Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Wonderful Weekend
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 11:06 AM
What's making this weekend wonderful for you?

good luck to all the racers!

Post!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-05-28 1:00 PM
Hi PT! My weekend started today (Sunday), since I worked most of yesterday- lots of people away. But today has been awesome so far, fantastic weather, great run this morning, walked the dogs with Philip and we stopped at the dog park to play with a vizsla puppy.:hug: Getting some house stuff done before Philip and I go see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and then go to dinner at a fave local spot. Wow, a real date!:grin:

10 miles this morning, did the first 4 with a friend and her golden doodle, Beau. Weasley did not join us, as he sleeps in on Sundays.:roll: Blather: The Buffalo Marathon was this morning. I used to always be up there for either the full or the half. I miss being up there today. But I've decided that next year will definitely be the year I go back.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 3:23 PM
i've not been able to do any of the shorter local races around here and i'm really missing them! I have similar plans.  :happy:

Weasley seems very sensible. :laugh:
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-05-28 1:28 PM
I'm not working!:grin::grin:

Just relaxing this weekend. It is supposed to rain later today, but I am enjoying the mild temps and lack of humidity.

4 mile run this AM.

Plan to grill later.

Have a great weekend!:happy:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 3:21 PM
:grin::grin:

happy grilling!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-05-28 3:07 PM
My last long run is done (30 yesterday!).

The mulch pile is gone (I wrapped it up Friday).

I went into the hottub today, had a couple Belgian Ales, and promptly took a nap (just woke up).

Now SirB needs his walk and then it will be time to grill tenderloins.

Good wonderful things.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 3:21 PM
it's a good day for a nap. me too!  :grin:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 3:20 PM
it's been a wonderful weekend so far. surprise!  :laugh::roll:: pbbt: Very warm temps for here (hottest memorial day holiday ever according to local news) and it's been pretty pleasant in the low 80s.

I didn't have a lot of running planned and have honestly felt too tired even for that so did just 9 yesterday and 8 this morning. of the 8 this morning, 7 was with a friend. good enough. Tomorrow morning we'll drive out to a different course so DH can bike and I can get in a workout. It's been great to sleep in each day plus finally get a chance to get out into the garden. It's really too warm to work out there too long which is perfect.  :wink:

DH's dad has been struggling this week. he does see a neurologist and has for the past couple of years and receives ivig treatment. within the last couple days he has been unable to walk unassisted. he's late for his treatment (that's tuesday) and has been super stressed, anxious and angry/confused over the house selling process. :sad::cry: so they've been lying low this weekend and just taking care of little things with the help of their other son who lives across the street. the nice thing for us is that DH has been home this weekend and it's been really nice puttering around in the garden etc. We watched Arrival last night which we really liked! Still it's stressful with that going on and they are reaching out the the neurologist this weekend. we've been trying to remind them to make sure he is drinking and eating enough which can be a problem (he's 83) and wondering how much the stress of it all is playing out too.

Oh AND the neighbors are fostering 6 (6!!) kittens! So we've been going over their to hang out with them to help socialize them. They were very skittish when they first got them Tuesday but each day are doing better and better. And they are hilarious. :hug:

i know someone doing the brazil ironman. :shocker!: he's out on teh run now. i think the tracker is probably delayed like usual. :roll:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-05-28 4:15 PM
The Britt who won the Ironman in Brazil broke the record!  7:40!!!!! :shocker!:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 6:51 PM
i saw that! :shocker!:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-05-29 4:59 AM
That record is only for the Ironman branded races not the distance. The record is a 7:35 at one of the Challenge races. Still Tim Don was outstanding!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-05-28 4:28 PM
Technically it's a 5 day weekend...Fri - Tue...for me! :laugh:

I went to the lake for an OWS yesterday.  Water temps were in the 63-65 range and colder in spots since it's an underground stream fed lake.  However, the biggest issue was my wetsuit :sad:  I bought it ~5 years ago when I was 10-12 lbs lighter :cry:  and it was pretty snug in the upper torso then.  Hadn't used it in 2 years and I had all sorts of trouble being able to expand my chest to take in enough air with each breath :cry:  It was not a good omen for the sprint Tri I'm doing next Sunday with the swim in the Delaware Bay off Cape May, NJ.  I either needed to lose 10-12lbs in a week :roll: or get a larger size wetsuit.  DW had been asking what I want for my BD in June so I decided she could buy me a new wetsuit!  I managed to pick one up yesterday and then went back to the lake this morning and it was fine!  I noticed the difference right away and actually should have bought a large instead of a medium 5 years ago to begin with!  An added benefit, my old one is sleeveless & this one has sleeves so I won't be as cold next weekend!

Grilling chicken for dinner & there are tiny little droplets of moisture which I'm hoping don't turn into actual rain before the chicken is done!

Maybe I'll get an outdoor bike ride tomorrow or Tuesday, depends on if we have rain or not.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-05-28 6:52 PM
excellent plan for an early b-day present!
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Wonderful Weekend