Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Tick it off TUESDAILY
- - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-05-16 8:16 AM
Are you a fan of to-do lists and the joy of ticking things off the list? Do you have something on the list you are dreading to do? So give us your ticked off items for today, and your run/workout/food/drink blather.

Bonus: Anything or anybody tick you off recently?
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-05-16 8:33 AM
I tend to make lists when I feel overwhelmed or have several things I've been putting off. Writing it down enforces the need for me to get with it and take action. I've ticked a few things off this morning, scheduling more mulch to be delivered, sending out the signed contract for roof/fascia repair, but I am dreading calling the state of PA to discuss a tax/audit question. I have all the facts now but I know it's going to be an painful call to get my point across and it may end up in my bonus later today, though I am likely to procrastinate one more day. Workwise I have a few builds to tick off today to prepare for testing event.

Workout: Plan is 8-10 tonight on the trails at Birdsboro Watershed. Last night was about 8 miles on the trails of Warwick Park. Weird run for some reason. I felt off, but wasn't that slow.

Blather: I am starting up the final 2.5 week push to Mohican, though will not run a real long run this week. Plan is to get in a partial night run on the trails, perhaps Thursday night, and several double digit runs. I can't believe the race is only 5 weeks away. I don't feel in shape, but my last race indicated my endurance is pretty solid. I just need to keep that in mind, and not compare this training cycle to last year's.

Bonus: I am pretty easy going, and outside of politicians rarely ticked off.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-05-16 9:41 AM
I am confident your endurance is in a very good place.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-05-16 10:47 AM
the politicians are a pretty big area of being ticked off right now.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-05-16 11:45 AM
Based on your other race, seems like you should be good on the endurance stuff.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-05-16 9:23 AM
I've occasionally kept to-do lists since I retired.  Had a lot of them before that!  Today's ticked items are; swim and buy a hanging plant hanger for the hanging plant our DD gave DW for Mother's Day.  Remaining are; actually attach the hanger to a fence post and cut the grass.

Workout was swimming 1200 meters (200 kick, 1000 free).  One of the PTs at the pool (I swam at our "sister" gym this morning since "our" pool in a couple of weeks in to an at least one-month reno) was giving someone a swim lesson in an adjacent lane and we briefly discussed doing a bike ride during the week sometime (I know her from tri club).  Not sure our schedules will let that pan out but it's always nice not to ride solo.

Post swim chocolate milk and planning on lunch after hanging the hanger.

Bonus:  The %*%*^$%ING birds in the oak tree on our front lawn/partly above the driveway keep shitting on our car! :mutmad:   This morning it was all over the windshield & a door handle :mutmad::mutmad:  I may have this tree cut down yet!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-05-16 9:42 AM
You better pace yourself with that to-do list!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-05-16 10:24 AM
:laugh:  1 of 2 done and I'm moving out on the grass after I surf here for a bit.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-05-16 10:47 AM
this is definitely bird shitting season in my neighborhood too. :mutmad:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-05-16 11:45 AM
Nice swim. It's definitely nice to have company for bike rides, and a big help with safety as well.
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2017-05-16 11:49 AM
Have you tried hanging mylar strips in the tree (rolls of mylar are sold as woodpecker deterrents).  Depending on the birds, the noise and reflection of sunlight might be enough to dissuade the birds from hanging out in that tree.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-05-16 10:06 AM
I operate most efficiently at work when I have a list and I have certain ways of prioritizing my list.  Each day before I leave the office, I try to make a list of what needs to be accomplished the next day.  If it is a really high priority, then I also place a sticky note(s) on my computer screen in an attempt to make sure I do these tasks first.  More often than not, other priorities pop up when I check my email when I get up in the morning and the other several times I check before I get to the office.  Sometimes, I "check off" the early morning additions off the list before I leave the house. 

10 miles this morning, the first 4.5 were tempo as one of the blondes just reached my house when I stepped outside at 5:15......no warm-up for me!  Once I dropped her at her house, I headed to some hills and ran at a much more relaxed pace.  Banana/PB smoothie this morning.

Blather:  The boy decided to audition for next year's HS show choir and the first round of auditions was yesterday.  He decided to sing Zac Brown's "Colder Weather" as that is his "go-to" song.  He had an instrumental version on his phone and had that playing while he sang it but apparently, did not notice his phone was about to die.  The music cut out halfway during the song.  I asked him what happened and he told me he just kept singing and didn't miss a beat.  (Which is what I expected after five years of voice lessons and choir 3-4 days a week.) He said his "audience", which were the graduating seniors in show choir and his choir teacher applauded his effort, during the song when he kept singing.  Nine of fifteen boys who auditioned got a callback and he was one of them, six will make it.  (Apparently over 60 girls auditioned!:shocker!:)  The final cut will be made after a 2-3 hour dance audition on Thursday.  Sadly, he dances like the WHITEST, white-boy in the world and I am not sure he can overcome his awkwardness and lack of grace.  We can only hope three boys are even worse than he is.....

BONUS:  I was actually ticked off at one of my running partners this morning.  Her elderly mother lives about 90 minutes away and my friend didn't visit her on Mother's Day as she "hates the drive".  As someone who is still getting used to Mother's Day with a dead mother, I was very irritated about this situation.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-05-16 10:49 AM
I hope he gets into the show choir! Good for him just keeping going when he lost his music

If my mom lived 90 minutes away, I would see her for Mother's day. Does she have a sibling who was able to be with her?
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-05-16 11:34 AM
Does she see maybe her mom often during the year? It's a made up day after all, and if the relationship year round is not good then why make a pretense for a commercialized holiday and if it is good then a made up holiday is irrelevant. My 02 cents. My mom rolls her eyes at the idea of Mother's day, of course it wasn't something that was celebrated in India when i was growing up. It's apparently a thing now, since commercial interests have figured out how lucrative it is. Call me cynical. :p
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-05-16 4:06 PM
Good luck to blazerboy! :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-05-17 11:07 AM
Fingers crossed for BB!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-05-16 10:46 AM
I like lists. If I write something on a list, especially something I am dreading, I am more likely to do it.

I was off from work yesterday, but I knew today would be busy (Back to back calls) so I actually took care of many of my 'to do' tasks last night after N went to bed.

Run was 7 miles on the TM. Since R is out of town and I am swamped w meetings that is all I could do, and I was off from running yesterday and sunday, so really needed a run

food so far-avocado toast and cherries. Salad for lunch.
drink-coffee and water

blather-N and my trip to NY was really fabulous. East coast people know the weather Saturday sucked, but we went bowling w my SIL and nephews, sister and her BF and my mom. Just such a fun activity with a range of ages.
Sunday I spectated at my stepdad's 4 mile race in central park, then we came back to the park with N to do the remote control sailboats. I have never done that before, but it is really cool and it was a perfect day for it, a little bit breezy.
After lunch we headed over to see "Come From Away". N and I have been listening to it and she dressed as her favorite character, a pilot. The show was amazing and then we stayed by the stage door to get signatures. The actors all loved seeing N in her costume, when the woman who plays the pilot came out she was so excited to see N, she actually teared up and took a selfie with her that she tweeted. A really great first Broadway experience for my kiddo.

Bonus people tick me off all the time. Recently-a guy I work with who, when he got my OOO yesterday started texting me that his problem was 'very urgent'
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-05-16 11:36 AM
Sounds like a really nice weekend with family despite the weather.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2017-05-16 12:45 PM
That is a great first Broadway experience for N. I would think that Dallas would be on a good rotation for some of the touring shows. It's not quite the same, but still great entertainment.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-05-16 5:07 PM
I loved the pic of N in her outfit with the actors!:hug:
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2017-05-16 11:15 AM
1.)  Compose a reply to the Marathon Dailies thread
2.)  Post said reply
3.)  Go out for a run
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-05-16 11:41 AM
Cool you are almost done with your list. :laugh: Don't try walking on water....
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2017-05-16 11:46 AM
:laugh:  No Jesus complex here.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-05-16 11:41 AM
I do like lists. I am not obsessive about them, but it keeps things from falling through the cracks. Today's list, nothing I am dreading, well there was one thing that was boring, but I've sent it out already so I am good.

Will bike later today.
Food: Fried rice for lunch.

Bonus: Someone I personally know? No. Someone in the news. Oh goodness yes.  :roll:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2017-05-16 12:43 PM
I'm married to a person who cannot function without lists so I've had to get used to them. Sad to say, but it has been helpful as I have gotten older.

We are getting the landscaping done in the backyard this week and that's a nice thing to get checked off the list. This Thursday will mark one year in the new house and there are still quite a few things left on the list to be completed.

Checked off a 10 mile run this morning. We have a local half marathon this Saturday that we will be running so it was good prep for that.

Bonus: You really have to go out of your way to tick me off, and I can't recall anything recently besides crazy drivers that have gotten on my nerves.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-05-16 1:14 PM
I LOVE to-do lists! I have them on my phone and on paper. I like the paper ones better. No items on my current list that I'm dreading, everything I have on my list right now has to do with packing and getting ready for my race this weekend. Heading to the running store for more gels after work.

Run: I got up to run 3 miles this morning but my foot pain was back so I bagged it.
Food/drink: carb loading and lots of water
Blather: in NYC for work today, it's a beautiful day! :cool:

Bonus: work messed up a direct deposit so I am missing $1500 right now :mutmad:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-05-16 5:04 PM
$1500!! I'd be so pissed!:shocker!:

Have you been wearing lace-up shoes to work?
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-05-16 4:30 PM
To-do lists are a basic necessity my life, but I'm rarely organized enough to make them.:blush: I made a list last Saturday, and accomplished all the chores on the list that day, which is a rare pleasure! Some mornings I make a list of the important things concerning the kids, like checking on due dates for Harry's college and Isabella's summer program for things like tuition or dorm applications, or people/offices I have to call for them, like doctors and such. I don't put the stuff I dread on the list, so I can always put it off if I want.: pbbt: Two things I must do but I'm dreading: 1) clean up the ant infestation I have around my kitchen sink, and 2) find the source of the fly infestation we have right now which is probably a dead animal somewhere in or near the house.:cry: Things that I can tick off are 1) running (always on the list even if it's not written down), 2) dishes 3) laundry 4) wiping down kitchen counters.

8.5 miles this morning, making up for the short run yesterday. It was really beautiful out this morning!:cool: After that, I walked my dogs before going out to walk my work dogs. Philip made Penne ala vodka for dinner.:hug: Drink: I need one tonight, I think I'll have an Exit 4 Trippel while I watch the Flash tonight. Blather: The news has been reporting that a new type of virulent illness spread by deer ticks is on the rise, and the deer tick population will be enormous this year. Start wearing knee socks on the trail, XT!

Bonus: Why yes, but this is a weekday ending in Y.: pbbt: Today, I rushed to get home to take Isabella to the dermatologist, but ended up canceling because I forgot to get a referral from my PCP. That put me in a mood, because I don't understand why I can't just go straight to the derm for something which the doctor has seen her for in the past, instead of going to the PCP and paying $40 so the doc can sign off on a referral, after he barely looks at her.:wtf: But I concede this is a battle I will not win, so now I have to schedule two appointments.:roll:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Tick it off TUESDAILY