Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Muggy Monday Daily
- - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 11:33 AM
Tell us about your run, workout, etc.

What did you do over the weekend (since we missed a weekend daily)?

Eats, drinks, blather?

Bonus:  What's the "muggieness" factor where you are today?  Dry?  OK?  Damp?  Wet dish-rag stupid muggy? Etc.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 12:13 PM
OK, I'll start.

I taught cycling class this morning & did some core & shoulder PT exercises afterwards.

On the weekend I did a "bucket list" thriathlon, of course, in the Aquabike (just swim & bike) category.  The Tri was "Escape The Cape" which is held in Cape May, NJ.  The bucket list aspect is that the swim start is by jumping off the deck of a commercial ferry boat (one of the ferrys that run between Cape May and Lewes, DE) into the Delaware Bay & swimming to shore.  They had Olympic (1 mile swim, 24 mi bike, 5 mile run) and Sprint (3/10ths mile swim, 12 mi bike, 5K run) options & I did the Sprint.  If you're on Facebook, here are a couple of inks to some videos:
Sprint triathletes jumping
Beginning of the Olympic distance swim ...sorry this is sideways :wtf:
[url=https://www.facebook.com/Drone1aerialtechnology/videos/1932670343678821/A short drone overview of the action[/url]

My total time was 1:03:38, broken down into 14:43 for the swim (I have no idea how good I was at sticking to the "tangent" or buoy line, I just followed the swimmers in front of me, 40:14 for the bike and 8:42 for the swim to bike transition which included several hundred yards from the beach to the parking lot where bikes were racked & my horribly slow process of getting out of my wetsuit. 
Amazingly, I won my age group!  Of course, there were only 13 competitors in the Sprint Aquabike, only 7 of them were male and there was no other competitor in my 5-year age group :laugh:
The RD claims there are only 2 other Tris that have a jump from a ferry; Escape From Alcatraz and another held in Norway.  I have to say they did an awesome job putting this on!  The support on the water was fantastic; Coast Guard boats, several jet skis and more lifeguards out on paddleboards than I could count.  I would have preferred doing the Olympic distance but have not worked back up to that swimming distance yet.  I've done 1.2 mile and 1500 meter swims in Tris before but always as a double or single loop in a lake.  I have to say that viewing a straight line 1 mile swim course is more intimidating!  Two women in the Olympic distance race "chickened out" and wouldn't jump with the others.  The RD was at the edge of the ferry (they even had a sports psyc there too) and let them go with the Sprinters so they eventually did jump :cool:   

Yesterday I ate all.the.food!  Pre-race was just a bagel & OJ and some Gatorade while on the ferry.  Post-race they provided eggs, bacon :hug: sausage, bagels, muffins, donuts, pretzels and drinks! 

Bonus:  71 degrees, 82% humidity : pbbt:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-05 12:39 PM
Congrats on your bucket list AG victory!!!

I'm glad you didn't see this during your swim. :shocker!: Of course if you did your swim time would have been A LOT faster. :laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 1:45 PM
:laugh:  Mary Lee came by Cape May a week ago!  She was pinged off the coast further north by Asbury Park this past weekend so long gone!  Besides, there was a group of dolphins swimming nearby & they would have protected us...we hope!

Oh, here's the photo no one wants to see before jumping off the ferry Mary Lee!!  :shocker!:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 12:52 PM
Messed up the last link...too late to edit :sad:

A short drone overview of the action
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-05 12:54 PM
Nice work on the power dive, swim and bike and AG win! :cool:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-05 1:33 PM
Congrats on the AG win! :cool::cool: How did you like the jump from the ferry? Would you go back and do the Olympic distance if your shoulder is better, or was this a one and done for you?
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 2:04 PM
The jump was cool!  I had some anxiety for a nanosecond when I got to the edge but just the different perception vs. looking out to the water below instead of looking down.  The "handler" at the edge of the ferry deck encouraged me to go as soon as I got to the edge but the woman who jumped just before me hadn't surfaced yet :wtf:  I went as soon as I saw her come up & made sure I wasn't going to jump on top of her!  prior to it, I had more concern about going from being hot on the deck in a zipped up, full sleeve wetsuit to mid 60 degree water but that was really a non-issue...plus the water temp was more like 67 :laugh:

I'll do the sprint again!  If my shoulder is better AND I'm able to do some "more than a mile" open water swims I'd love to do the Olympic Distance!  Like I said, seeing the full mile distance in a straight line is LOTS different from a loop course on a lake!  Plus, while your offshore enough for it to be navigable for a large ferry, the shoreline isn't *that* far off to your left.  However, the view to the right and on the horizon past the jetty where you turn to the finish is open ocean :shocker!:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:26 PM
:laugh: Oh yes, looking DOWN from the ferry is definitely a different perspective! Can't wait to see pics of your jump if you are willing to scroll through the hundreds of photos that get posted from the race. No race #s visible so you just have to scroll and scroll and scroll till you find yourself!

I did the Olympic distance last year, and yes, the mile long straight line is daunting! :shocker!: I had only ever done a mile in the pool, so that swim was kind of a shock to the system!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 4:19 PM
Oh you know I'm going to scroll through & find them!  I hear the turn-around time is 3-4 days to have them available.  Also very cool...free online races photos!  A friend from my running (who is the one that was kind enough to grab my AG award for me) had done it before and she's temporarily reposted her jump photo as her profile pic on FB.  It's awesome!  Of course, I'm not an attractive mid-30s female so mine won't look nearly as good :roll: 

Three of us from the running club did Escape but we couldn't find the other guy on the ferry & he was doing the Oly.  Michele & I hung out on the ferry & jumped at virtually the same time.  I was out of the water a few seconds ahead of her & she passed me on the run (walk/gimp for me) from the beach to T1.  She was out of T1 ahead of me but I caught her on the bike & we passed a final time as she was leaving T1 and I was heading to the run finish to get my finisher's medal.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 2:40 PM
Awesome job, Ed!

So now you have to go to Alcatraz!: pbbt:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 2:56 PM
Yeah...NOT!

Thanks!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-05 3:23 PM
Everyone I know placed this year that raced ETC! My friend who is one of the 10 selected for the Quest for Kona shows did the Oly and was 4th woman OA, 1st in AG. She's a speed demon and was quite a bit older than the ones ahead of her on the podium. Well done for you!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:25 PM
Congrats on your AG win!!
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:12 PM
That sounds completely terrifying, I'd never do it. :blush: And congrats on the AG win. You can only compete with those who show up. :grin:

The race in Norway, I think it's considered  one of the hardest triathlons out there. Self supported too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXFIKyYyQHY
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-06 5:02 AM
Once you're in the water it's just a swim!  You could so do it!

Isklar Norseman...NO THANK YOU!  That looks COLD!
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-05 12:33 PM
In keeping with the title of the daily, I ran 15 this morning with about half of it in fog. :cool: The temp was 67 when I started so it was not terrible. I did not get in a longish run this weekend so today was it.

Weekend: We went to Wichita Fri - Sat for the Kansas State competition for Special Olympics.  Sarah won a gold in tennis. :cool: Also, we found out that she will represent Kansas in the National Games in July 2018 in Seattle where she will play Bocce.  That is kind of a big deal. :cool: Team Kansas has 42 athletes (3,500 total at the Games) and they will charter a private jet for the trip.  Friends and family are on their own for travel since the charter is for the team and coaches only. :cool: The games are at the University of Washington so she will be staying in a dorm room.  Hopefully I will have time to get in some running with Puddle Thumper. :wink:

Breakfast:  1/2 bagel!!!  Lunch: mixed veggies, turkey sandwich, and a few handfuls of Gardetto's snack mix. :hug:

Bonus: see above.  The dewpoint now is 65 but I'm sure it was crazy high in the fog this morning.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2017-06-05 12:49 PM
Very cool for Sarah!!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-05 12:54 PM
Weekday long run!! :grin:

That is very cool about your daughter.  :cool: :happy:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-05 1:36 PM
Congrats to Sarah on her gold! :cool::cool: So cool that she got selected for the National Games!

Bagel question, I am sure it's been asked before: which half of the bagel do you eat? The top half? The bottom half? or a left/right half? : pbbt:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-05 4:08 PM
I have a bag full of 1/2s; about half full of tops and half full of bottoms.  I just grab one and leave it up to chance!!!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 2:07 PM
Awesome for Sarah!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:26 PM
Congrats to Sarah!!
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-06-05 5:06 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to Sarah!:cool:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:13 PM
Really cool for Sarah!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:27 PM
Congrats to Sarah! That's very exciting!:cool:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-06-05 12:43 PM
5 miles at noon. We are now into that part of the year where I can't even go 5 miles without totally soaking both my shirt and shorts.

I ran 16 miles on Saturday and did a complete wardrobe change after the first 6 mile loop. It makes a world of difference getting out of the wet clothes and starting fresh.

Got some yard work done Saturday afternoon but needed a 2 hour nap later on to recharge.

Bonus: The dewpoint is only 69 right now. I consider it a bonus anytime it is under 70 from now until October.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-05 12:55 PM
We've been lucky on the humidity this year. I actually wore shirts for both runs this past weekend. I am sure the humidity will be here and in Ohio next week just in time for my race.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:27 PM
I often do a complete wardrobe change mid-long run in the summer.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-05 4:10 PM
Our spring has been hanging on; its been nice.  But, I think it's over. :sad:

I have changed clothes mid-run before; it's amazing how good it feels.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:28 PM
Another vote for a mid-run change of clothes. Especially shoes and socks. Feels so good!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-05 12:51 PM
Rest day today from running, heck perhaps a rest week. Need to get these legs to freshen up.

This weekend did a run on the Mason Dixon trail point to point from Connewego Dam to Cold Cabin... 17 or 18 miles. Start in MD, finish in PA. A bit longer than I had planned but we slacked/walked/hiked a lot. Some pretty tricky trail here but also a lot of paved/dirt road section on this part of the MD trail. Plenty of nice views of the Susquehanna from up high though it's more of a lake here because of the dams.

Pretty lazy over the weekend. Other than a few runs, lawn mowing, weed whacking, chores, and napping.

Bonus: Cool (for June), but humid and rainy.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:27 PM
SOunds like a nice run!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:30 PM
Aaaaahhhh! My uncle died in the Susquehanna Hat Company!: pbbt:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 7:37 PM
haha, I like that you say a few runs and then call it a lazy weekend  :laugh:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-06 5:20 AM
Napping!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-05 1:30 PM
My workout will be an easy 3 after hitting the grocery store after work. Not looking forward to the mugginess!

This weekend I did my first triathlon of the season. It was in Quakertown, PA, which can be accessed by major highways, or, if you use Waze, by very remote back roads with single-lane bridges and tunnels. :shocker!::laugh: I swore Waze was going to turn me onto a dirt road at one point! I drove out to PA on Saturday for packet pickup and overnighted in Quakertown for the Sunday morning race. Since I was doing this race off of my banked marathon training, 1 outdoor bike ride, and only a handful of swims, I didn't have much in the way of goals. I didn't want to be last overall or last in my age group, and I thought under 90 minutes was a realistic goal for me. I far surpassed those goals, with a total time of 1:13:02, placing 133/222 overall and 8/12 in my AG. I actually had fun in this race. I did not hyperventilate for the entire swim, yay! I got in the water which was actually pretty comfortable temperature-wise, and I dunked my head a few times on the advice I got last year from indie. That helped a lot, and when the race started, I was able to swim smoothly with no hyperventilation. 9:36 for the 1/4-mi swim which was under my goal of 10:00 for this leg. T1 was 3:44, I had trouble getting my cycling gloves on and I should have just worried about that after I was on the bike. :roll: The bike started off uphill out of transition, and apparently last year a lot of people fell at this point because they didn't have their bikes in the proper gear. :shocker!: I didn't fall or see anyone else fall here. The bike leg was 10 miles, and my goal was anything under an hour since I didn't have any cycling under my belt for this race and it was a hilly course. I think I used every single gear along the course, and I cruised back to transition in 42:21. T2 was 1:47, and I ended up not tying my shoes tight enough for the run. :cry: My feet were kind of numb when I put my running shoes on and I didn't want to tie my shoes too tight, so they ended up not being tight enough. :roll: It was a bit uncomfortable with my orthotics moving around in there but I survived. The run was billed as 2 miles, but I think it was short, and I turned in a time of 15:34 which I am super happy with (my goal was under 20:00 :roll::laugh:). After I ran out of transition and started chugging along, I glanced at my watch and saw 8:24 pace and thought I was going too fast, but I stuck with it since it was "only" 2 miles and even if it hurt it would be over soon. I passed tons of people, and out loud I was telling them nice job but in my head I was apologizing for passing them because I suck at the other 2 legs of the race and I couldn't go fast in them, but running is my thing and I was able to crank at that point in the race. : pbbt: I tried to kick at the end but I honestly had nothing left and just cruised in to the finish. I am really happy with this entire performance given my lack of training and being 2 weeks post-marathon. I have 2 more sprint tris this summer, one in July and one in August, and I will definitely be more prepared for them!

Eats/drinks: I took my new mentee out for lunch today for our first meeting, and she wanted sushi. I ordered the hibachi lunch special, and it was super salty. It was even more salty than hibachi normally is. It tasted like they put extra salt on the veggies after they drenched them in soy sauce. Blech. Lots and lots of water to flush that out of my system!

Blather: My mom texted me last week to tell me she rushed my dad to the ER at 4am Thursday morning because he was in excruciating pain. Turns out he has a kidney stone! :shocker!: He hasn't passed it yet but he says that he's pain-free today so I guess that's a good thing? Side note: my family often uses text to communicate health issues (like my mom being in the hospital for several days following her heart attack) and it frustrates me to no end. It's like their phones don't dial out or something. :mutmad:

Bonus: Muggy like after a really hot shower in a tiny bathroom muggy
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:28 PM
Congrats on your race! Hope your dad takes care of business soon.:hug:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:14 PM
Very cool, that is a fast run! :cool:

Hope your dad feels better soon.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:35 PM
Great race! :cool:

I hope your dad feels better, kidney stones can be so painful!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-06 5:04 AM
congrats again on your race!  Really good based mostly on marathon training.  What are the other two Tris you're doing?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-07 7:48 AM
I am doing Rev3 Williamsburg on 7/9. I was supposed to do Rev3 Pocono Oly last year but I re-broke my hand on the pre-ride :meh: so they let me transfer to this year. Pocono didn't work with my schedule, so they let me switch to Williamsburg, and I dropped to the sprint since it's only 6 weeks away and I won't be able to get in good enough shape to do nearly 30 mi on the bike by then. I am also doing the Quantico Tri on 8/26, it's the site of my first triathlon 2 years ago, and my brother and a few other friends are doing it as well.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-06 5:23 AM
Congrats! That's two awesome races in a row! :cool:
Parent - - By OxyJen Date 2017-06-05 2:58 PM
Weekend running was blah. My usual short route at home on Saturday. Five miles with the group on Sunday. Well "with the group" is inaccurate. I started with the group. I dropped back on the first hill. Usually when someone drops back on the hill, a few people will circle back at the top to pick them up but no one did. I was actually feeling a bit annoyed and somewhat hurt by this. If I'd known that I was going to be dropped I would have made a bigger effort on the hill. I wanted to run with other people. It would have been a nice distraction from my own head, which hasn't been very fun lately. If I'd known I was going to end up running most of the way by myself, I would have slept in later and done it at home. This is the second time that this has happened to me in the last few weeks (out of three times that I've run with the group). I don't expect people to alter their own run for me, but traditionally this group will pick people up or at least ask if the person dropping back wants to run alone. And usually I'm fine running alone. This time I wasn't. I'm sure it wasn't an intentional slight. I'm sure they just didn't notice. I think maybe I need to stop trying to run with the group for a while. Maybe until I feel like I have it at least a little together again. I'm not very much fun these days anyway.

Other weekend activities included visiting a kid from Lilly's class who was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. I thought that visit would be tougher than it was but it wasn't. Visiting at the hospital on the PICU was surprisingly ok for me and Shawn. And not being the newest cancer family in the school district is somewhat of a relief. They seemed to appreciate us being there.

Three muggy miles this morning. Nothing interesting.

Bonus: See above. But probably just in the middle. Not great, not terrible.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:29 PM
That really sucks about the group.:mutmad:  I hope they pull their heads out of their asses.
Parent - By OxyJen Date 2017-06-06 5:31 AM
I'm positive that they weren't being jerks. It was just bad timing for me.
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:19 PM
:hug: Sorry about the group. Can you just ask if anyone wants to run easier with you?
Parent - By OxyJen Date 2017-06-06 5:30 AM
Yeah, that's what I would normally do. This one just got away from me, and apparently them, too.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:38 PM
Sorry about the group. :sad: Can you find someone who can be a regular running partner, then you won't need a group?

I'm sure the family appreciated your visit.:hug:
Parent - By OxyJen Date 2017-06-06 5:30 AM
I can't commit to anything right now which is an advantage of the group. I can just show up if I want to. Bill and I run together sometimes, which is also nice, but it doesn't happen very often either.

Visiting with that family was helpful in all kinds of ways, including for us.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:04 PM
I had a busy weekend! I left for Lancaster, PA, on Thursday night, started the Ragnar Relay on Friday morning, ran my 3 legs, 6.3, 6.8, and 5.5 miles, plus another 6 mile leg at 3:45 am, met a great bunch of people, had a lot of fun, ended somewhere in the Poconos. I picked up the fourth leg to accompany another woman on the team for her middle-of-the-night leg, since we were all kind of freaked out about news of an attempted assault on a woman runner at another Ragnar Relay, and I had offered to accompany anyone who wanted a bodyguard.:laugh: So 24 miles for the weekend.:happy: Meanwhile, since Isabella didn't tell me she wanted to go to the prom on Friday until 2 weeks before, I left Philip to field that one. He took her to get her hair and nails done:hug:, and took some nice pictures for me. She had a fun time, so I only feel slightly guilty for not being there, but I didn't feel like I could bail on the team so late in the game. As it was, our team had 9 people running for what should have been 12 people.

6.2 easy miles today, legs feel pretty good considering how hilly the weekend running was. Sweated buckets! But it was a good run. Had a green smoothie for breakfast, but caved into my sweet tooth and had a huge chocolate chip cookie with lunch.:roll: I'm really trying to conquer that before NYCM training starts.:roll: Blather: So after many calls to the USVI St. Thomas's district court clerk's office and much panicking, I finally received 3 more certified copies of my marriage license, which is the only proof I have of my married last name.  I thought I needed this to renew my driver's license on July first, and was sweating over whether I'd get them in time. So after I got them in the mail, I went to clean a pile of papers that had been on my dining room table for like 2 months- and found a renewal notice from the DMV that allowed me to renew my license by mail, no documents needed.:roll::roll::roll: Hopefully I'll get the license by 7/1.:laugh:

Bonus: Icky muggy. But only about 70°, so not as bad as it could be.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:31 PM
It is still a good idea to have a copy of the marriage license.  Isabella looked pretty!!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:43 PM
Thanks, she did. She never goes to dances or anything like that, so I was really surprised she wanted to go, let alone wear a dress.
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:20 PM
The relay looked really fun!

Here in TX I could renew online, took no time at all.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:49 PM
It was. I think I got a lot more sleep at this one than either RTB I did, and that made a big difference in my mood.:laugh:

In NJ, we usually have to go in with "six points of i.d.," which is like, every possible piece of i.d. you can possibly have:roll:, or, if you did the six point i.d. renewal the last time, you can renew by mail the next time. But the time after that, you have to go in person and have a picture taken again and come up with the six points of i.d. (birth certificate, ss card, passport, a recent bank or credit card bill... and if you changed or mixed your name when you got married, a certified copy of the marriage certificate- like I'll be able to find the marriage cert in 4 years when I'll need it.:roll::roll:).
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-05 5:47 PM
sounds like it was a lot of fun!

i saw that attempted assault too. i have two teams at ragnar nw in mid-july. i've always seen police presence in certain areas but now i'm hoping they'll be more visible and ragnar will come out saying something about it. i saw a statement they did release.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:53 PM
There was some official statement by Ragnar, but I haven't seen any policy changes. I decided that no matter what the rules on pacers or running consecutive legs or whatever, safety comes first, and if the RD had a problem with whatever the women on my team decided to do, I would put on my old lawyer mask and get all up in their faces.:laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-05 3:43 PM
4 steamy miles this morning, will go to boxing class tonight.  I ran 9 in the rain on Saturday followed by a boxing class and did 11 stanky miles on Sunday.  The party is definitely over in north Texas until about October.

I attended a few graduation parties this weekend which was fun.  I had a VERY delicious egg white, sweet potato, spinach and goat cheese scramble for lunch today.  So. Good.

Blather:  blazerboy was part the film crew for our ginormous HS graduation.  Before the ceremony, the 1,551 graduates line up in corrals at the indoor football facility so they can file out in alphabetical order.  One of the girl graduates has a brother who has been serving overseas and surprised her before the ceremony in front of all the graduates before they started to march out.  blazerboy was one of the few people who knew this happening and was able to film it up close.  He told me, "it was not my best film work, but it was the best thing I ever filmed.":hug:  I teared up all 10 times I have watched it. 

BONUS:  We have unbearable humidity, then about 20 minutes where it burns off and is not totally awful, then sun gets above the tree line which is a different version of hell.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-05 4:05 PM
blazerboy :cool: and :hug:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:21 PM
:hug: Cool for blazerboy and so neat for the girl to have a video of it.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-05 5:38 PM
:hug::grin: wonderful!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:55 PM
Hmmm, I never thought of sweet potatoes and eggs together- I love how that sounds!

1,551 graduates!:shocker!::cool: Harry's class last year had 152.:laugh: The story BB filmed is so sweet!:hug:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-07 7:48 AM
I teared up just reading about it! :hug::hug:
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:25 PM
Weekend, I had to work on Saturday. We had an afternoon meeting. :roll: 
Ran a bit on Saturday morning. Sunday was chores. .

Eats: Nothing exciting. Muesli for breakfast, salad for lunch.

Bonus: Today was a bit muggy, we got some rain.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-05 5:38 PM
saturday meeting? it's not wtf wednesday yet.  :wtf::wtf:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:04 PM
Work on Saturday?:meh:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-05 5:32 PM
5 miles this morning. the temps have dropped again. it was 48. :shocker!: This really is the perfect time to be a runner in the NW. it's light at 4;30 am and just so pleasant out. 48 is a little cool but still fine without gloves and headband for me. if it's dark for some reason it feels colder. :wtf::roll:

very busy weekend! group run saturday. i had a really crappy run that i cut short. :meh: whatever. ballet matinee with my mom as we needed to switch tickets from next week. it was really a wonderful program. I worked in the yard a lot and chatted with the neighbors quite a bit as everyone was outside!

We finally are starting to order new window blinds for our windows. When we moved into the house 20 years ago (!), there were no blinds or curtains. we went to sears and got the cheapest most basic curtains we could find as that's all we could afford. 20 years later, we are finally going to replace them!  :grin: That means though i need to sand and refinish one more set of windows in the living room that i could not get to last year before the weather changed. I was able to get about 2/3 of the window done yesterday. it's a very big window with the original mahogany trim which requires sanding. 

dh's dad had an mri friday as he really has been limited with mobility which we though was related to his neuropathy but neurologist said it was not and ordered tests. doc called late friday to say that everything looked the same (ie no new issues) but then called again this morning after a consult with other neurologists and it looks like he's had a series of small strokes. he's being admitted right now.  :sad: but this is good because evidently he wasn't making a lot of sense.  i hate that this was going on for over a week but i'm so glad the doc followed up.

bonus: perfect. not too dry and not too damp.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-05 5:58 PM
48, light out, no rain sounds perfect to me!:cool:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Muggy Monday Daily