Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, May 27, 2017
- - By rungear [us] Date 2017-05-27 8:31 AM
Memorial Day Weekend. Any special plans, If so, whatcha doing?
I am just hanging around town, and some family gatherings.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2017-05-27 8:37 AM
I will do a couple of 5 mile hikes.  And on Sunday I will meet a couple of friends we are learning to use our Garmin GPS Trackers as part of our training with 'Search And Rescue' - with EBRP.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-27 8:51 AM
Good morning!

I did my morning PW with my friend and later on we are meeting my husband's sister for dinner.  It is humid today.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-27 9:07 AM
I was actually dressed for the day early today.  Usually I wear whatever is lying on the closet floor until after my chores and workout is done.  Unfortunately my neighbor with the 2 yellow labs came over to play with Misha in our mudhole of a backyard.:sad:  The yard is trashed, my pants are soaked with dog slobber and my pale yellow sweater is pure mud.

Gonna do yoga and take my mind off of it.  And get cleaned up again for the day.  I have 1 large box and 3 bags ready to go to Goodwill though so the morning has not been a total wreck.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-05-27 6:03 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Darn dogs.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-27 6:12 PM
It's only Ten O'clock and the day has already gone to the dogs.

That is either a blues or country song.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-27 8:06 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-05-27 9:16 AM
I got out for an hour run this morning. 

I checked outside first - a little cloudy.
I looked at the forecast - 0% chance of rain.
I looked at the radar - all clear.

Then I backed my car out of garage and it was pouring huge drops of rain.  I refused to believe it was raining so I drove 2 miles over to the park where it was dry as can be.  So I got my run in with no weather issues.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-27 9:31 AM
4.31 miles run/walk in 1:04:21.

Plan was to walk the ups and run the downs and flats. Didn't really mean to go this far. I thought I remembered this route at being just a bit under 4 miles. Oh, well.

IF the weather holds, I fire up the firepit tonight for hotdogs and smores. Monday DW and DD2 will be participating in the parade at a near by town along with the masters and other members of our TKD dojang.

Now I need to get off my fanny and get the shopping done.

Mark.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-27 6:10 PM
Well, the weather didn't cooperate so we had to settle for oven-fried chicken. Will try the fire pit again tomorrow.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-05-27 12:19 PM
2:30 (40 + mile bike) followed by a run for a brick. The bike for the first 2 hours was fine, though I was surprised as I thought I'd have GI issues and thus stayed in on the trainer. The last 30 which were supposed to be harder I couldn't maintain pacing because the kids kept bugging me and I can't hear well over the trainer, the dogs wanted out, I need the bathroom for the GI issues) but I did get the ride done. Immediately got ready for what was supposed to be  a 40 min run and cut it short at 23 minutes because my legs (from hip to toe) were tightening  up. I kept stopping  to stretch  which helped but  then it got tighter when I'd start running  again. So just bailed on it.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-27 12:55 PM
:sad:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-05-27 3:35 PM
I slept after working last night. Woke up and posted one of my homework assignments. Now getting ready for work. I'm off tomorrow and it's going to be pretty out so I'll get in a longish run and walk afterward. I may put on the wetsuit and practice a short swim first to get in a mini brick workout in. :laugh: The island is full- nice to see everyone but I do miss having our own private paradise.

:grin:
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-05-27 6:05 PM
Got my hair fixed. Planted vinca and impatiens. Walked doggie dear. No run today, had some bad calf cramps and calves all sore.. too much sitting at work!

Will run tomorrow. Planning on a 5k on Saturday with Fast Friend.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-27 6:22 PM
Our azaleas busted out in bloom yesterday. Almost a week later than everyone else' in the subdivision.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, May 27, 2017