Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / What's Up With the Wednesday RTTs??
- - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-06-07 5:17 AM
So, what's up??
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-06-07 5:31 AM
I'm here to play today! :grin:  We all showed up to work to get ready for our 6:30 patient, only to find that they must have cancelled late yesterday afternoon.  Now we don't have a patient until 9. :roll:

It's been a crazy spring for us.  MIL broke her hip and had surgery a month ago.  She has moved from home to Assisted Living to hospital to Nursing/Rehab to now SIL's house with Hospice care.  Dh has been down there (Central FL) several times this year to help with all the transitions.  Two weeks ago when he was there, he was slammed on I-75 in Ocala trying to get home.  Heavy rain, peeps out of control = 6 cars in all involved.  He wasn't hurt beyond a few abrasions from the airbag.  Car won't be fixed for another 3 weeks, then he has to figure out how to get it home. (Probably another trip to FL for us).

So, last week we went on vacation to ...wait for it...Florida! :roll: Actually, we went down to Islamorada in the Keys.  It was wonderful, and we really needed it.  We went snorkeling/diving, girls parasailed, and we drove down to Key West one day.  Came home Sat. after 13 hr. drive.  Got to see MIL on the way down, and accident site on the way back.

I now have a senior and a sophomore :shocker!:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 5:51 AM
Yikes! You’ve had your fair share of things to contend with. :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 5:54 AM
Wow! You have had a rough time lately:sad: I'm glad your DH is ok. That sounds terrifying.

Is your MIL expected to recover completely?:cry:

Senior and a sophomore:shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-06-07 6:04 AM
MIL has severe aortic stenosis (not a candidate for surgery at 86 years old), emphysema, has had a stroke, and basically is calling for the check.  She's depressed and not thriving, so she will probably not last much longer.  My SIL is taking FMLA to care for her.  She's the last grandparent for my girls.  :sad: She's a nice lady, and we have always gotten along well. :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 6:18 AM
I'm so sorry.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-07 6:47 AM
oh wow that is a lot going on. Sorry to hear about MIL...and H and his accident.

I am jealous of the Keys trip, that is somewhere I'd like to go sometime
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-07 9:13 AM
Wow you've had a lot to deal with lately.  The vacation sounds wonderful. 

Buckle up for senior year busy-ness!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 5:58 AM Edited 2017-06-07 6:21 AM
Trivia was awesome last night:cool:

Today is going to be a sleepy day I can tell. I can't wake up:meh:

Time to start binging all the seasons of GOT:grin:

Officially made first Academy soccer payment today. Only 9 more to go...........:roll::shocker!:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-06-07 6:08 AM
Trivia! :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-07 6:47 AM
Glad you had fun. Did you guys win anything?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 7:24 AM
No. We came in 8th. There were 20 teams so not too bad. Especially considering there were only three of us there.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-07 9:13 AM
Sounds like trivia night was worth the sleepy day. :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 10:08 AM
It was. I'm considering napping during lunch but I'm also starving....:blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 6:04 AM
--Put in a request to have my business phone number ported to my cell phone. Once that is done I will cancel my business phone line and internet at the office. I got a Verizon hot spot. It works fine here in town so I’ll use that for my internet service at work. Doubtful it’ll work at the acres because our shop/barn is metal. I was hoping it would to eliminate the need for internet service there. Still, this is going to run me about $20 less per month and I will have the hot spot which will be nice in situations of traveling across the country in an RV. : pbbt::wink:

--Kids and my sister made it to Burns, Oregon yesterday. They have some hot springs and an RV park there so they stayed the night. :happy: Somewhere I’ve never been.

--Iowa got all the hay cut on our property and one of the neighbors land that he farms. About 30 acres worth. It is so thick. He has it all sold and the guys buying it will come and pick it up and themselves. Even better. He should get my cat lady’s place (25 acres) all baled today.

--One of the six puppies I helped my friend take to the Haven got adopted. :hug: They’re going to be some good-sized dogs.

--They’re ordering a piece of glass for my window and should have it in and installed in about 10 days. The gal I spoke with on the phone recognized my name. Turns out we went to school together. She and her sister were good friends with my sister. Her husband owns the company. They’re good people. Rough estimate ($315) is less than I was expecting so that is good. I was thinking more like $500.

--Title company called Friday to get some info from me so that is a good indication. Still haven’t heard anything on the appraisal. If I don’t hear from the lender by tomorrow I think I will call and touch base. I’d like to get the furniture moved but I kind of want to wait until they get that done.

--
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-06-07 6:09 AM
Very :cool: about the glass estimate!!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 6:20 AM
How much hay is on 25 acres?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 7:38 AM
Cat lady’s hay isn’t the best because it hasn’t been fertilized or seeded. He’s hoping about 50 large bales. Ours and the neighbors should yield 65-70 and that’ll be higher quality hay. All big round bales. He’s going to wait until the next cutting to do small squares for my horse client. We should have at least one more cutting off of ours and hopefully two. Plus, he’ll get two more cuttings off the 15 acres of alfalfa. That’s the high dollar stuff. :cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 8:18 AM
Holy crap that is a lot of hay.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-07 6:49 AM
Sounds like your sister and the kids are having fun. I'd like to go to a hot springs sometime

Is there an estimated closing date on the house or do you have to wait for appraisal?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 7:43 AM
The buyer starts a new job June 26th. Lender is requiring one pay check stub from the new job before they’ll close on the house. Depending on the pay period of the job and where that falls I’m guessing somewhere around the end of July. Good enough. Just get me the hell out of here by the end of summer. : pbbt:

I had to laugh because when the title company called one of the questions they asked was if I was married. I told them yes, but as far as the house that was all in my name. Evidently in Missouri that doesn’t matter. Once you’re married half of your assets become your spouses. :shocker!: So, that means I have to drag him to the closing to get his signature. I think in his dreams he has the proceeds spent ten times over. :laugh: 2009 Dodge dually he has his eye on, a new tractor, a disc, a sprayer, a planter, etc. : pbbt: He’s getting his bulldozer paid off. That’s going to be the extent of my generosity. : pbbt: Pretty darned generous I would say.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-07 7:55 AM
:laugh: That is good to know on the house and needing both signatures. I knew there were some states like that. Do you guys keep your finances pretty separate (ie you're keeping the bulk of the proceeds in your own account - aside from some tractor generosity :laugh:)
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 8:46 AM
I have my business checking account which just has my name on it and a couple of savings accounts that are just in my name. It is advised we keep it that way for the sake of the ex wife and alimony situation. Three more years and the ex wife is going to get screwed on alimony and there isn’t going to be much she can do. :laugh::evil: I can’t wait. hahahahaha! He did put me on his checking account and I manage that for him. He doesn’t have a clue when it comes to that kind of stuff. :laugh: I’m going to pay off the bulldozer and my office building, make my maximum IRA contribution for this year and build my savings back up to what I feel comfortable with. That’s not going to leave much “bulk” to worry about.  :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-07 11:03 AM
does alimony stop after 3 more years?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 3:25 PM
No, but she’s going to play hell getting it once he quits paying it. Attorney said to give it 5 years. Laws in MO are very different. We know what the income guidelines are on having to pay alimony and I’m making sure to take measures to make sure his income doesn’t meet those. :evil: Hence, the farm business is mine. Another reason that (for her sake) everything is in my name. She’s not going to get blood out of a turnip and I don't pay alimony. :evil:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-08 6:34 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-07 9:16 AM
That's great that the window came in less than expected and with a company you feel good about supporting.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-07 9:10 AM
*Joseph is enjoying summer gym.  He wishes he had taken it instead of normal gym.  To give you an idea, in normal gym the standard for the mile for boys is 6:30, summer gym it's 9:00.  Day one they walked to the playground and played tag.  Day 2 they ran the mile.  It's a 4 hour class.  And that's all they did.  Run a mile.  :meh:  Oh and they only had XL shirts.  But I guess it's good that they are giving kids a way to meet the requirement.  Joseph really likes that there's no changing for gym, no locker room.  That is sometimes the worst part of the whole experience for kids.  I know it was for me. 

*Last weekend I ran into my ex-fiance for the first time in 20 years.  Sometimes when you think about the road not taken you think to yourself, "Thank God!"  :laugh:  I would have less than nothing in common with him.  He's exactly the same person he was 30 years ago, he hasn't grown or changed at all, except to get fatter and wrinkled.  I'm nothing like the person I was at 18. 

*I'm turning all kinds of beautiful colors with the bruising.  But it's less sore, so that's good.  Maybe by the end of the week I'll be able to roll over at night and not wake myself up from the pain of my shoulder and hip.

*I get a haircut today.  :grin:  Do I ever need it.  I need to have at least another 3 inches taken off, maybe more.  The longer hair just isn't as flattering on me as it used to be.  :sad: 

*It's so nice out, low 70s, sunny, breezy.  :grin:  90s are coming in 2 days, so I'm trying to really enjoy the nice weather while it's here. 

*I cannot believe I haven't had the kayak out at all this year yet.  :sad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-07 9:46 AM
I think all the ex BF’s have gotten fatter. :laugh::evil:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-07 10:10 AM
I love hearing about your kayaking......get paddling!:cool:

The only ex I ever see besides Q is my gay ex. :roll:

So sorry about your shoulder:cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-07 11:06 AM
I feel like I remember summer gym being for the "non loving gym" type of kid. Hopefully he continues to have fun with it. 4 hours of gym sounds like a lot....almost like a marathon :laugh:

You were engaged at 18? It sounds like the Garth Brooks song Unanswered Prayers
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / What's Up With the Wednesday RTTs??