearance and am now in LOVE with them. 

Pegs are over, they feel too soft now. Elites are over, they feel too firm. Ghost=just right.
Parent - By orbitboy (I dont even have an appendage!) Date 2014-02-04 3:25 PM
I've been tempted to buy the last few iterations of the Pegasus. I also almost bought a pair of Vomero 8s but bought those Zoom Elites instead. The Vomero was firmer than I would have expected, and was at the same low price point as the Zoom Elite.
Parent - - By jwd1113 Date 2014-01-31 3:30 PM
i loved the Zoom Elite circa 1993 - 1995....

tried on the recent versions and like many Nike shoes, they're too narrow in the toe box for me.

but i loved the LG 1 and now i love the LG 4 (skipping the first set of lace connections {in fact i cut them out} lets my forefoot fit reasonably well in them)
Parent - By orbitboy (I dont even have an appendage!) Date 2014-02-04 3:27 PM
I find the Zoom Elite to have a pretty roomy toe box for my foot. There's a few different Nike's that I've had to move up in size for in the last few years, but not the Zoom Elite. It is a little narrow in the forefoot, but not too much so for me. I've noticed over the years that the the performance trainer type shoes they design a bit on the narrow side, for whatever reason.
Parent - By keithlong_nm (elite kenyan) [us] Date 2014-02-05 7:56 AM
I actually like all of the shoes mentioned here.  I ran in 4 versions of the Lunar Glide, and liked them, but they seem to fitter tighter and tighter with each version so I have given them up for now.  I like the Zoom Elite pretty well, and have had 3 versions of the Peg in the past couple years.  Running in both the Peg 29 and the Ghost 5 right now and like them both.  Ghost is definitely firmer, but both shoes work for me.
Parent - - By Oog Date 2014-02-05 2:47 PM
Don't tell my testing person...but I am firmly in the Saucony camp. I've tried every version of the Kinvara since it came out. The newest version (not out yet) but tested is a great improvement.

Recently I bought some Mirage3 and they are turning out to be a great show.

I'll probably give the zero drop shoes a go next.

Nike's seem really clunky to me.
Parent - By keithlong_nm (elite kenyan) [us] Date 2014-02-06 7:23 AM
Ran in the Mirage 2 last year and liked it a lot. 
Parent - - By orbitboy (I dont even have an appendage!) Date 2014-02-08 8:04 AM
I just haven't found another brand that fits my foot as well as Nike does.
Parent - - By Oog Date 2014-02-10 9:56 AM
Me too. Of all the shoe brands Nikes fit my feet the best. However, fit is only a part of it. My last pair of test shoes caused an injury. Other test shies haven't been good other than fit.
Parent - - By orbitboy (I dont even have an appendage!) Date 2014-02-17 9:44 PM
I thought the same thing, too. It took me a few months to realize it wasn't the shoes, though.
Parent - - By Oog Date 2014-02-17 10:52 PM
In my case it was the shoes...they cut short the test because so many people were having issues.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2014-02-18 9:20 AM
Ouch.

I liked the first Lunar Glides (had three pairs, two free from Nike and a pair that I bought) and first Lunar Eclipses (one pair free from Nike and one pair that I bought). I hated the LunarFly 3 and have been very unimpressed with other Lunar shoes that I've tried on.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2014-02-17 1:01 PM
:shocker!:

I'm leaning that way too. My current rotation has 0 Nikes and 2 Sauconys.

There's really nothing in Nike's line up right now that has me super pumped.
Parent - By Oog Date 2014-02-17 10:51 PM
I'll let you know how the Virratas are.
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / I think I've finally cycled off of the Lunar series...