Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Figure out the Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 5:41 AM
It’s Friday. Need I say more? :grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 5:55 AM
--Neighbors made a mess of my house with the lawnmower and the grass again. :mutmad: I kind of made a scene. :blush: I think maybe my frustration was made clear.

--As I told my niece....don’t do drugs and stay in school.....otherwise you’ll be like my neighbors. :roll:

--I’m glad I forwarded our mail while we’re still in the house. Just this week I’ve gotten a personal card, a bank statement and important correspondence from the electric company that somehow slipped thru their forwarding system. :roll: I know they’re not going to be perfect but I don’t think that’s a very good start. I’m trying to get the addresses changed on all the important stuff directly with whoever it is but it’s so tedious and time consuming.

--Buying tractor parts on eBay for the old man that lives across from us at the acres. : pbbt: Managing old men. It’s what I do best. :laugh:

--Somebody mowed the lawn at my office. That was nice. I weed whacked the other day but just haven’t had time to mow. Maybe they got tired of looking at it. :laugh: Nonetheless, it was a very nice gesture and much appreciated. :happy:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 6:01 AM
What did they do with their lawnmower?

All men need managing:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 6:29 AM
Our houses are close together. There is a small strip of grass between them. There is really no need for them to mow because I always do it but no matter if I just mowed 2 minutes before or 2 days before when they go to mow they drive their rider alongside my house with the side of the mower the grass blows out positioned toward my house. They’ll do that once, back the pos up and go backwards so the grass is still blowing up against my house, then back down one more time, with it still blowing up against my house. :mutmad: There are two holes in my siding from the dumb asses. Their mower blade is uneven so it half mows the grass and half tears up the dirt. :roll: Not to mention my driveway gets completely covered in grass clippings and my car.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 6:35 AM
:mutmad:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 6:42 AM

>Managing old men. It’s what I do best.

:laugh::laugh:  Maybe one of your old men mowed your office.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 6:51 AM
managing old men :laugh::laugh::laugh:   How old is Iowa?

That was very nice of someone to mow - was it another office neighbor do you think?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 7:03 AM
Don’t have a clue who mowed. We have a lot of guys that drive around on riding lawn mowers. I’m talking like a dozen or so. Mostly it’s their mode of transportation. There was one of them around my office yesterday so maybe it was him??? I noticed he was at the vacant house on the opposite corner from my office and that lawn there had just been mowed too. I don’t know.

Iowa is 60. :shocker!: Sounds older than he is. :wink:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:49 AM
I didn't think he was that old :blush:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 6:00 AM
Finally cleaned my kitchen.....mostly unpacking snacks from our trip last week that I just left on the counter.

Binge-watched way too much Breaking Bad this week:blush: But I'm on the last season finally! Yes this is the second time I'm watching it..... When I finish it this weekend I'll be starting GOT so I can be ready for the new season in a month. :grin:

Prozac is a bitch to take without food. OMG it burns if you don't drink enough water or eat with it.:cry: It hit me halfway to work and all I could do was keep driving to get here and make breakfast to wash it away.

At some point in the near future I'm going to need braces or implants but I'm living in denial and avoiding the dentist:cry:

Buying a hammock tonight with a Target gift card. Tomorrow I'll be laying in it all day:cool: I plan on doing nothing but hammock and finishing Breaking Bad.

No kids till Sunday night:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 6:30 AM
Braces or implants? Aren’t those two completely different things?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 6:37 AM
My bottom two front teeth are moving up. Supposedly braces can fix it though I can't imagine how that would be permanent. Or I guess I could just replace them with implants.

I'm not sure how the braces would work to fix it but the dentist recommended I go see one a year ago:blush: And now the bottom right tooth has moved a bit sideways:mutmad::sad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 6:46 AM
We bought a tie up hammock for ourselves when we got one for Anthony for Christmas and we absolutely love it.  I'll probably pick one up for Marie before she goes back to campus.  I never realized how easy they are.  We had a framed hammock years ago, but I wasn't so great at putting it away each night.  This one unclips in about 2 seconds and takes about 30 seconds to stuff back into it's carrying bag.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 7:12 AM
I'm buying one with a stand. That is the kind I like, plus I'm not sure i have the trees for one. And we just had a local girl killed because the tree broke and fell on her while in a tree
hammock.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 7:29 AM
:shocker!::cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 8:02 AM
yeah. she was on a camping trip with a group from my high school.:cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:49 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 6:52 AM
I've heard lots of GOT talk so I assumed it was already back on?

Are you doing the free standing kind or one you tie to trees? I've always wanted a hammock.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 7:14 AM
No, it starts July 16 I think.

hammock with a base
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 6:58 AM
M left this morning for his trip. After our come to Jesus talk the other day he decided he wanted to feed B this morning. Except that meant he woke him up 15-20 min early to do it and I think the change in routine of M doing it and not me threw him off because B didn't want to eat. He wasn't fussy just didn't want to eat Finally got him to eat later after I laid him down on the changing table to put on socks and I think it triggered his routine. But of course it made me late

Went to work with dried snot on my shirt shoulder and spit up on my jeans. #momlife

Didn't get a lot done at work yesterday because I had to leave for a presentation so today I really need to be productive. But it is Friday so that's tough

Going to be around 90 this weekend - ugh too hot! 

My parents are going to meet me at the race and watch B while I run. Hopefully we don't have too many issues connecting. I'll probably bring stuff to then go to their house afterward. Going to be a lot of work to get it all together but oh well.

Pretty sure I'm taking Monday off as a me day and going to the pool. My boss said the other day I should just call in one day if I'm tired and take a break and I think I'm going to do it since it will be nice. It is really the only day I can do it with my schedule and knowing the weather will be nice. Of course I will probably last like an hour and then be too hot :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 7:05 AM
Enjoy your alone time. :grin:

I thought you maybe had a sfx?

OMG, was hilarious. I’m glad I caught the spell check thing before I clicked post because it replaced sfx with sex. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:51 AM
:laugh::laugh:

I'm fairly certain I have a sfx. no sex. but the last 2 races I've signed up for I haven't run (one bc of my knee and one bc of rain cancellation) so I'm damn determined to do this one. Plus you get Balega running socks with your finishers medal :blush::laugh:  My foot has been ok this week with me primarily staying off of it and no exercise.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 7:16 AM
How did M handle B not eating? He'll have to start doing things for B to trust him.

#momlife #grosslife:laugh:

Nice boss:grin:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:53 AM
He was fine with it, just sort of like whatevs and put him in a play thing. He didn't get frustrated or anything which was good. But I think it once again made him realize that him not doing much with him makes things harder since B isn't used to him doing much.  He is the one that feeds him baby food though, and funny enough when I did it on my own the last time he didn't want it - we will see how the weekend goes.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 9:47 AM
That is good.  I'm glad he didn't get frustrated and hopefully understood.

I remember an article that said even super early babies respond and develop trust with the people who change their diapers. IOW, the more you do with them, the more they trust you. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 9:57 AM
makes perfect sense.  he did change his diaper too - why couldn't it have been a big stinky one though :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 12:07 PM
:mischief::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 7:33 AM
I hope your races goes well and that your foot is ok.  :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:54 AM
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 7:41 AM
*I got all ready and was going to go out to some garage sales when it started storming.  Just a quick pop up storm, but chances are half the sales will close, so I'm not sure it's worth my time to go out now. 

*I saw my Sunburst photos.  I'm always amazed to see the extreme degree I supinate.  It's crazy.  My left foot looks like i'm landing on only the outer side of it.  No wonder I used to shear off the sides of the shoe.  I don't do that anymore, but clearly the underlying issue is still there.  Yes, I have a super funky gait.  But it somehow works.  Usually.  :laugh:

*I think I'm going to go ahead and get Joseph's driving test scheduled.  With marching band starting up alongside gym, he'll have limited available times to get it, so it's better to sign him up early.  But of course I need his permit number to schedule him which I don't have access to right now.  :roll:

*He got 3.5 hours of driving in yesterday.  And I didn't have to supervise any of it.  :grin:  Bill had him drive to the dentist and back in another town and then my Dad picked him up and had him drive him to Amish country to get some bread.  :grin:

*Making one last dinner in the over tonight and then we'll turn the air on.  Watching the weather last night, it looks like it's going to be on for quite awhile.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 8:03 AM
There are garage sales on Fridays?:wtf:

Good job getting ahead of the driving schedule:happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:55 AM
They used to be really popular on Thursdays, I remember when I was younger that would be the day to go for best selection. I suppose because it was back in the day of more stay at home moms. Now it is Fri and Sat here although more on Sat for sure. Rarely a Sunday
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-09 8:54 AM
I thought your photo on fb was great - I always look like I'm dying :laugh:

Rain usually scares away the sales I agree. Maybe if there is a neighborhood one give it a shot
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 1:10 PM
Joseph and I ended up going an hour later. Joseph got a nice, modern, L shaped glass topped computer desk for $20.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-09 1:25 PM
Nice job!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-09 2:08 PM
I wasn’t going to say anything about the foot. I think that was the first thing I noticed. :wink:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-09 3:20 PM
And that wasn't one of the photos where it was most prominent. :shocker!::cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Figure out the Friday RTTs