Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tuesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 5:42 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 5:47 AM
30 min after I got to the pool yesterday daycare called and said B had vomitted and had diarrhea a couple of times which means you have to pick them up. Of course he was fine after I got him. Not sure what caused it. He must just not what his mom to have a day off ever since my last attempt at a day off also resulted in an early pick up

He has a Dr appt for ear check today so I'm going to get them to sign off on this too so he can go back to day care

Oh and the neighborhood pool was shut down yesterday afternoon for low chlorine levels. People have been complaining bc the pool is extra dirty this year. They switched companies and guess this one isn't doing a good job.

Next door had another showing last night - I happened to step out onto the deck and saw strangers. My neighbors said they were creeping from down the street trying to check the people out LOL  I told them what I saw

Hating this heat wave bc it is too hot to take evening walks. And B's room gets super hot and the fan doesn't seem to be helping so I feel like he's boiling in there

Shouldn't have sent out a reminder to clients about a filing that is due because of course a bunch of clients started asking about it and I can't answer the questions until I'm back in the office
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-13 5:52 AM
Sorry your pool time was cut short but it's good that he wasn't sick with you.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 5:58 AM
yea I'm definitely glad I didn't have to deal with clean up :laugh:  Although it couldn't have been that bad because he was in his same outfit that he started the day in
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-13 6:21 AM
B just wanted to hang out with his mommy on her day off. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 6:27 AM
that's my guess!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-13 6:29 AM
Is the ceiling fan going the correct way?

Bad baby B!!! Give mommy a day off!:happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 10:05 AM
yea I can tell it is blowing down there because his mobile moves but the room is just extra hot I guess
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-13 6:36 AM
--Took my car to a mechanic (one of only two who I know would want to tackle A/C or even have any knowledge of it) and he was very nice. Had me pull my car right in. Turns out Iowa had just put too much freon in it when he charged it. Kevin got it down to where it needed to be and it seems to be working fine (as I’m crossing my fingers) and it’s nice and cold. I’ll gladly take the $45 charge as opposed to $700-$800 for a new compressor. :cool:

--My host sister sent me an e-card for Harry n David. A little belated birthday present/thank you for the semi formal dresses I sent. That was very sweet of her. I told her I should be well covered in the moose crunch department. :blush:: pbbt::wink:

--Gradually letting my regulars know that I went up on my rates but that I will keep them at the old rates thru the end of the year. Trying to be sensitive in that area. One guy questioned the increase and I explained that even with going up I am still at the lower end of the spectrum. Most everyone in the area is still charging $5 more a session than me even after the increase. His comment? “Well, you probably have more business than them?” :wtf: So, because I am willing to work more and work harder I should charge less? Am I interpreting that comment correctly? :roll: I can’t get over people sometimes.

--Then I have some very good ones like a new guy last week. His wife has been coming to me and he mentioned several times how pleased she is with my work. He was also very complimentary. Was scheduled for 60 minutes and asked if he could get 90 minutes, which I did. Ended up repeatedly thanking me and threw down an extra $15. :cool: Why can’t I have more of those?

--Business line is ported to my cell. That seems to be working well. Hot spot is working well. :happy: One nice thing about the port is that I have caller ID on the incoming calls. Yesterday alone I blocked FOUR telemarketers. Be nice to eliminate all of those. It’s constant.

--Kids made it to Devil’s Tower. My sister has the cutest picture of them all standing there with their Yellowstone and Crater Lake sweatshirts on. :happy: Seems like it has been a very good trip for them. They should be here on Sunday. Returning the RV to Denver, because that is the closest they could get to Springfield on a one-way rental, and then renting a car and driving the remainder of the way. My sister will stay a couple days and then fly home and the kids will stay another week or so. :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-13 6:43 AM
Ignore him. Some people just can't take changes. Supply and demand.....demand is high prices rise. Duh, dude. :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 10:07 AM
that's great about the AC being an easy fix.

that would be awkward having to tell people but yea they should understand, especially if it isnt a huge increase
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-13 6:38 AM
Massive thunderstorm here yesterday. Super cool:cool:

Run camp starts tonight. I'm hoping to start getting some short runs in....:laugh::laugh::laugh::rotfl::yeahright:

Amazing what carpet looks like with a vacuum that actually sucks:shocker!: Wow.

Time to watch OITNB and then GOT.

Need to take time to hook up my DVD to my modem so I can get VUDU at home on the big screen. But I'm lazy. And I have an ipad:blush:

I'm bored.

Need to find kids a dentist...waiting on call backs today. Why in the world would our dental insurance only cover my son (5) but not my daughter (8) at a child's dentist. WTH. :mutmad: And i have no power over it because Q does the insurance. But then he does have to pay half of any other costs....still. It is stupid.

I'm over adulting.....:roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-06-13 7:23 AM
New vacuum cleaner? I live my Shark. First time I vacuumed with it I couldn't believe how full the canister got. :blush::shocker!: You wouldn't think I had ever vacuumed before.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-13 7:45 AM
Yeah, with three cats and a dog I go through a vacuum cleaner every couple of years.

I borrowed my parents cleaner last night and ripley did her room. WOW the stuff mine didn't pick up last week:cry::blush:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 10:08 AM
I"m looking forward to OITNB too

What is VUDU? Sounds familiar
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-13 12:17 PM
Vudu is an online storage for Ultraviolet movies. Vudu

It connects all the digital copies of my non-disney movies I've bought. Which isn't a lot. Plus you can go to walmart and buy this thing that converts your dvds to digital if the digital version is allowed. I'm thinking about doing that soon. it would be worth the money.

All my disney movies connect into my Amazon account. Anything digital i buy with amazon is on that also. But Amazon Fire doesn't connect to VUDU because they are Walmart competitors. But most smart tvs and dvd players have the app already in it. I just need to network my blue-ray player and I'll be able stream those movies. For instance i just bought the Divergent series super cheap on that website. I can already watch them on my iPad but i'd like to be able to use them on my big screen.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-06-13 6:55 AM
~Suzi made it home from NYC. Seems like she had a really good time but the girls wore her ass out running everywhere.

~So here in The Dirty, we are the freaking epicenter of the big Solar Eclipse in August. They are expecting up to 500,000 people to show up. Cell service will crash and interstates will all be parking lots. And we (meaning I) are supposed to be on top of it and "handle" any emergencies that come up.

~Might run a couple of 5Ks here in the next couple of weeks. Haven't raced a 5K since 2014! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

~Didn't get a run in yesterday, had to go finish up all the paperwork and turn in money from XC camp. I guess I now get a break until end of July.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-06-13 7:47 AM
:blush: I know three families that are headed there to see it:laugh::shocker!:

Who cares when you can you tube it from your big beautiful tub???:roll:: pbbt:

Good luck with the 5ks! Sounds like fun...
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-13 10:09 AM
Good for tourism I guess, and our favorite radio host should do a live cast or whatever : pbbt:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-06-13 10:36 AM
Nashville is also supposed to be a hot viewing area for the eclipse.  Like they need more traffic there.  :cry:  It better not fall on a meet weekend or I'll never get a hotel room.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tuesday RTTs