Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Doneday 5/24
- - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-24 5:48 AM
Middle of a short week!

What ya got?

QOTD: Weekend plans?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-24 6:14 AM
Good morning!

It is a beautiful cool morning here -- 53 degrees.  It will be great for our morning walk!

I have nothing other than a broken heart.  My little brother and his wife of 26 years are separated.  She was having an affair.  Don't know what the plans are (reconciliation, counseling?), but I am just crushed.

QOTD -- nothing much. I bought some plants that need to be planted.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-05-24 7:20 AM
That's very difficult!:sad:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-24 8:13 AM
I'm sorry:cry:  I hope they can move past it and try again.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-24 10:52 AM
Thanks -- it is very hard.  I only hope for the best outcome for both.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-05-24 7:16 AM
My first day of summer break.  I got up at 4:30, ran 8 miles.  Ate breakfast then cut the grass.  It's raining now and supposed to rain the rest of the week so I wanted to get the grass cut before it rained.  I made it.

My niece is graduating high school Saturday so we are going to her graduation.  She will be running CC this fall for Morehead State U. on scholarship.

I see a nap sometime today.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-24 8:14 AM
pretty typical day in Moose-land.  Congratulations to your niece - scholarship has such a nice ring to it.$$$$$
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-05-24 7:32 AM
Ran 3 this morning.  Thinking about quitting work and living in a box on the sidewalk. There is no homeless (on the street anyway) in Barboursville, so there would be no competition.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-05-24 7:56 AM
if i am driving thru your town and see you in a box, I will chuck some change your way.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-24 8:21 AM
Sorry about work Dave.:sad:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-05-24 8:00 AM
ran 8.04 miles this morning. finished the run at the garage and picked up sam's van and its new $800 brakes.
will need new Ball Joints soon...ouch.

Babz' college graduation ceremony tomorrow.

Pool opens Saturday so kids will spend most of the weekend at the pool. Parade in town Saturday morning.

Like Dave, I too would like to quit this job. It's driving me nuts.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-24 8:22 AM
.04 to beat out Moose huh?   Congrats to Babz.  Sorry about your job too Rob. :sad:  Maybe though with all those kids of yours with college behind them you can sit back with your feet up and let them support you.  Or you could always go partners with Diego in the pool boy business.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-24 8:20 AM
I'm confused.  Why is it a short week? 

It rained all afternoon yesterday but cleared up nicely for the time trial.  We only had 8 or so run though.:sad:  Usually 30 of us but a lot come from out of town and I don't suppose they wanted to drive over with the weather so iffy.   I ran my heart out but everytime I looked at my watch I was going slower and slower and slower.  Combo of humidity and crap eating will do that to you.  No one PR'd so there's that at least. 

Yoga today.  Still wearing sweatshirts.  Still running the furnace.  Might crochet some sweaters for my flower pots.....:roll:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-05-24 9:33 AM
So far 2100 of a 2600 yards swim. This morning I decided to leave the kids home on a trial basis and I said I would take my phone into the pool area and leave it at the end of the deck with the volume on. I realized when I was at about 1900 that I forgot the phone IN THE CAR :badmomawardgoestome: So I finished the set I was on (it was a 300) and then scurried my arse out and got dressed and hoofed it to the car to find all was well : pbbt::laugh: Eh, now I know I can do it and all will be well. Later today I have to run for 45 minutes. I am not sure if I should do it on the TM since they've been left alone already today or if I should run outside. Gah.

QTOD: Long ride brick workout Sat and a long run then ride on Sun. Nothing exciting.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Doneday 5/24