Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tottering Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-06-06 6:09 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-06 6:16 AM
Monday I slightly under dressed for the coolness but it worked out just right. Sun came out and helped a lot. The trail was inviting so I kept going for 65 minutes and did the Evil Hill 3X.
Today I want to do the trail and it is noticeably colder. I’ll have to cover the arms and legs. A light jacket will be necessary. Two sets of workmen are right outside so it will get noisy soon. Some digging holes in the parking lot while others go up and down the sides of the building.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-06 7:12 AM
How long is he hill? It is chilly here too.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-06 10:25 AM
Not sure how long the hill is, but the houses are big, on large lots and there are about 6 or 7 of them up the hill. I've been trying to find out from someone. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 12:46 PM
You could plot it on mapmyrun.com, that gets pretty detailed.

If you want to PM me the street numbers of the houses at the top & bottom of the hill plus the street/city/zip I could do it for you.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-06-06 6:03 PM
I'll try to get the numbers tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks! :grin:
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-06-06 7:43 AM
Light jacket in June, I'm not sure if that's good or bad! :laugh: Yay on beating Evil Hill
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-06 8:48 AM
Light jacket, wow!  3x is badass!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:05 AM
Earplugs for you also unless you escape to the trail!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-06-06 6:52 AM
I guess Muggy Tuesday doesn't have the same ring to it, but it's still true. :cry:  70*F with a dew point to match. :meh:  I ran a kinda slow 5.7 this morning.  Lousy night's sleep due to children screaming in the middle of the night. {sigh}
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-06 7:11 AM
:cry:I hope the kids get on a schedule quickly. I'm sure napping isn't in your plans today.
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-06 8:47 AM
Oy.  Screaming + muggy = LP & sd nightmare (prolly PC's, too)  ETA prob everyone's :laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-06 10:47 AM
True. :laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:05 AM
Muggy every day from now until October, I would think. Ugh.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-06 10:48 AM
True. :cry:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-06 7:11 AM
Today was a rest day, as I'm trying to be good about returning. Tomorrow I will get back out there. My ankle seems to be improving everyday. Some tenderness, but overall good. I'm also battling PF in the other foot, and I think I will call doc soon if it doesn't improve. Swapping shoes out help and actually wearing birkenstocks is a big help, although it is chilly for sandals right now. Going out to the Cheesecake Factory for birthday dinner tonight. I love their chocolate mousse cheesecake.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-06-06 7:44 AM
Glad your ankle is improving

Now I want cheesecake - that sounds delicious!  Happy Birthday! :hug:
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-06 8:47 AM
Chilly for sandals :laugh::sad:
Glad you're resting and feeling better!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:04 AM
I wish you hadn't mentioned chocolate mousse cheesecake. Now I want some.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-06 10:41 AM
Happy birthday. :hug:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-06 11:24 AM
Happy Birthday!  :hug:  That cheesecake sounds wonderful!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-06 11:51 AM
happy birthday fellow Gemini!  Enjoy your birthday dinner.  Hoping the PF improves.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-06 1:00 PM
Happy Birthday! And oh so yummy cheesecake choice!
Parent - By j.c. [ca] Date 2017-06-06 9:34 PM
Happy Birthday! Same as mine. :grin: I hope you had a great day!
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-06 7:42 AM
I had a few USDOs Friday/Saturday as my back is really hurting. Sunday was travelling, then last night I worked with my personal trainer which went well despite my back pain.

Tonight I'm supposed to run 2 miles but (a) it's hot out there...which is good don't get me wrong...but 32C/90F is a bit too warm, particularly when (b) my back hurts. So I'm thinking of getting on the elliptical in the gym instead - I've always hated it but my trainer had me on it last night & the particular machine in this gym was actually quite comfortable. (Usually I find the feet pads are too far apart so it's really uncomfortable.) So I do mile or mile, i.e. 2 miles on the elliptical (does it even measure distance? - I know nothing about them!) or time, say 30 mins?
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-06 8:46 AM
I don't love the elliptical, either, but I find it's a great alternative to 90*!  I hope your back is better soon :happy:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:03 AM
Elliptical distance is not accurate, I find, so I would go for time. If your back doesn't hurt than maybe 30 minutes.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-06 10:42 AM
Sorry that your back is giving you so much trouble. :sad:

It does sound like doing the elliptical inside might be a good option for now.
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-06 8:45 AM
ooh y'all it has been raining for a WEEK and still raining.  Yesterday I went to the run group and planned to walk because I knew a migraine was coming.  The skies opened up about 1/2 way through and I ended up cutting through the course and high-tailing it.  It sucked.  Everyone was miserable when they got back.  I only ran/walked 1.5 :meh:  In all these years of running, this is the first time I've gotten caught in the rain, can you believe that?

Anyway, I got home, took the meds, and am feeling ok today.  :happy:  Yesterday I sent my manuscript to my co-author, who was my dissertation advisor. As soon as she gets back to me I'll edit and submit, yay! Today more writing and maybe a meeting with my new boss.  Maaaybe step class this evening?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:04 AM
First time caught in the rain? Well, you did live in southern California for a long time. Is it still hot as well as raining?
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-06 10:44 AM
We've been getting bits of your rain, but not nearly as much as you've gotten!  I think it's supposed to clear up after today, so hopefully you will get some dry weather as well.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-06 11:50 AM
that is impressive that you've never been caught in the rain before.  I'm glad you're feeling ok today.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-06 10:54 AM
1:24:46 of a 1:30 trainer ride. I quit early to take the kids to lunch :blush::laugh: It had some longer Z4 stuff and it was hard! Sweating like you wouldn't believe but I did get it done.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-06 11:50 AM
eh, I  think you can round that up to 1:30!  good job, enjoy lunch.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 12:48 PM
Z4? Zone 4?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-06 1:01 PM
Oh yes. sorry :blush:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-06 11:49 AM
Trying to get back on track Tuesday.  Ran Sunday and yesterday.  Only 4 on Sunday, but 5 yesterday. Both felt good.  I'm aiming for 5 this evening as I run to and from a meeting.  I have about 5 lbs of pre-baby weight that I'd love to shed (yes, weight from before baby - I'm back to 3 lbs under baby weight).  We'll see if I can do it with a little more activity and a little more food discipline.  Step 1 - stay away from the candy jar at our front desk.  So far today I've been able to resist. Ha.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 12:49 PM
I don't think you need to shed much, but go ahead and try. But both times I could not shed much until after the baby was weaned. Miss P is still nursing, right?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-07 12:05 PM
yeah, she is still nursing with no signs of stopping.  My friend had the same experience - could not lose the last 10 until after weaning - but I'm doing a TERRIBLE job of eating healthy so I honestly think if I just rein it in a little, I could make a dent.  So far, I've been doing well for 36 hours.  Ha.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-06 4:35 PM
Workout today was physical therapy, and whoo...it was an hour-long doozy. My therapist started me off by running up and down a step, like in a step class. Then I was instructed to do a high-knees run up and down the hallway, followed by high-knees skipping, and then a sideways "run" with bent knees. It felt amazing to be actually jumping up off the floor with each step again after five months of carefully keeping at least one foot on the ground at all times.

That said, my left leg muscles are DEAD now. The high-knees skipping was the hardest part, and I got to a point where I couldn't move the leg muscles any more to do the hop on the left side. And then there was a full half-hour of exercises left after that. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Really happy with today's progress. :happy:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 9:03 AM
3.6 this morning. Cool and foggy. I texted RN, didn't hear back, then when I was about 0.4 from home she texted that she was leaving and would catch me up. She caught me at the halfway point. First half was easy, second half was speedier!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-06-06 11:53 AM
second half tempo!  Sounds like some classic June gloom over there.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 12:50 PM
It is. Not so much at my house since we're 60 miles inland and there are two ranges between us and the coast, but definitely still a marine layer downtown.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-06 3:49 PM
4.61 on the TM at lunchtime. Glad to get back to the gym.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tottering Tuesday dailies