Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Donut Friday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-02 6:08 AM
:blush:

Happy Donut Day!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-02 6:22 AM
--Donut or doughnut? : pbbt:

--Cat lady’s birthday today. She is 70. I think I’ll run by Starbucks this morning and grab her a speciality coffee and run it out to the nursing home. :happy:

--I guess our boys baseball team is playing in the state championship today. I’m completely indifferent to it all. :roll:

--We have over 30 volunteer tomato plants in the garden at home. Good thing, because the ones I planted look pitiful. We dug up about half of them and transplanted at the acres. We’ll get the rest when we get back.

--All that hard work growing all those cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower plants for nothing. The rain stunted their growth to the point they will never amount to anything. This year sucks for gardening. Angers me in a bad way. :mutmad:

--We still have running water alongside the garden at the acres. It’s a mess. Something like 40” already this year.

--Half marathon tomorrow is going to be hot. 66 for the low tonight, 88 for the high tomorrow. :cry: Not thrilled about that and not thrilled about running with 9,000 people. :cry::cry:

--I have a mosquito bite on the bottom of my foot. Have you any idea how irritating that is?

--I’m going to have a lot of lawn mowing to do when we get home Sunday.

--Iowa is putting our mailbox up today. He has no choice. I started mail forwarding on June 5th. : pbbt: Now, I have to start changing our address with everything else---utilities, credit cards, bank, insurance, etc.

--My 50 state award is supposed to arrive today. :grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-02 6:52 AM
that's nice of you to go visit her, I bet she will enjoy that!

That 1/2 weather sounds awful, yuck!  have you run much since NM?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-02 7:26 AM
I got her one of those mint mocha fraps or whatever. She was so thrilled. She had never had a specialty coffee drink before. It didn’t last long! :wink:

Iowa and I ran a little over 9 miles one day last weekend, then I’ve had a few 4-5 mile runs in there.  I’ll be fine. It’s only a half. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-02 9:40 AM
only a half :laugh:  I miss being able to say that

I've wanted to try that mint mocha thing but I haven't
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-02 7:07 AM
Your temps are a little worse than we are expecting, but I do have a 90% chance of rain and storms, so I get you out on the precipitation suck factor.  :meh:

Stay safe out there.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-02 7:24 AM
We have a 90% chance of a thunderstorm. I just don’t know when that chance is. I’d almost welcome the idea.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-02 6:38 AM
I opt for donut over doughnut but I'll eat either! I figured someone would bring some in to work but I guess not. I would have stopped somewhere but there isn't a donut place on my way to work

B slept almost 9 hours last night - hallelujah (ha, hallelujah was Indiana's most misspelled word according to that google chart the other day). I'm sure it was just a fluke and it was probably because he was a monster at day care but I will take it.

Even though I got more sleep last night than I have in months I'm still pretty tired today. Think I need a few good nights in a row to catch up

Supposed to have brunch with friends tomorrow and then go to a cook out for a 1 year old's birthday. I have a feeling B won't be happy being lugged around that much but we will see

Catching up a bit on work, still have tons to do but I feel a little better after knocking out a few projects
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-02 7:09 AM
Glad B slept well.  Here's hoping he'll string a couple good nights together.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Donut Friday RTTs