Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Trail and Ultra Running / Blues Cruise 50k Reading Pa.
- - By Ron274 [us] Date 2014-11-05 10:05 AM
Nothing going on in this forum so I thought I would pop in from Masters, my usual haunt, and mention the Blues Cruse 50k from Oct. 5th in Reading Pa. This was my 4th Ultra and after a disappointing showing at the Green Monster 50k last Oct. I wanted better from this one. The course is a circular route around Blue March Lake area. A moderately difficult course with a lot of flat, run around the corn fields terrain and just enough up hill ( and down ) to challenge the legs. I had a target time of 7:40,  ( my best 50k 7:16 ) but I think I was a little too cautious and some ITB issues slowed the pace considerably. Finish time 8:16:00. But hey, any Ultra finish is a good one. Right?
The race was very well managed and all aid stations were fully stocked and staffed by Ulta runners who took care of your every need. Definitely a keeper race.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2014-11-05 3:01 PM
Hey Ron!! Just happened to notice a new post out here. I run around that lake several times a year in training so I know that course very well. The Pacers to a good job with this one. Good to see you running so well to complete a distance like this. Congrats! :cool:
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2014-11-05 5:24 PM
Hi Dave! Thanks. What a beautiful area up there. Hope all is well with you.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2014-11-11 12:00 PM
i ran that race a couple of years ago because it fell on my birthday. it was a fun birthday run and i would not mind going back sometime.

good job!
Up Topic Training / Trail and Ultra Running / Blues Cruise 50k Reading Pa.