Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Outstanding Thursday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [pl] Date 2017-05-25 2:40 AM
Good morning from Poland.  Put em up?

QOTD:   When  you travel do you stand out from the crowd?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [pl] Date 2017-05-25 2:45 AM
Walked a bazillion miles in the rain around Warsaw yesterday.   Today is sunny.  Heading back west to Wolsztyn todat.

I could not figure why everybody immediately spoke in English to me.  I had on plain T shirts, no visible symbols.  Then it occurred to me...Grey Beard.   I have not seen Polish men with beards.  

Tom in PL
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 5:51 AM
:cool: I wonder why no beards? seems to be the rage these days
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-25 9:17 AM
Hope your feet are treating you right!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-25 4:38 AM
Good morning Tom!

QOTD -- no I don't think I stand out in the crowd.

So now remind me what is your itinerary?  Will you be sight seeing for a few days?

Nothing much here -- still recovering from jet lag.  I will walk later on with my friend and today we will have coffee after our walk.  Which means we will probably sit and talk for about 2 hours!

Have a fun Thursday!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 5:51 AM
enjoy that walk
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-25 9:17 AM
perfect day.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 5:52 AM
run today. rainy run.

short week: for the  holiday. my kids are off tomorrow and monday

last mentor meeting today. I'll miss my 4th grader.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-25 5:59 AM
I didn't realize you were mentoring. That is such a good use of time and so valuable to the student.  Thanks for lending a hand.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:29 PM
yep. I've done it for years. very fun. very interesting.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-25 9:18 AM
kids home!  What will they be doing to entertain you?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:30 PM
:laugh: my neighbor who mows my lawn? has a beach house. :hug::laugh::cool:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-05-25 6:12 AM
It's a wet morning from a lot of rain yesterday.  A very light drizzle was in the air as I ran 8 miles this morning. 

QOTD:  My sometimes strong Kentucky southern accent gives me away.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-25 9:18 AM
I'm tired of the rain.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:30 PM
word
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-25 6:53 AM
Lots of Doctor visits yesterday.

Lots of rain today. Hopefully it will let up and let me get some kind of exercise.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-25 9:19 AM
I hope some of those doctor visits brought good news.:hug:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:31 PM
I hope so too
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:56 PM
Thanks, Ladies. As always "One more test".
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-25 1:43 PM
I too am praying that the visits all have good results.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:37 PM
2.69 miles walk/run in 40:49

Took a different, goose-free route today :laugh:, but it is a good deal more hilly. I enjoyed the exercise in spite of the 400% humidity.

Mark.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-25 1:45 PM
We have been having unbelievable weather -- cool and little to no humidity!  Sat outside and drank our coffee after our walk and it felt great.  My friend had a muffin with her coffee and I had a kolache.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-25 4:04 PM
I have to admit, I had to google kolache. Now I want one.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-25 6:18 PM
Mine was a cheese/sausage one.  The bakery makes its own bread so it was very delicious!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-25 9:26 AM
Hey Poland!  Thanks for the food pictures on Facebook.  I love living vicariously.

I woke up with the worst case of the blues I can remember.  I didn't even feel like walking the dog but duty called.  Went back to bed for awhile and then took the Bodysculpt class.  Now I'm back to normal.  The power of exercise..:happy::happy:  My quads are jelly.  Tomorrow's run should be interesting!

QOTD- I don't think I personally stand out but it sure is easy to spot the Americans!  I think our girth and our footwear give us away:laugh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:31 PM
I'm sorry you were sad today. annd that's what I do. go for a  short run.always feel better
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-25 6:18 PM
I don't like for our Dawn to be sad -- you are the one that is always cheering us onward and upward!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-05-25 10:34 AM
When I was in Japan I think I stood out. Even without a beard.

I took the morning off work.  I went to the eye doctor for a routine visit, then the gym, then the mall, and then Qdoba for lunch.  Got myself a pair of pants and a belt from Old Navy and a gift card to Books a Million for a friend who is having a surprise birthday party tomorrow.

Where my right eye had an issue back around Easter it is still a sore spot. They took some pictures of the area so if I had more problems they can compare and see if anything is changing.  Close up vision is unchanged but distance vision is now going down.  I passed my last drivers license exam (2 years ago) without glasses but I don't think I could anymore.  I always wear my (progressive lens) glasses when I drive because they help, but pretty soon I probably will have to wear them for safety.  I am getting a new pair of glasses made with stronger distance vision.  Nothing flashy or fancy, but progressive lenses with non-glare coating still put me back $400, and that is with insurance.  There will probably be a separate medical bill for the eye pictures but that will take a while to make it through the system.

On the beard issue, I have a little quirk in my personality where I don't like people with a goatee.  It is an initial reaction to them that I can overcome.  But it is strange.  The worst part of a beard is the part around the nose and mouth.  It is tough to keep clean when eating and sneezing.  I don't get why someone would purposely grow facial hair in just those spots.  Plus I think it gives men a sinister look. Anyway, that is my confession of the day.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-25 12:33 PM
I'm sorry about your eye. and my goatee.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-25 4:05 PM
The mind wanders to strange places.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-05-29 7:13 AM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Outstanding Thursday