Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday NRR
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-15 10:34 AM
Are we not doing this anymore?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:00 AM
I just nailed down info on applying for a marriage license in Pennsylvania; is that RR enough? : pbbt:

T-bone and I are having our wedding ceremony in Pennsylvania, so we had two choices for marriage licenses: get a CO license and basically get married in-state before we leave home; or get a license in PA to get married while we are there.

Getting a PA license is a lot more hassle than getting a CO license, but I realized it is important to me that when we hold the ceremony with all our friends present as witnesses, that it is the real thing, not just a show. So we have arranged the trip to PA so we have time to apply for the license on Thursday afternoon, then pick up the license on Monday for the ceremony on Tuesday.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-06-15 11:03 AM
:hug::hug:
Very excited for you! The ideas you've mentioned for your ceremony and the integration into the smiting etc. all sound so perfect for you and T-bone.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-15 2:07 PM
That's a great idea!  We had dinner out with a couple and they signed their marriage certificate on one day, got married in Vietnam on another day, and got married in the US on another day.  So they don't know when their anniversary really is!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-15 11:25 AM
Interesting article about building movement into your day rather than "working out".
http://www.seattletimes.com/pacific-nw-magazine/dont-worry-about-your-workout-just-get-up-and-keep-moving/
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:48 AM
That's cool. But I still want an actual couch.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-15 3:42 PM
:laugh::laugh:

Me too.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-15 2:06 PM
Fun!  I can speak to just how much I needed a couch this year, though.  I am still icing a ton at home and haven't yet moved to chair for icing, much less a floor!  I do have medicine balls and fitballs, a foam roller, and a hula hoop to play with in the family room.  Well, until the dogs decided the cute little 6 lb blue medicine ball was a chew toy.  :cry::cry:  I guess they have strong teeth, they took it to another room to chew on.  :shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-15 11:48 AM
I keep getting random calls on my cell phone, they are all the same area code and first 3 digits of my phone #. I wonder if that is some new scheme for hoping people will answer if the number looks similar to their own
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-15 11:49 AM
I had some of those; they were originating from a prison in the same area code that my phone is from. Block the calls if you don't recognize them.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-15 12:07 PM
so far it has been like 5 different numbers. If it is consistent I do try and block it
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-06-15 1:05 PM
That'a a new scam/telemarketer tactic.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-15 1:10 PM
thanks that was my guess
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-15 3:52 PM
I've been getting at least a couple of those a day for months now. :meh:  I blame Trump. :mutmad:: pbbt:  I'm on the Do Not Call registry, but I know a good number of people who are having a similar problem.  It makes me wonder if either something changed with the laws at the beginning of the year or if Congress changed privacy laws.  Either that or my congresspeople are selling my contact info. :roll:  My cell phone still has a NC # and there is no reason for anyone in NC who isn't in my contacts to be calling me, so I refuse to answer any numbers I don't recognize.  They rarely leave messages and, if they do, it's usually a recording about "your credit card account" or something along those lines.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-15 12:04 PM
Can I share something just for laughs? This slideshow of single photos summing up each of the 50 states is making me laugh so hard I am almost crying. If you need a chuckle today, this is SFW: http://offbeat.topix.com/slideshow/17847?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=17847&utm_term=BFEESOQHIHHR75EF
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-06-15 12:10 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-15 2:07 PM
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-06-15 1:19 PM
Frustrated about something at work - stupid issue that I walked right in to because I didn't know there was a history.  My fault for not asking.  Sigh.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-15 2:00 PM
you can't be expected to ask about EVERY political issue. Your boss should have told you.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-15 2:11 PM
I hate things like that.  How does a person know to ask something that they don't know about?  They can't!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-15 2:01 PM
I've been looking into filing a complaint against my old therapist. This makes me sad. My last correspondence to them was postmarked June 30. In it I gave them 14 days to respond and to get me a copy of my files. I've had radio silence since then.  If I don't get something in tomorrow's mail, I'll file.  Preparing documents tonight. :meh:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-15 2:10 PM
:sad::hug::hug:
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2017-06-15 2:31 PM
:sad: you mean May 30 I think? But wow, that's really incompetent. Sorry it's come to this. Doesn't bode well for her practice.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-15 2:49 PM
Yes, may. Good catch.

No, it doesn't bode well. I liked her a lot as a therapist.  But this is not cool.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-15 4:05 PM
:meh: to your former therapist.  It's a sucky thing to have to do, but the way she and her practice have treated you is unacceptable and you don't want other clients to have to deal with the same crap.  Other clients may not be willing or able to file a complaint, so you may be helping other people without even knowing it. :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-06-15 4:12 PM
I'm here!  Finally sitting down.  I was gone for a couple of days for a concert (photos here for those who aren't on FB), so I got home yesterday evening and spent the entire day today mowing, cleaning, and doing (other people's) laundry.

I met up with runningmomto6 last night!  Spccer6 was supposed to join us as well, but she was going out to her car and missed the last step and rolled her ankle. :cry:  It was nice to finally get to meet RMT6, though!
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2017-06-15 7:29 PM
Cool concert! And cool to meet rm6. How is she doing?
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-16 8:44 PM
Haven't seen M in years, how is she?
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-17 9:08 AM
M is doing well.  Glad to get away for a few days. :laugh:  Her oldest is married now and the youngest is 6 (I think).
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:28 PM
I am done with my job! Today was my last day. :grin: started working at new job already and I'm excited, very different and part time.
- - By stickywicket Date 2017-06-15 3:55 PM
DH took ministicky to the men's room at a restaurant. Mini peed in a stall and came out to wash his hands when a man came in to use a urinal. Apparently mini rushed over to the guy and asked him, "are you doing wees now?" And kept wanting to check it out. The man was not entirely impressed.:blush::laugh:

The case for family toilets was made.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-15 5:08 PM
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-06-15 8:29 PM
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday NRR