Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 10 June 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-10 7:02 AM
Good morning on this beautiful Saturday morning!

So what are the plans for today?  Racing?  Just hanging around?

Happy Anniversary to Tom and Lynda!  And to his daughter and son-in-law!  A double celebration. 

Post away...whatever you want to post whether it be running related or not.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-10 7:31 AM
It's a beautiful morning here too.  We've got a week of 90's and 100's coming up so today is a day to enjoy being outside.  Misha's been walked and I've tended to the neighbor's cat.  The roofer left his scaffolding up so I may attempt trimming some tree branches I would normally not be able to reach. 

There is an art in the park down along the river late afternoon into evening.  A few live bands, food vendors and such.   We'll decide later if that's on our to do list or not. 

I need to attack arms and abs today too with some strength work.   Might get the bike out.    Have a good Saturday all.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-10 11:18 AM
I finally found a race I'm in shape to do well in.

4.04 miles in 55:31 this morning.

Newark is having a street festival this evening. I might go to that.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-10 11:33 AM
I like the idea of booing the people who go too fast.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-10 6:17 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-10 12:22 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-10 11:45 AM
I took Cindy to IHOP for breakfast and then we went to Lowes Home Improvement and bought a new dishwasher. Ours was fading and stopped working altogether yesterday. After some poking around on the internet, it looked like fixing it would cost two thirds as much as a new one, so why bother trying to fix it?

I vacuumed and mopped the house, and cleaned the master bathroom.  Next, it was off to Planet Fitness where all I wanted to do is run/walk for 30 minutes. I hadn't run since Sunday and I felt like doing something.

Now that is done and I may go read a book on the porch.  Kind of hot out there but I'm already sweaty and stinky so what does it matter if I sweat some more?

I've been reading a biography of Ken Hechler. Not a native West Virginian but he came here in the 50's, taught a bit at Marshall University and then was a Congressman for 18 years.  He was a speech writer for President Truman, WV Secretary of State, lost a race for Governor of WV, interviewed Nazi war criminals as part of his job as a historian in the Army, etc.  He died a couple years ago at 102.  An all around interesting character.  The author of the book is coming to the condo's August book club meeting.  (Which I am not part of but may sit in on that meeting to see what she has to say.  I met her briefly at the Marshall University bookstore where I bought the book and she signed it.)
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-10 1:36 PM
It's a great day for reading on the porch.   Get after it.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-10 6:18 PM
that sounds like the perfect anniversary gift! girl toys and cleaning!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-10 1:28 PM
Melissa, Makayla, and I had taco bar dinner with another family last night.  Afterwards we sat around a bonfire and chatted.  The dinner host, Eddie, had asked me last weekend if I wanted to bike with him on Saturday.  Last night we made plans to meet early this morning.  He also had an extra, never used, camelbak laying around and gave it to me.

I got up at 4:45 this morning and ran an easy 3 miles, grabbed a bite to eat, and met Eddie at 7:00 for a bike ride. The plan was to ride to a neighboring town 15 miles away and back.  We used a highway with a fairly wide shoulder to ride.  My inexperience of cycling concerned me about getting run over and coming to a tragic end, but once we were moving i felt fine.  Great morning and I ended up with 32 bike miles. 

Watching UL and UK in baseball. Looks like L-ville will win and go to the college World Series, unless they screw it up the last inning.

The best news is that Ryan came home for the weekend.  We knew he might come, and he was waiting for us when we got home last night.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-10 1:36 PM
:happy::happy:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-10 6:19 PM
a good weekend so far
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 10 June 2017