Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday! 11 June 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-11 9:56 AM
Wake up sleepy heads!  Tell us your plans for today.

One, two, three...everybody post!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-11 10:08 AM
HI!!

goodness the heat is here. I "ran" with my group this morning. About a mile in heart racing and dizzy. Walked. could never get myself right. 6.38 miles of pure hell. ran/walked.  At the end someone gave me  a gu. I was fine 5 minutes later. Salt? who knows. Anyway you would think I know how to do this by now.

relaxing. last day of basketball.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-11 12:43 PM
Glad you are feeling better.   Did you eat anything different the night before?  Maybe you were dehydrated?

The heat has arrived!  Perfect day to stay inside.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-11 1:07 PM
we had a hard labor day....stone under a new shed. hot and humid. maybe that did it...dunno
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-11 10:11 AM
Day one of running the A/C.  :roll:  The forecast is for 96 today but no humidity.  It's really not that bad but we decided to at least kick it on to see if it works.

Yard work, house work, and yoga round out the day.  Then some patio-sitting.   :happy::happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-11 12:45 PM
Jealous that this is the first day of running your A/C. 

Today is just a relaxing day here.  Went to church and Jerry watered the plants early this morning. 

We are making a pasta salad for dinner.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-11 11:27 AM
I ran a couple miles this mornig, then church, then finished the biography I mentioned a couple of days ago.

I'm an hour or so, Cindy's parents will take us out to eat at Chedder's in Ashland, KY.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-11 12:41 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and Cindy!  Enjoy your dinner.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-06-11 1:30 PM
Happy Anniversary!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-11 2:23 PM
Happy Anniversary!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-06-11 1:13 PM
Woke up a little while ago. It's 90 here. It will be the topic of conversation for a week. :laugh:  It seems like we went from Winter to a week of Spring and then right into Summer. I'm doing great with the new boat and now if I feel like it I can commute from the island daily when it's hot. The last 2 times I docked I got into the slip on the first approach. :wink:

This week I plan to swim Tuesday and Thursday  and follow up with a run. Monday and Wed will be run only. At least that's the plan.

On a side note my family is quite excited. My nephew has gone through the whole transgender process and on Friday the court issued a new birth certificate. Her new name is Josie Virginia. It's been a long journey and we are grateful she can live out loud a life she's hidden for so many years. :hug: Virginia is my mother's name.

:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-11 2:24 PM
A lot of good stuff in here Dottie.:hug:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-11 4:13 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-12 4:26 AM
It cracks me up around here because usually we do that same winter, 1 week of spring, right into summer deal but this year we've actually HAD spring like temps for quite a while. It just came with a bunch of rain and so people are complaining non-stop about how they wish summer would get here blahblahblah :roll:: pbbt::laugh:

Good news on the boat!

I had no idea the courts would issue a new birth cert for that. Did Josie have to petition the courts for it (long court process)? Or was it as simple as going to a court house showing medical records and requesting a new one?
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-06-12 6:19 AM
It was pretty straightforward. He had to provide some required documentation so the new birth certificate would reflect the gender and name change and SS card and license will be changed after that. To me it seemed pretty quick but to her it probably seemed like forever.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-12 10:55 AM
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-06-11 3:04 PM
Happy Sunday, All! :happy:

Finished my 5 mile Hike/walk today and back at tomorrow and on and on throughout the week! :happy:

My wife and I are anxious awaiting November, for our daughter's baby - she and our son-in-law are still discussing if they want to know if a boy or girl?  Towards the end of this month the Doctor will know, and awaiting if she (Dr.) should disclose!

See ya later.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-11 4:13 PM
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-12 5:51 AM
Oh I can just imagine how excited you and your wife are!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday! 11 June 2017