Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Move, move, move Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:55 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:03 AM
Hello!:happy:

Back from vacation. It was so so so so so so so damned relaxing. OMG.:cool:

2nd vacation - Kids are with Q until Sunday:blush::cool::grin::happy:

Won our last soccer game of the season in the pouring rain and thunder yesterday:cool: Thunder from miles away. Never saw lightning so we played on. A bit disconcerting but awesome game.:happy:

About 70+ emails in my work email this morning:happy: Maybe this means I'll have something to do for a while.

Coming up on my 3rd work anniversary here this month:happy:

Time to start paying for Rip's academy soccer......$995 for two seasons plus uniforms

Can't wait to see Wonder Woman:happy:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 6:12 AM
Glad you had a great vacation.  :hug:

Bill and the kids went to see Wonder Woman yesterday.  They enjoyed it.  :happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:15 AM
Enjoy your kid-free week. :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:44 AM
oh i'm gonna:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 6:16 AM
welcome back! That sounds like a win-win, a great relaxing vacation PLUS a week without the kids.

3 years already? wow
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:37 AM
Yeah....long time. I love my job most of the time. The only times I don't is when I don't have enough work to do. But discussion has begun about hiring another architect so that may change.

Hopefully....
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 6:11 AM
*Anthony is back in the States and I presume safely at camp in Texas.  I say presume because there's no cell service at camp and he's not allowed use of electronics except on his one afternoon and evening off a week.  He got picked up at the airport, so I'm going to assume he made it.  :wink:

*All my bumps and bruises from my fall are healing.  I was worried about my shoulder because I couldn't even move my arm without pain on Saturday, but it's improving as well.  It sure makes sleeping miserable though.  I sleep on my side and I sure know it when I roll over in the middle of the night on the wrong side.  :cry:

*That said, I am not looking forward to working both jobs today.  :sad:

*Marie's foot hurts after her half.   Her stress fracture foot.  :meh:  She has a week off now, so hopefully that will take care of it.

*Summer gym starts today for Joseph.  I sure hope he has fun, especially since it was completely voluntary for him.

*We have enough cars in the driveway (and a long enough driveway) that Bill was able to line them up for Joseph to practice parallel parking in the driveway.  :laugh:  What a great no pressure way to practice. 

*He has 30 of his 50 required hours in now.  :grin:  He is totally on track to get his license by July first.  :cool:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:14 AM
How’d Marie do in the half?

Yes, presume he is back safely. It’s good for moms mental well being. :wink:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 6:17 AM
did you fall during the race? sounds painful

LOL on the parallel parking
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 6:18 AM
Yes, at mile 7.  :cry:  It was horrible.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 6:34 AM
:cry::cry:  was it just a random fall or was something in the way?

A few years ago M and I both ran the Monumental full and he slipped on a garbage bag (one that someone had been wearing prior to the start) about 1/10th of a mile into the race. Fortunately it didn't affect his race but it sucked at the time
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:39 AM
Yikes on the fall! That sucks. Was it bad road conditions? Shoulder issues can last....please take your time pushing that:sad:

I hope Marie's week off heals the foot well.:shocker!:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:12 AM
--Trip to Des Moines was good. Got to visit with Iowa’s mom, sister, brother n law and niece.

--Not that it really matters to me, but the half marathon had a “timer family emergency” and was unable to chip start the race. It took me 4+ minutes to get to the start. I’m sure that affected the standings on AG awards. In fact, Iowa’s sister could have been one of those depending on where the lady in front of her started. Connie was 4th in her AG. Her watch time was actually faster than the third place woman.

--Don’t think I’d do that race again. Not keen on getting up at 4 a.m. to catch a 5 a.m. bus and then stand around at the start for an hour and a half. Most of the course is full sun too. Other than the start at the park/dam it wasn't overly scenic. Plus, way too many runners. I think they capped it at 9,000. I don’t much care for running elbow to elbow for 13 miles. :meh:

--We have a week of dry, sunny weather. Hopefully Iowa can get all this hay and alfalfa cut and baled. He has about 65-70 acres to do.

--Still don’t have MO return yet. I guess it’s taking as long as 10-12 weeks. Makes total sense to double check all the returns of late filers, who are rarely the ones doing the cheating, when they immediately issue checks to those filing early. :roll: They are paying interest though.

--I think EVERY business I’ve been to in the past 3 days has a hiring sign on the door. I’m perplexed why we have the number of people we do NOT working. :wtf: No reason for it IMO.

--My sister and her family took off on their RV adventure yesterday. They made it to Crater Lake last night and will be there for a couple of days. :happy: They must have got into an area with no service because I abruptly quit hearing from the girls.

--Got a notice in the mail from the PO that my forwarding address is not valid. :wtf: Well, that’s the address I got when I called the county. Need to go deal with that this morning. Our postmaster isn’t exactly the brightest star in the sky. I bet this takes all day to resolve. :roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 6:15 AM
9,000 runners and no chip start.  :shocker!:  I bet the race director will hear plenty about that.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 6:37 AM
I've never done a race where you have to be bused to the start and your experience makes me feel ok with not doing it

Hope the post office thing resolves itself. My parents had a terrible time with mail forwarding earlier this year. They had it set to forward to FL but cancelled in when they realized they had to stay in IN longer. It was cancelled like a week before it was set to start and yet my parents stopped receiving mail here. Some stuff was sent to FL, so it had to get sent back but then something else happened and it took like 2 weeks for them to get anything because their mailbox was marked as "do not deliver" even though it had been cancelled.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 6:15 AM
No moving for me - I'm self-diagnosing another stress fracture in my left foot. It went from knee pain, to possible PF, to now stabbing pain when I walk sometimes and throbbing at other times. It is on the inside of the foot whereas last year's was on the outside. Think I'm going to get out the boot and wear it - no need to go to the Dr who would just put me in one if they saw a problem

I'm signed up for a race Sunday and I'm going to do it one way or the other. I've already missed out on the other 2 I've been signed up for earlier this year

B was on a nap strike yesterday and was a monster trying to get to sleep, then he kept waking up and not wanting to go back to sleep. I'm a zombie. And an emotional wreck because that stuff really gets to me, especially when I can't get any help

Busy week at work, I think I have to give a presentation, YUCK. Or maybe my boss and I are doing it together, I'm not really sure. But either way I hate it.

Clothes are starting to get snug, I can't even blame baby weight since they fit a month ago
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 6:18 AM
I hope B's nap strike ends now.  I remember well how rough the no sleep thing is.  I was so emotional all.the.time. :cry:   And I had help.  Hang in there.  :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 6:38 AM
it amazes me how one day/night of super crappy baby sleep just sends me into a meltdown. I don't know how you did it 4 times!!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 9:05 AM
My oldest 2 are just 15 months apart.  I remember one time Anthony was up pretty much all night long.  He finally fell asleep at 9:30 in the morning.  Jonathan was down to just one nap at the time.  I made Jonathan "lunch" and put him down for his "afternoon nap" at 10 a.m. because I was so desperate for sleep.  :laugh::cry:  It didn't work and I think all 3 of us cried most of the afternoon.  :laugh::cry: 

Hang in there.  Somehow you make it through.  :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 9:09 AM
:cry::cry:

My brother and I are 13 months apart - plus the oldest is about 3.5 years older than me. I don't know how my mom did it. Maybe some 10am lunches too :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:43 AM
I hope the boot helps your pains:cry:

I hope you get some sleep soon....Maybe B will double up on napping to catch up. Tj would do that occasionally.  Kind of like when he would double up on food an then not eat forever. Lack of sleep makes you just feel horrible and hormones and lack of help just ratchet up the stress. :cry::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 7:55 AM
usually on the weekend he'll have one bad day of naps and one good day - but not this weekend. Unfortunately his bad day sleep carried over into bad night sleep, but hopefully tonight is better. He's lucky he's cute
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 7:36 AM
Come in to the office this morning and the large, front window is busted. :mutmad: Gotta love the citizens of Aurora. Bunch of low life, welfare meth heads. This is pretty much the deciding factor on whether to go up on rates or not.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-05 7:56 AM
:shocker!::shocker!:  Was anything taken or was it just busted for fun??
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 8:53 AM
It isn't completely busted out. Not exactly shattered, but cracked everywhere. Last year several businesses had windows and doors busted. At that time they tried to break mine because I had a huge gouge and scrap marks in the glass and there was a big chunk of asphalt type stuff lying below the window. I have really nice, double paned, commercial-grade windows in my office so luckily it held up. I don’t know if someone pushed on this and it was just weak and broke or if it just eventually busted on its own because it was previously damaged. Who knows what this will cost. Window is 5’x5’.

Cops response when I asked about the protocol. “Well, if we happen to catch someone vandalizing something else and they confess to breaking yours, then we might catch them.” WTF?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-05 9:06 AM
Glad the police are willing to put in so much effort to find the guy.  :roll::mutmad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:29 AM
The cop was half laughing about it while I was filling out the police report. “Happens all of the time” hahaha. Made it all the better.

Office building for sale. Anyone want to buy? I’ll replace the window. I need to get the f*** completely out of this town.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-05 8:01 AM
:shocker!::mutmad:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Move, move, move Monday RTTs