Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday Has it been canceled?
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-06-16 9:27 AM
It's Friday.  But it appears that the masters have decided to roll right into the weekend and not bother with Friday. 

What's up this weekend?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-06-16 9:33 AM
Enjoying my time here in the Western Carolina Mountains.   Fog clouds covered the mountain tops with long tentacles reaching down the valleys.  The clock moves way too fast when I'm down here.   No intentional running, but lots of walking. 

No special plans this weekend,  helping son in law redeck the deck.    

Tom in NC
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-16 9:48 AM
2500 yard swim with lots of pull stuff.

The weekend? Stuff. Lots of stuff.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-16 10:22 AM
I ran 4.45 miles this morning then walked a while until my Garmin made it to 60 minutes so I can get 2 points in the work health challenge.  (They award points in 30 minute increments up to 3 per day.)

Got a problem at work which is killing me.  My fear is we paid some claims wrong on a certain plan a couple years ago, but I can't figure out how it happened or if they are even wrong.  The one person I need to get some input from is hiding from email and instant messenger. Probably so she can get some work done before getting around to email.  She's out west so she only started working an hour or so ago.  I'll give her time before I mess up her day like mine is.

No real "plans" for the weekend.   Go for a run in the morning tomorrow and then see where the day goes.  Sunday is church and it is our week to man the coffee area so I'll have to go in early and stay late. 

I wish I had some motivation to work over the weekend so I could get some important work done, but I can barely motivate myself to work when I am supposed to. :roll:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-16 10:47 AM
those cooling rags from yesterday.....they make them to line your dog's bed.  if you had a dog.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-16 2:20 PM
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up one of the cooling towels.  I should have taken in on my run today but I forgot.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-16 11:12 AM
I can rarely do school work over the weekend.  So many Fridays I bring home work that I need to do and I don't even look at it until Monday morning. 

A buddy of mine who also runs does the health challenge for points.  I probably could benefit from that too.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-16 2:19 PM
Turns out the claims were ok but it sure ruined my day researching them.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-16 10:45 AM
Storms rolled through last night and knocked the temps back into the 60's.  So it was comfortable for a bit.  Opened the windows, aired out the house, closed it all up tight again to keep the cold air in.  Only mid 70's today so I hope to not turn on the a/c.

Just finished bodysculpt; abs and glutes and legs.  One pan of regular sized cupcakes and one pan of mini's cooling on the counter.  They go next door for the retirement/father's day/birthday/surprise party tomorrow.  And I have a pasta salad for tonight about 1/2 way done.  Amy's making ham and cheese sliders - I only had to make the 'go with'.

I'll probably spend the rest of the day with a book.  6 years ago today was my first day of retirement.  I think I'm settling in nicely.:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-16 10:59 AM
Happy Retirement Anniversary!

Wish I lived nearby so I could partake of the goodies!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-16 11:04 AM
I love pasta salad.  I also think I would love retirement.  You seem to be a very content and happy retiree!:happy:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-16 11:00 AM
This morning Melissa and I went to update insurance policies mandated per school district.  I got up early and ran 14.14 miles so we could leave by 9:00.  Afterwards, Melissa went to the grocery store and I hung out at the library.

Tomorrow morning my buddy Eddie and I may go for a bike ride.  After that we are preparing for the upcoming VBS. 

Melissa and I may go to the movies tonight.  Pirates of the Caribbean.  I don't even remember much about the other Pirate movies, but it will provide good entertainment for a couple of hours, maybe.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-16 11:01 AM
Friday can't be canceled -- it's the beginning of the weekend!

Nothing much going on here today.   My husband watered and bought a few more plants.  Father's Day gathering at my house this year, so I need to get ready for that -- not much to do though.

Enjoy your Fabulous Friday!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday Has it been canceled?