Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sunny Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-06-09 5:39 AM
The sun has been showing up lately. :grin:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-09 5:43 AM
Thursday was a good 60 minute recovery run. It’s weird how the leg muscles like the run even though they worked really hard the day before. Stretching the quads well has also helped the hip flexors. I need to discipline myself to do my XT. A regular schedule. I will do this! Today! :roll::grin:
Today I’d like a nice trail run. :happy:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-06-09 7:26 AM
Nice recovery run :cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 9:03 AM
Hope you get a nice trail run!
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-09 7:25 AM
Another 2 miles at the run clinic last night. Looks like there are 9 of us doing the half clinic & ~5 doing the full clinic at the same time; with 3 pace leaders for the half and one guy leading the full. Really friendly - isn't it strange how the same program can be so different at different locations :wtf: And in really good news there's one lady who's almost the same pace as me - she's pushing me which might be an issue for LSDs on Sundays but is fine for the 2 shorter mid-week runs.

Today is my SDO
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 9:02 AM
Excellent that there is someone who is similar to your pace. (I hope you like her because you will be spending a lot of time with her!)

The same program being different at different locations is a common story. WW has the same topic for all meetings each week, but every leader is different and each meeting has its own atmosphere. If you've taken courses that are offered in multiple sections with different instructors, you remember the fighting for the "good" instructors and the way those sections would fill fastest. Many churches are on the same lectionary cycle and so have the same readings on a given day, but there is a massive amount of variation between churches. All relative!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-09 7:41 AM
SDO because I start work early. I'm glad it's Friday. Tomorrow I'm going to a quilt show. It should be inspiring because I need motivation to quilt.Knitting is more convenient but I'd like to make some quilts. I'm hoping continue the walk/run trend tomorrow. My ankle is talking today, but isn't been fine otherwise. Yesterday I figured out my money and think I should be ok, but it would have been nice to have a little extra. I will take it as a positive break though to do things for me.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 9:03 AM
I haven't made a quilt in a while either, and I am astonished at the amount of fabric I have. Go for it!
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2017-06-09 9:37 AM
Gak. In line with what I was talking about yesterday, I just took a lap around the building to give my brain a break and move the blood. As I was coming down the way, a person was walking around the front of the building maybe 30-50 yards shouting in a continual rant things like "F the police. Just F the police. I should just shoot one right now." And there was nobody else around at that sec but me and him and he kept whipping his head looking at me. I kept flipping between trying to see if he had a gun on him and looking away "lalala. I'm not paying you any attention so don't mind me..." and walked quickly around the other corner.  Not my most relaxing walk...
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-09 10:16 AM
:shocker!::cry:
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-09 10:24 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 12:00 PM
Oof. Sorry.

Did you notify security or the PD when you came back inside?
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2017-06-09 6:34 PM
No. Going immediately into the police door would have meant crossing paths. Once I walked around the block, he was gone. And I speculated that he likely had just had a bad encounter at the courthouse (the way he was coming) and maybe just needed some time to cool off and not be confronted by the police.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-09 10:15 AM
2500 yard swim. I had 700 yards of kicking :shocker!: Not all at once fortunately but still. 4x75 fast and 6x50 fast among other stuff. I also, for the first time since last year, got under 50 for the 50's and 1:14/5 for the 75's so I am THRILLED. 2 old ladies complimented me on my swimming. And 2 young guys (18-20's) were all :shocker!: at me :laugh::laugh::laugh: It was a good day for swimming.

I am planning to do some weeding this afternoon and taking the girl dogs for a pedicure :laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 12:00 PM
Glad you managed the fast swim!

Only the girl dogs get pedis?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-09 1:06 PM
All three do get them but Finn had to go to the vet on Wed for a weight check so I had them do it to avoid transporting 3 dogs at one time. i will not be doing that again because they charged me 12.50 for a tech appt and then 15 for the nail clipping. The weight check is free :meh:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-09 12:05 PM
Yay for getting faster. It is always fun to see faster and stronger!  What color polish will they pick?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-09 1:07 PM
They actually aren't getting polish, just a trim :grin:
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-09 10:28 AM
I've just walked the past few days.  My PF is really talking.  Limping when I get up in the night for the bathroom, and of course I don't think about stretching before because I'm 1/2 asleep.  What a joy- PF on the left side, hip/ITB on the right!  But I'm happy that I've gotten some extra movement every day for a week.  :happy:

Not much happening other than writing and still prepping for Fall classes.  I sent off one chapter to co-authors yesterday and hope to submit a manuscript to a publisher Monday.  Now I'm just waiting.  Waiting.  Waiting.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 12:01 PM
Do try to remember to stretch before getting up, or wear that Strasbourg sock to keep your foot flexed.

Caution: the sock may cause marital disharmony as your beloved points at it and howls with laughter.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-09 9:04 AM
2.6 this morning. I took DSBF to work for his 2 AM shift after the friend who had agreed to sub for him bailed at the last minute, should have run after that but I went back to bed for another couple of hours.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-09 1:07 PM
ouch on the 2 am!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sunny Friday dailies