Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / GPS Apps: mapmyrun, strava, runkeeper, or whatever
- By neustkg (Important) Date 2014-09-25 6:42 PM
I've been using mapmyrun+ (free version) for Android for about a year now and like it.  Used to use Garmin 205, but I figured since I use Pandora while I run, it would be easier to use one device.  The mile announcements are nice to have (I always missed the mile beeps on the Garmin).  But I was wondering if there is an app that would allow you to set 1/4 mile split announcements?  I also wanted something with large displayed numbers since I need reading glasses to see what was on the screen with mapmyrun (no way I'll run with reading glasses).

I decided to download Strava and Runkeeper (I noticed online that someone was able to set 1/4 splits with Runkeeper, but no detail on how).  I really liked Strava since the display items (distance, time, pace) were very large and were dark symbols on white background.  Runkeeper was OK, too.  But there is a bit of a delay when you try to bring up Strava and Runkeeper to stop the timer when the run is over.

Anyone try different apps and if so, what do you like about them?  Can you set split distances shorter than one mile?
Up Topic General / Shoes and Gear / GPS Apps: mapmyrun, strava, runkeeper, or whatever