Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Better late than never Fridaily
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-02 2:57 PM
You know what to do! Happy Friday y'all! :grin:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-02 3:12 PM
I am killing the last few minutes at work by posting here. Yay! :grin:

Run/workout: I ended up running 3 miles last night since fiance and I planned to hit the gym to swim this morning. That plan changed when I went to bed late, took half an ambien because I was anxious/stressed and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, then still had trouble falling asleep, then woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. :cry: The 5:30 alarm just pissed me off, and I wasn't about to go swimming on very little sleep with an ambien hangover exacerbated by not sleeping, so I tried to get a bit more rest before starting my day instead. So today will be an USDO.

Food/drink: I'm making lemon chicken with stuffed mushrooms for dinner. Yum!

Blather: my banner day continued on my drive to work when someone nearly ran me off the road. :mutmad: This person tried to merge into my lane to take the exit and they didn't bother signaling or looking first and were coming directly into my car and I had to slam on my brakes and veer onto the shoulder to avoid him/her. I blared on my horn and he/she didn't even blink and kept coming into my lane, so when I got back into the lane I just kept blaring on my horn and gave them the NJ state bird, and still nothing. :mutmad: Fortunately my day has only gotten better since then!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-02 3:52 PM
Ugh.....asshat drivers are the worst!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-02 4:43 PM
:shocker!:  Mr. Met just lost his job for giving a fan the NJ state bird!  Tough to do when you only have 4 fingers :laugh:

Glad you avoided the idiot.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-02 4:01 PM
I was going to go to the boxing gym at 5:45 for Friday morning circuit training, but barely heard my alarm as I was sleeping so deeply, so I just turned it off and stayed in bed. We got a new mattress on Tuesday and man-o-man......that has made a HUGE difference in how. Have been sleeping! Or, maybe I am still whooped from Sunday's marathon and the fact I've been going to boxing class each day.:roll: Anyhoo, I slept another hour and ran an easy 3 miles before work.

Blather: We have some thunderstorms rolling through this evening which is a bit problematic as our HS has graduation in our outdoor football stadium tonight. Since there are about 1,600 graduates, they can't move it indoors. If there is lightening when it is supposed to start at 7:00, it gets pushed back til 9:00. If it is bad then, it is pushed back til 10:00 and then every three hours after that if conditions remain bad.....and it could.:meh: Blazerboy, who graduates next year, is hoping for a few delays. He is on the crew who film the ceremony which will be telecast on a local cable channel and on the Jumbotron in the stadium. This is a paying gig for him, so the longer it drags out, the more money he makes. I feel really bad for the families.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-02 4:58 PM
Our son's graduation was at the HS football stadium.  There were dark clouds, a threat of T storms & gusts of wind.  There were at least 3 places with open mics and they were all picking up the wind so it sounded like thunder over the PA system.  We have 2 public high schools in town.  Neither has an auditorium large enough for the graduates & guests so if moved indoors from  the outdoor stadium there were 3 tickets per graduate that could get their guests inside.  They have since moved graduation for both schools to Temple University's indoor arena 15 miles away in Philly :roll:  Both schools on the same weekday several hours apart, e.g. noon & 4pm :wtf:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-02 4:51 PM
I did a short "shake out" swim at the gym pool this morning.  I cut a few hundred meters off what I planned because I felt a minor "tweak" in a pec muscle on one stroke :sad:  It seems ok now so WHEW!

Sorted out some of the crap I need to pack & take down the shore for Sunday's race.  All the small stuff is in one bag where I can't forget it.  Just need to make sure I grab my bike & wetsuit before leaving tomorrow!  The race staff posted on social media that the expected water temp for Sunday morning will be 65-66 degrees!
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Better late than never Fridaily