Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / We don't want other countries laughing at us anymore
- - By JimGo1 Date 2017-06-01 6:47 PM
I don't really understand this - why does he think the world was laughing ?  Very strange man and even stranger to see the US lose its credibility and standing in the world.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-06-01 6:55 PM
Logic doesn't apply to him. He seems to have serious mental issues.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-01 8:21 PM
The world is laughing at us now.
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2017-06-01 9:10 PM
I suggest that the world is indeed  laughing at Trump and his supporters , and not the American people on the whole.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-06-02 4:16 AM
His ego is rather frail.
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-06-02 10:33 AM
Per Maggie Haberman of the NYT, whether someone is laughing at him is of paramount concern to him, though his perception of what makes people laugh at him/us is obviously distorted. Trump is at war with the world. I read a biographical detail about him last year: He was an excellent pull hitter in high school. Opposing teams would shift towards left field because of it. A sensible hitter would work on hitting to opposite field to take advantage of it, but Trump saw the shift as a challenge, and tried (and failed) to hit through it.

In many cases, I believe Trump makes decisions as an act of defiance of others' expectations and to assert his own dominance. To me, it explains why he consistently refuses to say anything critical of Russia. Putin could have overwhelming leverage with Trump, effectively making him his puppet, and he (Putin) would still understand Trump's strategic need to criticize Russia in public. It would allow Trump to do Putin's bidding with less public suspicion, yet he conspicuously avoids saying anything bad. I think this is an act of defiance, and his decision on the Paris Accord could be nothing more than him telling the world, "fuck you."
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-06-02 10:58 AM
In other words, he's a child.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-06-02 4:25 PM
Parent - By peaches [us] Date 2017-06-07 3:22 PM
Yes.
Parent - - By sideshowbob Date 2017-06-02 3:04 PM
This calls to mind the White House 2011 Correspondents' Dinner where Pres. Obama eviscerated Trump . Perhaps his actions are directed towards erasing Obama's legacy . As they say, don't get mad, get even
Parent - By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) Date 2017-06-02 3:27 PM
With the Paris Agreement and now talk of reversing on Cuba, my mind started going there too. It's a stretch but one can't help but wonder how much of his Agenda is about that and money. (And keeping the pee tape secret)
Parent - - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) Date 2017-06-02 3:48 PM
I think there's a lot to that, and he is joined in that effort by most of the elected GOP.

If Obama had invented the wheel, four months into the Trump administration we'd all be walking because cars would have square tires.
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2017-06-02 3:53 PM
:grin: Some time ago, there was the comment-- if Obama walked on water, the Reps would say that he can't swim .
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-12 4:50 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-12 5:13 PM
The baseball analogy is perfect. He pretty much tells everyone about everything, "Fuck you I'm hitting this out of the parkā€¦see, it just went out." Only his shrinking fanatical base believes that he got out of the infield or even that he made contact.

I forget who said it originally, but I think it was no less than Ted Williams to the effect that even with a shift, "You can't play me high enough." That is Trump in his own mind. Trump is no Williams, but thinks he is. We'll see how this plays out.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-06-02 3:59 PM
As a really awesome person with great opinions......I have never laughed at the USA.  I love them as our great neighbour to the south.  It's too bad this moron is running the show for you guys.  I agree you needed a change but not that change.  I love kindness for all human beings. :hug:
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-06-12 2:38 PM
My wife wants us to move to Alberta.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2017-06-12 4:46 PM
that's -30C all winter (they use the metric system too) :shocker!:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-06-12 10:59 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-06-13 2:38 PM
Well, we thought about Montana, too, but similar temps in the winter.  But big contrast just over the border, culture and healthcare-wise.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-06-14 8:27 PM
I'm not in Alberta anymore but that -30 if it happens is very brief.  Not sure where you live now but if you wait long enough and believe in climate change like scientists do (I know a lot of smart politicians deny it....but that might be motivated by $$$)...then by the time you move there, there may not be any -30 anymore!!! :hug:
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2017-06-12 4:19 PM
:hug::cool::hug:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-12 4:50 PM
:hug:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / We don't want other countries laughing at us anymore