Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Going to Quebec in mid to the end of August
- - By Elcontador [us] Date 2017-06-17 12:24 AM
Never been there before.  Am studying the Living Language Beginner French course.  I think it's important to try to show some respect for my hosts; whenever I've done something like this in the past, I've always been glad I did it.
Game plan is a few days in Montreal, first.  Don't know much about the place except everyone seems to like it.  I will rent a car after leaving Montreal.  I know it's too early for fall colors, but would like to do some scenic drives, some hiking and running.

Am thinking of spending a few days in the eastern cantons, maybe Magog, Mt. Hereford and am wondering if Sherbrooke is worth a visit.  Is Trois-Rivières worth a visit?  I think the Circ du Soleil is there, which in itself might be worth checking out.  On to the City of Quebec.  I also want to visit Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, and check out the inland fjord, and I think there is whale watching at that time of year.  There is a lot of hiking and scenery in the park.  Would like to do some kayaking with a group, as I've only been in a kayak once before.  I would also like to visit the Parc Mauricie, though I have to spend more time researching that.

The tourist literature for Quebec, from what I have seen so far, isn't quite as well organized as its counterpart for my Nova Scotia and Cape Breton trip last year, but I haven't had much time to look at it yet.

Any words of wisdom are most appreciated.  I have been told that the worst of the bugs are gone by mid August.  I know that Quebecois aren't like Boudreaux and Thibidoux, but not much else.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:15 AM
Go to Target.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2017-06-17 8:51 PM
Go to Schwartz's Deli in Montreal.
Parent - By JimGo1 Date 2017-06-18 6:35 PM
My daughter just got back from Quebec city.   She is in french immersion - all her classes and speaking at school is in french.   The class went for 3 days.   They went to the aquarium and a bunch of sights - citadel etc.   If I were going this would be my choice - Quebec City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour where busses travel to all the popular destinations and you sight see at your own pace.  People very friendly and most speak english.  The waterfalls are pretty impressive.  Have fun !
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Going to Quebec in mid to the end of August