Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fearless Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-06-16 5:15 AM
:::scratch, scratch::: The mosquitoes are fearless. : pbbt: :meh:
Post.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-06-16 5:16 AM
Wednesday it was hot so I went out early with the ice kerchief. I did 3 hill repeats and my total time was 100 minutes. I ran into a friend and we had a great talk. She also goes to the same gym I use and also gets pestered by the old men.
Thursday I went out early with lots of neckerchief ice. I got in a good 60 minutes and hill repeats 3X.
Today I hope to go out early with ice. I have a nasty blistered mosquito bite on my ankle. We’ll see how that goes. It puffs up and gets hot. I iced it last night. Hope I don't have to go to the doc. :roll:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-16 9:45 AM
2500 yard swim. Lots of pull stuff and stuff with paddles. Pool was full today. I was happy as my time getting out coincided with the flapper lady getting in. This is the lady who wears flippers for all swimming and when she turns at the end of the lane smashes the flippers down so that it makes a very loud startling slapping sound. Gets me every time I swim with her for the first 5 or so times she does it.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-16 3:00 PM
I wish flapper lady wore a flapper dress to swim in.  THAT would be cool!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-17 4:48 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-16 10:13 AM
2.5 miles with the running clinic last night. Slower but better than Wednesday night. I've been cleaning up my eating so I think part of my fatigue is my poor body having to look beyond simple sugars for fuel :roll: I know that will fix itself in a few days

In exciting news I got new shoes :grin: After 16 years I've broken up with Adrenalines - other than a few months wearing Adidas when I was in Baghdad and the PX only had them, I've never run in anything else so it feels a bit like I'm betraying them :laugh: I tried the NB 860 and the guy who watched me walk/run said I was still pronating (as indeed he said I was in the Adrenalines) so we tried a motion control instead of stability & they apparently looked better and my knee immediately felt better so I'm the proud owner of a pair of Saucony Redeemer ISO.  Zip - you said you got Saucony's motion control model so does that make us shoe buddies again?  My only concern is that way back I got a gait analysis done at curlygirls' store and they specifically put me into stability over motion control - but hey that was ~10 years & quite a lot of poundage ago so I'm going to try these for the summer and see what I think. I'll probably get a true video gait analysis done later in the year.

Actually that's a lie - I have another concern - they're ugly. Almost entirely black which I don't like - too bad the stores here don't have the nice silver/blue version I see online :sad:: pbbt:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-16 11:04 AM
Hey, Nomad...I just double-checked my Sauconys, and I got the Guide 9, which are actually stability shoes. So not quite twinsies for us on the shoe thing yet. : pbbt: But they do feel really good, I have to say.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-16 4:21 PM
Well, with our height difference I'm pretty sure we weren't going to be sharing shoes anyway : pbbt::hug: Glad to hear the Guides are feeling good - my first run with the Redeemers will be tomorrow morning so we'll see if they redeem my running :blush:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-16 5:27 PM
I shall await your report!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-16 3:01 PM
How's your back?
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-06-16 4:18 PM
Painful in the morning but it gets better during the day so I'm guessing my mattress isn't helping (it's not the cause as this started when I was in AZ). I have an acupuncture session booked for tomorrow (yay, I'd almost forgotten :grin:) and then I'm on site next week where the mattresses are really solid which is great for me - everyone else complains : pbbt: - so I'm hoping between the acupuncture and 6 nights on a better mattress I'll be in much improved. And who knows, maybe these new shoes that supposedly fix my overpronation will help as well.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-16 11:10 AM
Stoopid mosquitoes. Leave Judy alone! :mutmad:

Not sure what the workout today will be. I biked for 45 min yesterday, just to get some movement. Knee feels great, but left calf and left shin are a little tight today, even after foam rolling. The calf is fine, but I don't want to do a workout that will further tighten the shin and maybe trigger shin splints, ya know? So my choices are to get in the water or just do more biking. I am not feeling the love for the indoor pool right now, though, because it is summer vacation and mobbed with wee sprats clogging the lanes as they zip in to retrieve their diving toys and inflatable balls and such. (**shakes cane, shouts "get off my lawn!**)

So I guess biking and upper body again.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-16 4:23 PM
I am notorious for turning around and leaving the pool area if there are any children there :laugh: Of course being in the same building makes that less of a time waste. Yes they are perfectly entitled to be there but I'm also entitled to not want to deal with the noise and distraction...usually I just take the chance to hang in the hot tub instead and call it a workout :blush:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-16 5:30 PM
I bailed. My calf and shin are just tight enough that I figured I'd be conservative and give them a day off. Patience now will pay off later, right?
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-06-16 5:32 PM
Patience now will pay off double later :hug:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-16 2:57 PM
The online yoga studio that moonglow told me about is having a 12 day yoga challenge, so I'm trying to do yoga every day for 12 days. Today is day 5. (I probably won't do shabbat). I did a beginner backbend one today. I thought I'd have to step back to beginner for backbends, but it was pretty easy, so I'll try an intermediate one next time.  Yesterday I did a balance one, which was great. I need more help with balance!!
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-16 4:16 PM
Fearlessly up a street named "Tower Drive" -- so called because it does go up a towering cliff -- and then along Skyline Drive. Nice 7 miles.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fearless Friday dailies