Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday - 6/13
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-13 8:16 AM
I have a new pet peeve.  Too much stuff on the internet has switched from giving a list of items that can be quickly reviewed, to a page where you have to click "next" over and over and over.  Drives me crazy.  One example: I was looking up BBQ festivals in the US and all I get are websites with one answer per page.  I don't want to click next 50 times.

I just thought you should all know how much that bothers me.  : pbbt:

What's Up?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-13 8:24 AM
I worked out at the gym this morning.  Now I am trying to work but after 36 years of doing basically the same thing every day my heart is not in it.  I should have made an effort to learn a new skill somewhere along the way.  Oh well, too late now. May as well go do the next item on the list.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-06-13 8:25 AM
running 6.2 or more at lunch time. will be a hot and wet one.

Dave- the next and click here to read more annoy me too. much prefer a 1 page format that i can scroll through or do a search on
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-13 9:09 AM
I have the same peeve.   My computer is so slow those kinds of things take hours.

Next peeve - went to the Y for Bodysculpt.  I was the only one there.  :sad:   My favorite class and I guess it has run it's course.  I'm not a member any longer so I paid $8 for this.  They cheerfully refunded though so that takes away from the peeve.

In my annoyance I bought groceries.  Spent twice what I normally would. 

That'll teach me.  Next up: Bodysculpt, the Home Edition in my living room........   and then, because the heat index is around 100, I'll be in the dang house the rest of the day.:sad:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2017-06-13 9:11 AM
3.1 miles run yesterday evening in 40:06. Then binge watched Phineas and Ferb with Katy.

Will try for another 3.1 tonight.

For Dawn.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-13 9:26 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-13 9:35 AM
:laugh:Thanks!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-13 9:27 AM
3.5 PW done and now running errands

Back later- hate typing on iPhone.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-13 9:33 AM
I finished a 1:30 trainer ride that contained 2x15 min @Z4 (this is hard) and on the second one I really had to pull out the stops to keep it going but I managed. I also had one leg drills which I hate. Lucy used to hate them too but she has since gotten used to them since I do them once a week now :laugh: No more crazy barking and circling head when I do them : pbbt: I was going to take the kids to the pool for the first time this season but Amanda has decided she doesn't want to go because she is worried about dance this afternoon. And at first I was all, no I'm not giving into her fear but then I started thinking about her medical issue and thought maybe due to the weather (over 90, no clouds and humid and little tree cover), it might actually be a bad idea to do this today, so I'll take them thur when she doesn't have dance.

I dislike the "new" or "interest" stories that do that. They put on sentence on a page and you have to flip through 20 pages to get the entire story. And each page has so many moving ads that the pages freeze up. I am now to the point that I will click on the comments because someone will post the gist of the article so I don't have to get annoyed. That is if the article premise really interests me.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday - 6/13