Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / National Upsy Daisy Day Thursday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-08 6:54 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-08 7:09 AM
Upsy daisy:laugh:  Someone please tell me how that can be a day:laugh:

Super bored at work yesterday....basically making up work.

Our drafter overslept again. I've never actually heard David mad. When he finally called in on his way to work, at 9:55!!!!!!!!! David told him not to bother coming in. Told him a few other things that the drafter really needed to hear. This is at least the third time he has had to talk to him about coming in late. We have flexible hours, but anytime after 9 is 'late' unless it is planned. And while once in a while it would be ok, he has been in after 9 every day this week plus many many other times. He oversleeps constantly. And he doesn't exactly stay late to make time up. Must be nice to be 22 and not need money so you can just stay up late and play video games all night. Yes, that is what he does. :roll::roll::roll:  David had to completely reschedule his day to do the drafters work. Ugh. Tbh, wish I was at the office this morning instead of at my 2nd office today. I'd love to know what time he got in today.

Reality Winner - what the hell kind of name is that. That name alone should have prevented her getting any sort of clearance. :roll:

I really need a hair cut. And to dye my hair. I've been meaning to for over a month.:blush:

This week's bills and paycheck will be the first true 'shortage' since agreeing to change our child support agreement. S%$# gets real this week.:sad:

I seriously don't know how the engineer I am subbed out to work for has run his business for 40 years. He is so disorganized and his 'systems' are total crap. Ugh. Such a great guy but i'm so glad I don't work here full-time.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-08 7:22 AM
Your drafter sounds like every other 20-30 year old worker.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-08 7:29 AM
Yeah. We also say business casual.....casual. So I wear jeans with nice shirts sometimes. The boss wears jeans. But seriously, t-shirts are NOT appropriate. :roll: We are going to have to adjust our employee manual. AND he vapes. We had to tell him not to do that inside either. :roll::roll::roll: GRR!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-08 7:48 AM Edited 2017-06-08 7:54 AM
I had a coworker friend at my first job who was like the drafter. He would stay up until 3am playing video games and then come in super late. Now he did make up his time but it became a big issue. It is sad companies have to babysit employees like that

Reality Winner?

Edit: I had to google the name. I heard there was an NSA leak but I hadn't heard the name, just saw a pic on tv
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-08 7:35 AM
--Been feeling pretty crummy the past week or so. It’s a wonder I’m even getting in any running. :meh:

--Kids are about an hour outside of Yellowstone Park. They are going to spend 4-5 days in Yellowstone. That should be a good time.

--They had a thing on the news last night about the delinquent state tax returns. I’m sorry, the .006 percent interest is hardly adequate. They should have to pay a penalty like we would have to if we were late paying them, plus more like .06 percent interest. First time ever getting a refund and this happens.

--New BBQ place in town. I’ve heard it’s really good. :happy:

--Need to get the A/C fixed on my car. It’s about getting miserable. Looking at about $700 or better. :cry:

--Keeping my regular clients at my old rates thru the end of the year. Going up on all new clients and non-regulars immediately. I’m still at the lower end of the spectrum so I don’t feel bad about it at all.

--I guess Centurylink didn’t like my comment on their FB page. I don’t even know why it popped up in my feed but it did and I couldn’t refrain myself from commenting on their lack of customer service the past few months. So now they’re willing to address it? Whatever. I’m done.

--I’m going to make a rainbow cake when the kids are here. They look like fun. :grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-08 7:47 AM
Yeah, they have to pay a penalty but theirs is WAY lower than a citizen pays.:mutmad:

BBQ: pbbt:

What is wrong with the AC?:shocker!: I've had to deal with that during the summer of 2009 after I was hit and it busted the AC. Miserable.:cry:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-08 8:18 AM
The compressor is going out. It is recommended to change some evaporator hose and something else at the same time. While it might not be bad, you really don’t know until you put everything back. That’s another $150 in parts but if you don’t replace them at the time of changing out the compressor and they turn out to be bad then it’s going to cost you that much more in labor alone to tear everything apart. Just fix it all the first time! The car is 13 1/2 years old with 160K miles on it. Nothing other than age on the compressor. With defrosters running off the A/C compressor now they get a lot more wear. :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-08 7:55 AM
Raising your rate makes sense. Heck I do that at work with some annual filings I do. The price stayed the same forever under my coworker who retired but I've been slowing bringing those people up to normal rates.

BBQ sounds really good right now
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-08 7:59 AM
M leaves tomorrow for 8 days of a car trip (it's this big national car thing with stops in a bunch of cities). I've been looking forward to it as we need a break but it did dawn on me that while I do the kid stuff myself, he does do majority of bottle washing and cooking, plus yard work and now I'll have to figure that stuff out. Well maybe not the yard work, it isn't going to rain anytime soon so I doubt I'll do it since I don't have time

Dreading having to give a client presentation today. I hate public speaking

Weekend is going to be in the 90s - yikes! B doesn't handle heat too well. Thinking about going to the neighborhood pool though to see how he likes splashing in the water

Foot is feeling a little better but nervous about my race Sunday. You have to do packet pick up the day before which annoys me because I don't want to drive downtown two days in a row

Might have my parents meet me and watch him for the race so I dont have to run with the stroller. can't decide. Might also head to their house after the race although I doubt the pool would be warm enough in the morning and I don't want to stay all day.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-08 9:00 AM
Breaks are nice. Glad you will get one.

Babies in pools are so fun! Enjoy!

I hated running with a stroller even though I loved my stroller. Take advantage of your parents if you can.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-08 10:20 AM
I wouldn’t worry about the yard work. He can do it before he leaves and it will be there for him again when he returns. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-08 11:15 AM
I got out of the speaking engagement :blush:  My boss knows I don't like it and she was like well I should push you off the ledge to do it but I know that you would probably prefer me to not be there for it then and I said yep. So I said I'll do the next one solo but she'll do today.  I wish I was good at public speaking but I'm just not
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / National Upsy Daisy Day Thursday RTTs