Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Tuesday the 13th
- - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-13 8:53 AM
Any workouts on this lovely late spring day?
Parent - - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-13 9:10 AM
4.6 mile run to the gym

57¢ (30 coins)

Inov8 Road-X 255

-  --  -  --  -  --  -

Used various leg, core & hip machines.

-  --  -  --  -  --  -

2.5 mile run home

25¢ (1 coin)

Inov8 Road-X 255

-  --  -  --  -  --  -

During my lunch break today there will be a 20 minute sauna session with some seated marching.

-  --  -  --  - --  -

Tonight there will be a yoga class.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-13 9:48 AM
Hey, congrats to you and the Warriors. Now I can get a good night's sleep on Thursday, 2 days out from the race. Durant was the difference maker. No question to me.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-13 4:20 PM
Lovely day indeed.:happy: I'm still curious about the seated marching in the sauna.:wtf:
Parent - - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-13 5:47 PM
Just sitting there in the heat, lifting my feet and swinging my arms. A little light activity while heat training for Western States.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-13 5:48 PM
While I've never heard of it, that makes sense.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-13 9:47 AM
No run today. Dog walk this morning around the neighborhood with the missus and the beasts. Just under a mile for the short loop the missus and the old spaniel prefer. Might do some light yard work tonight followed by swim and beer hour on the back deck. I am sort of antsy to run in my newly drained knee joint but am going to hold off until I get to Ohio on Thursday and do a trail jog around my old stomping grounds. Not that I ran there as a HS punk, but we use to hike at this park swilling little kings or doing other non-government sanctioned activities. Taper is moving up a notch today in the head department.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-13 4:19 PM
Newly drained knee?

Otherwise it sounds like your head is doing fine in the taper department.:laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-14 8:52 AM
I had an orthopod visit this week to check out the knee. Said things were fine structurally, just fluid build up around the joint. He drained it and gave me a cortisone injection, said not to run for a few days but I should be good to go for this weekend. I did tell him my plans. I guess he's used to my type.
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-13 5:47 PM
:cool:
Parent - - By whollymoly (manliest boy) Date 2017-06-13 1:05 PM
walked to/from the neighborhood pharmacy. ~1.4 miles, ~28 minutes. Getting ready for a trip. Had a busy weekend last. Haven't worked out in several days.
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-13 5:49 PM
Hope you can get a workout in before the trip, if you want to that is.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-06-13 4:17 PM
You mean brutal summer day in these parts. 4 miles on the roads from home in 93F was enough for me...I didn't even take the pup with me given the conditions. Oh, and cut the grass afterwards.
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-06-13 5:50 PM
I'm sure the pup thanks you for that.
- By Elcontador [us] Date 2017-06-14 12:03 PM
7.1 miles last night.  I saw a rabbit in someone's driveway.  It probably came up from the nearby hillside.  It took one look at me and ran underneath the parked car a few feet behind where I saw it.
I live in a neighborhood between a major freeway and Los Angeles International Airport.  Yet, I see all sorts of animals when I'm running at night.  Possums, raccoons, an occasional fox, coyote, skunk, and now a rabbit.  And a pet pig got loose on my street last week.  I've seen about everything except a penguin.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Tuesday the 13th