Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Powerless Tuesday NRR
- - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-13 11:40 AM
literally...not figuratively : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-13 11:47 AM
We had power for about 3 hours this morning...otherwise it has been out since about 1830 last night.   It doesn't happen so often that the kids are "used to" it, so I dealt with a pair of worrywarts:  "I don't wanna go to bed" - because you need electricity to sleep:wtf:  At least it seems to not affect the greater area & their summer science camp thingy is still going on today.  Our trees are in pretty good shape, but I can't say the same for the neighborhood. :sad:  I'm always sad to see big trees down by wind.

Still going back and forth on the house, the seller/agent indicated they disagree with the defects found by the home inspector.  Excuse me, WHAT credentials do you have to declare that?   :roll:  We'll get this solved, but omfg dude, we're not completely ignorant of the process.  We hired the inspector precisely because the seller declared no defects existed when we could see things like improper electrical / gas terminations.

OG did her final step for her black belt last night, a simple break that her head wasn't allowing her to attempt.  Once she calmed herself down, she returned and broke the board cleanly on the first try.   YG still needs to break & is terrified of it.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-06-13 12:00 PM
Oh, wow.  Sorry about downed trees.  I love electricity free nights... no lights anywhere.  You can pretend you are camping and make your own fun and eat on the grill.  Silly girls.

Hope the sellers stop being obstinate. 

The mental part is the hardest part with the board.  You have to find the difference between hitting the board or hitting through the board.  I did find it scary, but it didn't hurt and was pretty cool to do in the end.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-13 1:10 PM
I posted the photo of my board on FB last week...totally screwed up with the "through the board" thing & I ended up nearly kicking the guy in the face, through the board.  My result was me and two guys sprawled on the floor, with scratches from the edges of the board all the way up to my calf.:roll:  The board was in 3 pieces :laugh: & I'm a minor celebrity among the children in the class.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-13 4:15 PM
:shocker!::laugh:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-13 8:28 PM
:shocker!::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-14 9:04 AM
They learned that you do NOT mess with Ms. Mickey?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-14 9:09 AM
DS was horrified the first time we lost power. He was about 6 and it had never even occurred to him that there might not be electricity in the wall whenever it was needed.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-13 12:39 PM
An annual email out to all faculty reminding everyone that graduation counts in our "drug free workplace" policies makes me what happened at one time in the past....
Parent - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-13 1:11 PM
:laugh::shocker!:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-13 4:28 PM
Oh my. One does wonder.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-14 9:05 AM
Well, recreational pot IS legal in your state now...but I would react to someone lighting up a joint at graduation about the same way I would react to someone producing a flask or (worse) lighting up a cigarette. Not cool.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-06-14 12:18 PM
Monday I was driving home from work and smelled pot from an SUV near me.  :meh:  There was just the driver in the car.  I hate this law.  I hate the smell of pot.  I especially hate outdoor concerts with people smoking pot with huge bongs, even though it is illegal to smoke in public places.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-14 12:30 PM
I am not fond of any kind of smoke. About a month ago I saw a kid driving down the next street and I am pretty darn sure he was smoking a joint. I know where this kid this and this is the same kid who when he was younger (ie before being licensed) would stand in the middle of the street and not get out of the way of an oncoming car. You had to slow down and drive around him. He is SUCH a punk. I can't wait until he graduates and leaves.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-06-14 1:19 PM
:mutmad:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-15 9:15 AM
Speaking of the douchecanoe kid, he passed me when I was running today and did he move over and give me any room? NO. I swear I want to go to his parents and tell them, they've raised him to be a douchecanoe but I don't think it would go over well. :mutmad:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-13 4:22 PM Edited 2017-06-13 4:26 PM
Ratbag and XH behaved badly this weekend at graduation, but my family rallied and did their best to support both me and him, and things turned out better than expected. Granted, the bar was REALLY low in terms of expectations, but I was glad it wasn't a total ****-fest. I didn't get to see my own son at his graduation, except from a distance, but at least he got to spend a little time with T-bone (whom he likes), and met Eldest Daughter (the two got along well). T-bone also got to meet XH for the first time, which was interesting.

And since XH's side of the family didn't bother to come out and celebrate Ratbag's graduation :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:, at least Ratbag had his granny and aunts and aunts' significant others from my side of the family come make a fuss over him. I was glad of that.

And by the way, for PoopedColt, Classicsnerd and everyone else: yes, I have a therapist out here now. Thank you, everyone.
Parent - By Bunny Date 2017-06-13 6:31 PM
:hug: I'm glad it went better than expected. :hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2017-06-13 7:27 PM
Lots of good things in there.  Sent a PM
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-13 8:36 PM
I'm glad it went better than expected and that your family supported you.  :hug:  I'm sorry you were treated so badly by Ratbag and XH.  That's just horrible and inexcusable.  :cry::mutmad::hug:  Now that it's over...on to better things!  And see you this weekend!  Oh, and if there is a Kneeders near you, free French Toast with paid entree Saturday morning for Fathers for Father's Day.  7am - 11am.  You know, since better things must involve Tbone.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2017-06-13 9:45 PM
:hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-14 9:07 AM
Glad you got to see your family and it went better than expected.

There is some excuse for bad behavior on the part of an 18-year-old experiencing teenage poutiness. There is a lot less excuse for bad behavior on the part of a 40-something parent of said teen.

SO relieved to hear you are seeing a therapist.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-06-13 8:51 PM
I'm not quite powerless, but it sure feels like that!  I've been riding slowly, cadence in the 70s, low low gears on hills.  Today I rode with DH for 5 miles and so I followed him up a hill.  And so to keep up (he was riding as slow as he thought I went), I did a cadence of 90 up the hill and got my HR up higher than its been since January (4 beats below LT).  So, for an experiment, I did that up another hill, and then cut the ride short so that it was only 12 miles.  I ended up pretty lightheaded and nauseous.  Worst I have felt after riding.  So, too soon for that.  The fatigue is really getting to me; I wonder how long it will last?  :sad:  DH got home from his ride and so we walked the dogs and I was just so nauseous on the walk as well.  I remember feeling like this when I had mono in HS. Ugh!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-14 9:08 AM
You had surgery. Twice. In quick succession. It takes a while to recover from that!
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-14 12:20 PM
Yes, now I've read that the fatigue can last at least 6 months.  Probably longer for two surgeries.  I'm going to take Friday off.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Powerless Tuesday NRR