Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / I dreamt last night that I ran the Austin marathon
- - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:33 PM
just a month after getting out of the hospital and without any training. :roll: So apparently they had on-site registration so I signed up for the full wanting to see how long I will last. I even kept time :laugh: So I started off with 10:30 ish min/mile and just jogged through at my own pace, took a couple of wrong turns but didn't go too far. At mile 19 I thought I was close to the finish....so I figured might as well finish it, and then I saw the 20 mile marker.  Well then I figured I ran 20 miles non-stop so I can walk/run 6.2 more....that is what I managed to do with a 4:45 finish time :shocker!: It was a dream but in livid detail but I woke up feeling like a marathoner, feeling that one day, just some day I might run a marathon again if I build up some strength because mentally I know I can do it having run 13 before.
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-06-05 6:50 PM
:hug: - so many of my dreams are running related, but I'm usually late to the start and getting lost someplace on the course.  I like your dream better.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-06 12:45 PM
You are lucky to only get lost on the course. I typically end up lost inside buildings or basements. My golf dreams are even worse.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2017-06-06 5:00 PM
My dreams are of me getting ready to go skiing, but by the time I get to the ski area all the snow is melted and the resort is closed.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2017-06-05 7:27 PM
Obviously a sign that you need to get back into running. :grin:
Just be SAFE for crying out loud.
Parent - By gottarungirl Date 2017-06-05 8:10 PM
Impressive. Your brain is telling you that YOU CAN DO IT!
It recognized that there will be tough moments and you will face/banish the marathon gremlins.
In fact, your body is now in complete agreement.  The evidence - your feeling like a marathoner.  It remembers, Once a marathoner - always a marathoner.
Time to step out of retirement - slowly .... TEAM 1 is ready to support you through it. :cool::cool::hug:
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2017-06-05 8:21 PM
Nice dream run!  :cool:  Keep at it and you can dream BQ!  :grin:
Parent - - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-06-05 8:23 PM
Just 3 more years and I can add 5 mins to that BQ. wow :meh: We started on this forum when BQ was 3:10 and are still here :meh:
Parent - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-06-07 9:54 AM
I get 5 more minutes the next time I run Boston! Woo Hoo!
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2017-06-06 5:47 AM

>took a couple of wrong turns

you sure it wasn't reality? :shocker!:
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2017-06-06 6:24 AM
Congratulations :cool:

You probably ran marathons much faster than this in the past, but given your low training mileage and your recent health issues it's the best you could hope for.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:12 AM
Yes, you can.

However, you must have realized it was a dream when you learned you could register the morning of the race for a big city marathon...
Parent - - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-06 12:22 PM

>However, you must have realized it was a dream when you learned you could register the morning of the race for a big city marathon...

:laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 12:51 PM
I have wondered why Flying Pig doesn't sell out. That's about the only big race I know of where you can register at the expo, and that may have changed since I did it.

Trail races, yes, you may be able to register the night before or the morning of, and some smaller races allow expo registration, but most of them sell out long before race day.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-06 12:43 PM
Congratulations... did you wake up with calf cramps or sore quads?
Parent - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-06-06 5:30 PM
nope....I did check for that though...just to ensure it was a dream :blush:
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-06-06 1:13 PM
You just  beat my last marathon time by 13 minutes!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By mutiger [us] Date 2017-06-07 9:41 AM
You broke 5 hours....was it a goal time?:happy:
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:15 AM
Yep!!!!
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-06-06 6:00 PM
#idreamofbloodynipples
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-06-11 12:24 PM
Nice run Mut....I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing but it's great you got your fat ass out there and ran again.  For me, thinking of you running a marathon is like a dream :hug:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / I dreamt last night that I ran the Austin marathon