Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / June Eve aka the Wednesdaily
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-31 5:34 AM
Is June-eve a thing?  It should be.  So long May.

What are you doing on the final day of the month?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-31 5:46 AM
Morning all.  I'm having something called Carmel Crunch coffee.  :shocker!:   actually I've got 1 spoon of it to 3 spoons of my regular stuff.  It's kind of good.  It was in the stash of groceries I brought home from Amy's pantry.  Never know what you'll find in your kids' apartment.

For our time trial last night we split into 4 groups; 11 minute milers, 10 mm, 9's and 8's.  Since it was our last night rather than going all out we tried for even splits.  As is the case in Illinois we had winds over 20mph.   Fun challenge.  Lee and I chose the 10mm group and ran 9:50, 9:55, 9:52, 9:49.  So we missed our goal but our splits were fairly even.  Pizza, chips, potato salad, and 7 platters of sweets for our post run party.   So more people brought food than is usually the case but we were a little heavy on the sweets!

Today I need to work on my core.  Not thrilled, but I will get it done.  We leave for Michigan tomorrow so for this final day of May I'm tying up loose ends, using up leftovers, making lists of what not to forget, and eyeing the forecast (rain for Friday Saturday and Sunday:sad:)    Dave - Minor Lake between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, east of Saugatuk.  Ever heard of it?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-05-31 6:23 AM
Good morning Dawn!

Have fun in Michigan!

Your coffee sounds tasty.  I am getting my hair done this morning and then I have a training meeting this evening.  I have signed up to do Alpha  (Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith and it runs all around the globe) this summer as my church is planning to offer it next year.  The actual course starts next Wednesday.  So for the next 10 weeks, you know where I will be!  I am really looking forward to it. 

We had a downpour yesterday and it did cause some damage south of us.  My brother lost several trees -- he lost some in last year's storm. 

Happy June eve to all!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-31 7:48 AM
I am jealous of your Alpha class.  We are in the doldrums here and can't get any good study times started.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-05-31 6:39 AM
Never heard of Saugatuk.  I didn't get over the west coast that often.  I ran one of my best half marathons ever in Kalamazoo and drove from there to Holland to do some site seeing so I came pretty close to it.  The half there was my PR for a number of years before I finally broke it on a crappy course in my hometown of Midland.  (Out and back on a perfectly straight and flat rail-trail).

Cindy left this morning for Crooked Lake in Farwell Michigan.  She'll be 2 hours northeast of you.  We have friends with a cabin on the lake and she'll be staying there.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-31 7:46 AM
We went to Saugatuk last year and it was way too touristy.   This year's selection appears to be quieter.  I'm all about quiet.  and a good cup of coffee on a lake.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-05-31 9:35 AM
I've heard of Saugatuk. We (mom and I) used to drive through on the way to Holland.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-05-31 6:50 AM
I've been solving some real brain teaser problems at work so I am mentally mush today.  After wasting an hour or more watching the local news and the weather channel I forced myself out to the park for a 3.05 mile run.  I planned to get through the 3 miles even if I walked most of it, but it turned out to be an ok run.  I would go fast, especially on the uphill parts and then walk a bit.  When I caught my breath, I would take off again.  Overall pace kind of sucked but I think I enjoyed it.

Now that the problems are resolved, I have 3 very tough projects at work that are all in the design phase.  I need to focus on one and get it figured out but the "noise" from the other work makes it hard to concentrate.  The projects involve different people and led by different project managers so they all want their project done first. 2 of them are just going to have to be disappointed.

In 2009 I switched from Runners World log books (free with subscription) to a spreadsheet to track my runs.  May was the only month where I was averaging over 100 miles over the last 8 years but now that has slipped to below 100.  By adding in 2 gym days I have lost a day or two a week of running so my mileage has dropped.  I should have tried harder to keep May totals up over 100.  Maybe next year I'll push it back up.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2017-05-31 7:47 AM
2.7 miles run in 37:01

Grey and overcast AGAIN! When did I move to Portland?

Today, I need to go to the optician and get my glasses fixed. I lost a screw a few months back and the replacement I used is quite the right size, so it keeps coming loose.

Also need to finish up the paper work to return to work. I'm beginning to think that HR people eat paper. Its the only explanation for the number of forms.

Mark.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-05-31 10:52 AM
I purposely woke up at 4:45 so I could get to the trail as soon as it got light.  I heard thunder and rain. WHAT?  I checked the weather app and it was pushing through quickly with sunshine all day.  I had cereal and coffee then went to the trail.  At one point of the run there was a brief and fairly hard shower, but I barely felt it under the trees.  It got a little darker in the woods too.  11.04 miles accomplished.

I'm sitting on my front porch enjoying the breeze and the day.  Thinking of cutting the grass.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-05-31 11:36 AM
:happy::happy:  as long as there's no lightning.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-05-31 12:43 PM
2500 yardsish (i say that because I may have accidentally shorted myself 50-150 yards) swim. And I just finished up a 5 mile tm run that was nice and steady. Resting a bit then I'm going to go mow the lawn.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / June Eve aka the Wednesdaily