Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Muggy Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-06-05 6:54 AM
Somewhat muggy. : pbbt:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-05 6:55 AM
Friday I got in 60 minutes out the trail with work on the Evil Hill 3X. Golf in the afternoon was my first for the season and I did decently (for me) until I got tired. I stumbled backward over one of those cube things in the ground and banged myself, but was ok.
Saturday was SDO. I needed the rest.
Sunday Buddy and I went out the trail. We only saw 1 deer and some geese but quite a few runners and cyclists. It was a good 75 minutes.
Today I plan to go out the trail for a light easy run.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:01 AM
Enjoy the trail run!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:43 AM
Nice work on the evil hill. What is a cube thing in the ground?

Have a good run today.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-06-05 11:57 AM
There are 2 hollow wooden cubes on sticks in the ground to mark the line behind which you must tee off. I backed over the dumb cube. : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-06-05 7:35 AM
I did an hour of yoga on my own this morning (kind of between studios, still checking them out around here) and later we have our Monday night run with my friends who are taking me out after for a quick glass of wine for my birthday. Only a runner would say "we have to run first then we can drink". We will be kind of sweaty and wet so not sure where we can go that will not be grossed out by us, but hoping on a slow Monday there wont be a lot of others around.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-06-05 7:45 AM
How true about "only a runner would say". :laugh:
Hope you have a great run and good for you on the yoga. :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:01 AM
Happy Birthday!:hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:42 AM
Happy birthday!

IIRC noquitter's running group goes next door for food after the run. Works for them since the restaurant knows the LRS is next door and appreciates the steady, if sweaty, patronage.

Pizza places, if they have a reasonable wine list. Since most of them host athletic teams on a regular basis they are not taken aback by soggy runners coming through the door. Anyone paying cash would be well advised to put it in a snack size Ziploc, though. Sweaty money is really disgusting.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:51 AM
Happy birthday! And :laugh: on the "run first, then wine" thing.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-05 2:00 PM
happy birthday :hug::hug::hug: enjoy the run and wine.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-06-05 3:54 PM
Hope you are having a great birthday!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:00 AM
I did a walk of 2 miles with a few runs thrown in. Getting there. It is so good to be back outside moving. It is such a mood lifter. I'm still not sure how to tell if I'm ready to run, but I feel ready. My IPod shuffle stopped working for some reason and I don't know why. It worked before I got my stress fracture. I have been using my phone for music, but I hate carrying it because it is bulky to me.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:43 AM
Outside is great no matter what. Sorry about the unworking shuffle.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:52 AM
How does it feel when you pick up the pace?
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-05 9:54 AM
Off to the gym. It's leg day...but then, every day right now is leg day. : pbbt:

I am wondering if my physical therapist will clear me tomorrow for a wee bit of running, and maybe squats with weights and stuff. That would be exciting.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-05 9:59 AM
3400 yard swim. Ugh. Went well until the maintenance guys came in and sprayed crap on all the chrome parts in the pool area. No warning or  anything either. I now have a scratchy throat. I hope that goes away. I complained on the way out as it's NOT the first time the  maintenance people have pulled crap like that :mutmad: I want all the food now.
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-05 10:03 AM
Ankle is still sore from Saturday but much better than after Leona Divide. I did get out for 2.5 this morning.

Fire trucks outside a house down the street from us when I went down the street at 4:15 AM, next door to the people who go all out with their Christmas decorations. Not sure what was going on.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Muggy Monday dailies