Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Sure Happy It's Thuirsday daily
- - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-08 12:28 PM
It's almost 1430 hours on the east coast & no daily yet?  What's everybody doing, watching testimony to Congress or something?????   :roll:

It's Thursday.  Are you sure happy?

What did you/will you do today...run...workout...eats...drinks...etc.?

Bonus:  We've got a thing that's called radar love!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-08 12:41 PM
I have not been watching.  I did read the statement Comet submitted in advance :shocker!:

I did shoulder PT exercises at home this morning & will teach cycling class this evening.

Had my annual eye doc appt. just before noon.  Eyes were dilated & my vision is still a bit "fuzzy" :shocker!:  After many years of no changes to my contact lens prescription, the doc told me my astigmatism has gotten a bit better.  :wtf:  I thought it would only stay the same or get worse as I aged.  He did say wearing contact lenses can cause the shape of the eye to change over time...huh!  Anyway, he gave me a sample pair without astigmatic correction & another minor adjustment for reading.  While my eyesight is equally bad in both eyes, I have a "monovision" prescription that corrects my left eye to a degree that makes it easier to read stuff and my right eye more for distance vision.  The samples may make it easier for me to read stuff like newsprint without reading glasses...we'll see.

I posted pics of my jump from the ferry in the Tri on Sunday.  They are only on Facebook since I don't have :personal" online space to put them. Here ya go (I'm on the right side in all the pics):  Ready     Jump     Splashdown!

Bonus:  6-1/2 minutes of climbing at the end of class tonight!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-08 12:49 PM
those photos are so cool! Congrats.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-08 1:27 PM
Love the pics! :grin: I forgot to ask you how the water was for the swim. We had huge swells last year, I wasn't quite prepared for them!

Congrats on your improved eyesight! :cool:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-08 2:33 PM
No huge swells!  A bit more "movement" in the water than I've experienced in lake swims & I did ingest some salt water : pbbt:  a couple of times when I turned my head to breathe & got smacked in the face by one of the swells :sad:

Jury is out on how improved my eyesight actually is.  Will know better after a few days of wearing the different prescription lenses.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-08 5:18 PM
eeeeee! :cry: Those photos scare me, but also super cool. I have friends doing Escape this weekend.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-08 12:48 PM
Good afternoon!

When I wasn't on the phone this morning I had the hearing on. Wow. Really, just wow.

Without commenting on the content of the hearing, I am concerned for John McCain, he was just incoherent.

I'm happy that it will be the weekend soon, my entire family is wiped out. Family wedding in Delaware was the opposite of relaxing, just tiring and emotionally draining

Ran 6.8 this morning.
Salad for lunch, dinner is a blue apron thing.

blather while the wedding was stressful for me and R, N did great. She rocked her job as flower girl and had so much fun with her cousins. She just loves them so much, it kind of breaks my heart. She is wearing her flower girl dress to school today :laugh: It is fancy, but now that the event is done i don't really care if it gets totally torn up.
She has been a flower girl twice, and now has only one aunt/uncle who is unmarried and likely to get married, my sister Stefanie. Yesterday she told me she is done with being a flower girl and will be a Junior Bridesmaid from now on. I asked, what if you are 7 when Aunt S gets married? She said that she is ready to have a 'bigger role':wow::laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-08 1:05 PM
N is something else!  I'm sure she gets that from her mother!!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-08 1:26 PM
N! :laugh::hug: Loved her in that dress! And her leopard print bathing suit! She is more stylish than I could ever hope to be.

I read about McCain, I wonder what's up with him...:wtf:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-08 2:39 PM
N puts a lot of thought, and effort, into her 'look'. the other day she was critiquing me and said something to the effect that my 'signature look' of messy bun, running watch and no lipstick wasn't so beautiful. Signature look was her phrase. In her defense, when I dress up she always compliments me.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-08 7:09 PM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-06-08 1:47 PM
I love N
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-08 2:40 PM
N is something else for sure :laugh:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-08 5:19 PM
Sorry about the wedding stress. But glad that N had fun.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-08 1:22 PM
I am sure happy it's Thursday! I noticed this morning that I don't have any pressing meetings on my calendar tomorrow, so I made the executive decision to take tomorrow off as a summer Friday! Woo! Of course that also means that I crammed 40 hours into the first 4 days of this week, so I think I deserve a day off. Yay 3-day weekend!

My run today is scheduled to be 8x400 @ 2:01. I actually got up to do it this morning but my calves were cranky. They are much better now after some stretching and foam rolling and rolling out my feet since my plantar fascia were tight too. Assuming they still feel good after my warmup, I will do the repeats, otherwise I'll just run 4 slowish miles.

Eats and drinks: nothing exciting. Finishing up pasta leftovers for lunch and making sure to keep hydrated since a heat wave seems to be on its way...

Etc.: I might have jury duty on Monday! I am kind of excited about this. I have to call Sunday to see if they still want me to show up, and then I think Monday is the actual jury selection process. I was on a jury once about 10 years ago, and it was super interesting!

Bonus: I do not own any golden earrings
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-08 2:41 PM
I hope you can get the workout done tonight or tomorrow. Enjoy the 3 day weekend, I wish we had summer hours.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-08 5:21 PM
Hope the calf feels better soon. Awesome about summer Friday.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-08 5:22 PM
I am just catching up on the Comey stuff. :shocker!: It's a complete freaking circus at this point.

I should've run this morning, but woke up late, not sure if I will get in a run. Kind of warm.

Need to figure something for dinner. N will be back tonight.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Sure Happy It's Thuirsday daily