Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday it is then..6/8
- - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 4:33 AM
Let's try today!

give me what you got.

QOTD: sometimes I feel like I'm wishing my life away. waiting for that one thing. what is that one thing you wait all year long for?
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 4:48 AM
most likely no run. today is Josh's promotion ceremony.

yesterday I got a phone call from his teacher. Josh touched the school computer and changed an icon on the screen. renamed it from recycle bin to my life. they were not going to let him participate in the ceremony today.  can I tell you how mad I was??? two days away from summer and my kid. who gets teacher calls two days away??? sigh.

QOTD: two things. my week down the shore (ocean city) and foot ball season! both at the end of summer. I love summer.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-08 9:10 AM
They were not going to let him participate because he changed the label of an icon on a computer? That seems...excessively harsh :meh: Yeah Josh on the promotion ceremony though!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:22 AM
agreed. harsh school. I hate middletown. hate
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-08 11:07 AM
Uhm, then why did you move there? Isn't that where you lived before you moved to Mississippi?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-08 5:40 AM
Morning Karen and kids.:wink:

QOTD - you know me, it's always the food.  So Thanksgiving dinner is my answer.  All that gravy.

Last night we had 35 for our first practice run for the Reagan 5k on July 4.  Hoping for at least 10 so this was a success!  Each week we expect to add another dozen runners as people encourage friends to come along.  I did NOT get to run with a new runner as I thought.  Instead, our local 150 mile hero ran me thru the trail section of the course.  He was a very talkative, encouraging, and a bit too fast tour guide.  He's going to try for 200 next Spring.:roll:

The balls of my feet are killing me.  The course is beyond hilly.  I took a beating.  Yoga today.  Yoga is like gravy.  It makes everything better.

and I just have to throw this out there - I have the local news on and they are covering an honor flight to DC.  The 20 yr old reporter is gushing how she has never met a real live WWII veteran.  Gave me pause; every adult male I knew growing up was a WWII veteran.  I'm thinking her formative years have a big hole in them.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-08 9:14 AM
I'll say the reporter has had a hole, even my kids have met WWII vets! Granted they were family but still!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:25 AM
nice work gravy D.

the reporter must be 12
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-08 11:08 AM
Being 12 isn't the right age as my 2 at 8 & 11 and they've met some.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-08 6:08 AM
Good morning!

Woke up to another cool morning, but I better enjoy it as the heat is returning.  Will go out for a walk shortly.  And it will be a solo one -- one partner is out of town and the other has a dental appointment.

Other than that nothing much going on here.

QOTD -- hm...football season!

Remember it's Thirsty Thursday!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:25 AM
football!!! yeah!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-06-08 6:43 AM
I keep thinking I'm posting but it seems my posts don't show up. :wtf: Today is another gorgeous day like yesterday. The grands were here yesterday and we walked over 10K steps. After some light housekeeping I'm heading out to practice on my boat and then I have a infectious team training but I'll be home in time for a run.

I guess right now I wait for CT scans every 6 months but more immediately I'm getting excited for all my family to be here this summer. Yesterday I made a unique 'guest book' for our house. I gathered bunches of flat smooth beach stones and put them in a pretty heavy glass vase that wasn't being used. It's rather stout and wide so the stones can be easily handled. I put a sharpie in there so people can sign and date a beach stone when they visit. We are dog sitting a sweet Portuguese Water Dog named Bader. (after Justice Bader, parents are a lawyer and a judge) so made a rock for her. :laugh:

:happy:

PS- any tricks getting into a wetsuit?!? I'm literally a comedy show when I do it. : pbbt:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:26 AM
I love your stone idea. love.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-06-08 7:03 AM
Morning Golden Tush and all you other lovely people

Ran 11.69 miles this morning. Great running weather. Schools are out soon so i won't have to fight the school buses and carpool traffic.

QOTD-Trip to FL in spring. And the entire season of Summer. Lover summer.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:27 AM
:cool: sun
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-08 9:16 AM
Hey geel!
I spent the morning getting the hairs done.
I have an hour bike on tap, and I think I'll take the bike outside since it's the only day this week I will have that option.
QOTD: I often feel that way as well, or that I haven't accomplished anything of note. There isn't any one thing I wait for all year long.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:27 AM
any cool color?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-08 11:09 AM
No. I had to give my hair a break after the fall when I did the Ombre effect color. I needed to get rid of all that and get it back to "normal" because it stopped holding color. Though I did have some reddish lowlights put in.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday it is then..6/8