Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 3-Jun
- - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-03 7:21 AM
Do it and Post it.

Or don't do it and post that.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-03 7:26 AM
4.06 miles run in 56:41

A nice goose-free run. I was able to run the whole thing. So, a post-op record :)

One more week of school for the girls. You just KNOW there will be some prime learning going on.

Mark.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-03 9:23 AM
hooray!!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-03 11:24 AM
YAY! all around!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-03 9:29 AM
I was the first one up and spent an hour on the lake in a kayak.  A couple other kayaks and a couple old fishing boats.   Not a lot of early risers on this lake. 

Our neighbors have a dog who spends most of his time at our place.  Imagine that.:happy:  He left tho when his mama called - she put on his life jacket and he sat right down on her paddle board and off they went.  Lucky dog.

Amy and I went into town and grabbed wonderful coffee at a place called Mug Shots.  Then we walked the historic district.  Picture taking on the Kalamazoo river, in the park, in a bunch of different gazebos. 

Going to stick my nose in a book for the rest of the day.  Etty Hillesum's "An Interrupted Life"  (Anne Frank's older counterpart)
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-03 11:27 AM
you are a good neighbor. I would not stand for that...

enjoy your book. I'm currently reading: "The Heretic's Daughter" by Kathleen Kent. I think my new obsession is about the witch trails. both here and abroad. I just finished "The Witch Finders Sister" That was a good read.

Cleaning. No running.

Tomorrow I'm back at the running club trail run.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-04 4:40 AM
Love the  pictures you've been posting of the lake/house! Looks so fun.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-04 8:41 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-03 10:24 AM
Ran 20.02 miles this morning on the trails.  Saw a couple of deer, but that's not unusual.  No snakes and I never want to see those.

Melissa and I saw Wonder Woman last night.  i never was a huge fan of Wonder Woman like I was Superman and Batman, but I really liked the movie.  The theater was packed for the movie.

We are going to another graduation party this evening.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-03 11:24 AM
Are you guys like the Wedding crashers, only with Grad parties?

My favorite DC stuff was Flash and Legion of Superheroes. Who can't love Matter-eater Lad?
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-03 2:31 PM
That's funny.  It's a family in our church and I asked Melissa last night if we received an invitation, because I was kind of thinking we may just be showing up to a family event.  She said we did.

Justice League movie comes out in November.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-03 11:28 AM
sounds fun.

saw my first copperhead yesterday at the canal. little buggers refuse to move.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-03 2:33 PM
I hate, hate, hate, DOUBLE HATE, loathe entirely snakes.  Copperheads are determined little devils.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-03 4:24 PM
yes they are  when I pass, I always think they will make beautiful shoes :grin:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-03 2:24 PM
Took a lazy day today. Tomorrow will be a blazing hot 5k.

Cats have been acting weirder than usual so I went to Petco and picked up a couple toys that will hopefully distract them a bit.

Also shopped at Office Depot.
Shipped some new books down to the grandgirls that I think they'll enjoy.
And even stopped at Walmart for a couple items.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-03 4:27 PM
good luck tomorrow
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-03 3:43 PM
Hola!

Got back around 1:30 from our quick road trip and now napping. The musical was so informative and the cast was wonderful. There was a lot of dancing and singing.

The Palo Duro Canyon is spectacular!
:cool: I"m off to look it up
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-04 4:44 AM
Does anyone know what happened with Lee O at Ironman Hawaii 70.3 yesterday? I forgot it was yesterday and several people I know were doing it, so I checked to see if Lee did and she doesn't have a finish time, which isn't unheard of as from the  people (at least 2 didn't finish) I know there were a LOT  of DNF's due to really high winds on the bike course (causing accidents high winds) and for those that did finish the bike it took so much out of them they ended up not finishing the run.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-04 5:31 AM
There was a update on Facebook last night  - she DNF'ed.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-04 8:41 AM
:sad:
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2017-06-04 3:21 PM
:shocker!: Sad. Knowing Lee she cannot be happy about the DNF.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-04 1:05 PM
Well that I knew from the  results page : pbbt: I was just wondering if she suffered due to the same reasons everyone else did. It seemed conditions were really tough this year. Hopefully she didn't take it and get really down on herself the way she does. She should be proud of what she is able to accomplish.
- - By Ron274 [us] Date 2017-06-03 12:53 PM
Hello all! It's been a while since I stopped by. All the usual suspects here I see, and that's a good thing. :cool: All is well in Central Florida, the weather is great and Jean and I spend a lot of time with fitness activities and volunteer work. Oh, and golf.
No running. Cycling has taken its place and I'm doing that 4 days a week. My feet thank me. :grin:
Everyone take care, run safe.
Ron
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-03 1:14 PM
Thanks for stopping by, Ron. Don't be a stranger.

IF you don't mind me asking, what volunteer activities are you doing?
Parent - - By Ron274 [us] Date 2017-06-03 6:25 PM
Hi Mark! We volunteer at our Church every Thursday for 3 hours in a program called " My Time ". We sit with seniors with special needs so their caregivers can get some " My Time" to take dare of their own needs, shopping, Dr. appointments, or just to exhale.
Also act a Sunday greeters, do adopt a highway cleanup with the bicycle club and recently rode with veterans on the Spartan ride. A weekend of activities for vets with post traumatic stress disorder. Disheartening that we lose 22 veterans a day to suicide from post traumatic stress. All these things give us an opportunity to " give back ".
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-04 4:46 AM
:hug::hug:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-04 5:34 AM
Very cool.
hey!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-03 5:30 PM
Hi Ron! Hi Jean!
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2017-06-03 6:27 PM
Hi Karen, hi Dawn. Hope you two and the families are well. :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 3-Jun