Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Creeping out for Thursday's daily
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:02 AM
Did you creep out of bed this morning to get in your workout?  Did anything creep you out this morning or any morning for that matter?  (Please, work with me here :roll:)   Then tell us about what you did to work up a sweat today and how you plan to recover and replenish the calories burned. 

Bonus:  Your favorite Addams family character?
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:19 AM
My legs have been super dead the past couple of weeks and all my runs VERY slow. After yesterday's 6 mile trudge, I was recalled the guidance of my wise friend Enid, :hug: that as we get older, we really need to allow ourselves to recover more. Two marathons in five weeks really killed me and I'm sure that is why I have been feeling beat down.....even my boxing classes are more exhausting than normal. So, when my alarm went off at 4:30 to wake me up for my planned 10 miler, I decided to pool run instead and give my legs a break. Since 10 easy miles should take me about 95 minutes, I did that in the pool. I may do that again tomorrow instead of running.

Blather: I love that there is so much tasty fruit available at grea prices these days. I hate cleaning and cutting it up, but it is super worth it. I look forward to 2-3 months of daily watermelon, nectarine and strawberry smoothies. If I get sick of them, I will substitute peach for the nectarine or raspberries for the strawberries.:laugh:

Bonus: Lurch
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:31 AM
Enid is wise :cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 2:11 PM
Enid is old :meh::laugh:
Parent - - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:10 AM
I used to record my resting heart rate every morning before I got out of bed as a way to determine when they are recovered from a hard effort. After one particularly hard ultra, it took me 3 weeks for my resting HR to return back to normal, and that was with a slow (very slow) return to running. Might be a good diagnostic.

Summer fruit is the best. If I buy a watermelon, it's gone within 2 days of cutting it up.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:32 AM
Thanks! My Garmin has a wrist HRM which I have found to remarkably accurate.....when I went to urgent care a couple of times earlier in the year, it was exactly on to the "machine". I wear it all day and when I sleep as my new obsession is my HR.  It was back to normal almost immediately, well, except when i drink.:laugh:  I think it is a combination of being 50 and carrying a few extra pounds.  I suspect that if I lose 5-7 pounds, I may feel less crappy.  Eating fruit instead of crap should help!  And the watermelon is so good right now!!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:02 PM
it is definitely smoothie season! Good to see you yesterday. N loved her watermelon drink :happy:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:30 AM
Last night I washed and waxed my car after work, and when I went to unwind the hose a huge spider jumped out at me. :shocker!: He had apparently been hanging out in the wound up hose (it's on a hose winder-upper thingie) and wasn't happy that I disturbed him. That was creepy. Also creepy (probably more annoying though) was the dude in ShopRite the other day who saw me at the checkout, looked me up and down, then walked out of the store in front of me, turning around every minute or so to get another look at me. :roll: I almost said something to him but I refrained.

Run will be an easy 3-4 after work. I didn't get up to run this morning because I've been sleeping like crap even though I've been getting up between 4:45-5am every day for the past week and I'm exhausted when I go to bed. :wtf: Stretching and foam rolling after the run, and doing the core work I skipped yesterday since it took me nearly 3 hours to wash and wax my car yesterday and I didn't feel like doing core after that. I was fried from the heat.

Even though I didn't run this morning I've already had breakfast AND second breakfast. :laugh: Breakfast was oatmeal with berries, and second breakfast was half a croissant and some fruit at a client meeting.

Bonus: I don't have a favorite Addams family character. :wtf:
Parent - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:05 AM
Ugh. Shop Rite dude :cry:

Washing and waxing is no joke. It's hard work.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:37 AM
I literally can't remember the last time I washed my car, let alone had it waxed!  I can take it to the dealership and have it washed and the interior cleaned for free, but it is always a bit of a wait.  The wait isn't really a problem as I can take work and do it in their fancy-schmacy waiting area. The problem is they have GIANT canisters filled gummies and peanut M&M's in the waiting area and I have no self control when it comes to free peanut M&Ms.  So, I don't get my car washed because I can't resist peanut M&Ms......you follow that?:roll::laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:55 AM
:laugh::laugh: makes total sense to me!!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:04 PM
i hate dudes like that. But not worth saying anything, because you know it will be that you are somehow misinterpreting their benign intentions.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:41 AM
Didn't creep but creaked out of bed this morning.  The creaking is a thing with us older types :roll:

I "slept in" until 6:30 this morning.  My workout will be teaching cycling class tonight.  Even though my CPR-AED certification is good for 2 years, to maintain a Medical Fitness Association certification our facility has (we're part of a hospital system), we all need to "check off" a 15 minute "AED Review" every year so I'll go in early for the 5pm session of that before my 6pm class tonight. 

I'll be replenishing lots of calories today, some before they are burned :wink:   I'm meeting some folks I used to work with for lunch (monthly thing), then guys I used to run with for pizza & beer for dinner.

Bonus: Thing!
Parent - - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:11 AM
Probably a good thing for your facility to do.

Thing is the walking hand, right? :laugh: I forgot about him? her? it?
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:31 AM
I think the hand is named "Itt."  Thing is sort of a short human-type looking thing (get it, thing?) but covered with long, straight hair.  It's kind of sad that I know this and can provide such careful commentary.  :roll:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-15 10:01 AM
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 3:07 PM
oh hell :roll:
Parent - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-06-16 7:49 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:38 AM
Thing!  That was creepy!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:05 PM
Totally forgot about Thing!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 4:42 PM
I'll be replenishing lots of calories today, some before they are burnedalways planning ahead, right?  Enjoy the meet-up!
Parent - - By Cristen [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:59 AM
I think every morning I creep out of bed. Running or not, I'm the first one up in the house, and I tiptoe around trying not to wake L. The floor outside of her door is very creaky, so I have to sort of dance around when I go by. In the winter, I am a little creeped out by running in the dark. I didn't used to be, when I lived in the city and all the trails were lit, but now that I'm in the burbs, some trails are pitch black, and even with a headlamp, I am a little creeped out by the knowledge that I can't see anything except three feet in front of me (like deer, etc.)

4 miles this morning. Weather was very pleasant, and it was a nice run. Calorie replenishment... well, where shall I begin? The breakfast I ate at 6:30 of oatmeal, berries, and yogurt held me over for a few hours, but I just got egg and a bagel at the work cafeteria (there is nothing better than a toasted everything bagel with butter. Literally nothing). I'm about to step into two hour meeting that will overlap lunch, so I'll eat whatever they provide there - probably some sandwiches that will be fine, but not good. For dinner, we are grilling sausages. I got some pretzel buns and spicy mustard to go with them. :cool: I have a yogurt in the fridge if I get hungry in the afternoon, which, I probably will.

Bonus: I have only seen the movies, but I'll say the grandmom
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:43 AM
Pretzel buns are the best!  I haven't bought them in a long time, but they sound like something I need to add to the shopping list. 

We have a really nice bike path system in my city, but I avoid when running in the dark.  I am less afraid of the bobcats and coyotes than I am of creepy guy hanging out in the woods.  I love that I can run them this time of year before work.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-15 9:55 AM
Your dinner sounds yummy! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had second breakfast today. : pbbt:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:07 PM
I find city running much safer in the dark than non-city running.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 4:41 PM
Am I wrong to get a little laugh at the visual image of a pregnant lady dancing on tiptoe in a house full of sleeping people?  :grin:

Dinner sounds really good !!
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:33 AM
Nope I was up late working, because apparently I was supposed to have been doing some stuff that no one thought to tell me about  or tell anyone else? How can we have so many PMs and still have stuff come in willy nilly with no documentation? I won't lie, going back to my previous job is starting to look really good. I am trying to convince myself surviving a shitshow will somehow make me better but not so sure. : pbbt:

I did walk the pup. Replenishment is just the usual. I mentioned being sick yesterday from something in the salad, so now I can't face the thought of a salad which is my summer favourite for lunch. Eating some Indian stuff (no not the restaurant kind of food :p) .

Bonus: Morticia is who comes to mind.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:42 AM
Life is too short for shitshows......
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:07 PM
i'm sorry work sucks so much for you right now. I don't know, I am willing to suck up a lot of crap for no commute at this point in my life. I hate commuting more than anything.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 4:39 PM
Sorry about you getting sick :cry:  Bleah!  Feel better soon. And your work :wtf:  That's a tough one :meh:
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:40 AM
Before K died I would always creep out of bed to avoid waking her up. These days since I sleep alone (most nights anyway:evil::mischief:) I turn on lights and make as much noise as I want.

Creepy: A few days after K died, I woke up around 3:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. None of the kids were home - just me. I went downstairs and was doing something in the kitchen when I heard a door creak upstairs. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Then I realized it was just the dog nosing a door open.

Sorry for all the death themes, but death and creepiness are often interrelated. I'm happy to report that I'm alive and well and ran 4 miles this morning.

Bonus: Herman. Love the block-shaped head.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:45 AM
You are allowed to share :sad: here.  :hug::hug:

You are mixing up your bad, black & white TV shows we watched as kids.....Herman is from The Munsters which in my opinion, was FAR BETTER than the Adams Family.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:09 PM
you don't need to apologize for discussing death. Glad that you are alive and well though.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 4:37 PM
It's nice you're not always sleeping alone :mischief:

We keep having to do stuff in my in-laws' house, and it is eerie going in there.  Most of their stuff is gone now, but when it was fully furnished, I never willingly went over there alone.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:02 PM
i had to drag my sorry ass out of bed this morning. I am just exhausted. The past few weeks have been draining.
Nothing creeped me out this morning.

7.2 sweaty gross smelly miles
breakfast was just fruit, just had cottage cheese, tomato and arugula salad for lunch. Going out with a friend tonight.

FB friends know, last night was the DSO concert at our local park-it is so nice to walk there with a picnic dinner. It is such a great event-great music, lots of food options, friends, and community sponsors doing fun park type things.

bonus-can it be the song? N's 'Days of the Week" song is based on the theme song. "There's sunday and there's monday, there's tuesday and there's wednesday. there's thursday and there's friday, and then there's saturday. Days of the week :snapsnap: Days of the week :snapsnap:"
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 4:35 PM
The concert sounds lovely!

Sorry about the exhaustion :sad:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-15 2:30 PM Edited 2017-06-15 2:32 PM
I crept out of bed very early this morning.  Those of you on FB know that DH and I rescued a very young kitten from underneath a car on Tuesday afternoon.  We have no intention of keeping it, but we're also taking our time surrendering it because .... well, it's kind of unadoptable right now, but we think with just a little time, it might get more comfortable with people and have a better chance.  An activist friend of mine offered to care for the kitten this weekend while we go camping, then we'll get back and reassess.  This morning, I woke up around 4:30 with a very bad feeling that the kitten may have died during the night  It hadn't but before I knew it wasn't dead, I was out on our screened in porch, looking in every corner, hoping I'd find it and afraid of what I might find.  It was creepy.

I also found an enormous dead bug on the kitchen floor.  Hey, we live in a tropical zone.   Big bugs are part of the deal, and we are sustaining contributors tp Terminix.   Trouble was, when I got the broom and tried to sweep up bugzilla, it decided it wasn't dead yet and scuttled out of the dustpan :shocker!::shocker!:  This in my dark kitchen while I'm still trying to be quiet and not wake up DH who was still sleeping.  Ugh!  By then, I had a full dose of adrenaline going, so I went ahead and started the coffee and got an early start to my run.

Workout was 8 miles.  Sun was just rising, so it was not terribly hot, but plenty humid :nothingnew: :roll:  Thankfully, the USDO yesterday seemed to pay off today.

Bonus:  Wednesday
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-16 9:59 AM
Gross bugs are the worst.  I am not a believer in putting them outside alive as they can just get back in the house.  That said, if they look like they will crunch when I kill them or take more than a few whacks with a shoe, it just seems easier to scoot them outside somehow.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Creeping out for Thursday's daily