Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunny Saturday, 17 June 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:14 AM
Good morning!

Is everyone getting ready to celebrate Father's Day?  What are your plans?

Anyone racing?  Slacking?:laugh:

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:56 AM
I was up early for a humid 5.76 mile run.  I went to the usual park but instead of running the park roads I stuck to doing loops around the "lake".  It is supposed to be .65 around.  I did an easy loop followed by a not as easy loop.  9 loops all together which should have been 5.85. but Garmin reported 5.76.  Close enough.

It was super humid and pretty heavy fog.  For the last 2 laps, since there weren't many people around and it was still foggy, I took off my shirt.  I hope there aren't any cameras at the lake.  I would hate for that picture to get out to the public.  It sure felt much better without the shirt.  I was soaked like I had jumped in the lake and the shirt was getting heavy.

I took extra water, some Fig Newtons, and some coffee to my run so I sat around afterward and enjoyed watching the sun come up over the hills and start burning away the fog.

Then I went home, put on my swimsuit, and jumped in the condo pool.  I read a little while by the pool until the sun made it past the roof line of the clubhouse and I lost the shade.

Want to know what I did next?  I went to Jolly Pirate donuts to order some to bring to church tomorrow and then I went to WalMart for a new shower caddy.  My new soap is in a bottle too tall to fit in my old one so I bought a new one.  I probably could have poured the soap into a smaller bottle and save $15 but I like the new bottle better.

When I checked out, the cashier rang up 2 shower caddies, and since I had already inserted my credit card, the charge went through.  I had to go to customer service and wait 25 minutes to get a refund which they said will take 12 days to appear on my card. :roll:

We have 2 WalMarts near us in about equal distances.  One to the west and one to the east.  The one to the west is a nice store with normal people.  But I went to the eastern one (because it was closer to the donut shop).  That place can be a real freak show and it did not disappoint today.  I keep telling myself that these are humans like me with the same life and emotions, but man oh man, the outfits people were wearing and the massive bodies.  Wow.

I should mention I got a couple donuts and coffee for immediate consumption while I was there ordering stuff for tomorrow.  I felt obligated to do so for some reason. :wtf:

The Region I Youth US Soccer Presidents Cup are in town today through Monday.  I think the town population has doubled.  Cindy's sister could not find a hotel room so she is staying with us.  She is always welcome but she feels like she is putting us out so she was going to stay in a hotel.  When we go to dinner tonight, we are going to leave town to find a restaurant.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:07 AM
donuts are always the right thing to do. every time. what kind did you get?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-17 11:00 AM
Honey Dew and Chocolate Iced Cream Filled
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 11:02 AM
that's my favorite, that and powdered cream filled. vanilla cream. yummy.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-06-17 9:14 AM
I love donuts. :hug: What kind did you get?

But, I won't set foot in Wal-Mart. I vow that will NOT change when I move and have few options. No. Just, NO.
:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:31 AM
You are a good person for keeping your cool in Walmart.  It is so easy to sink to their level when you are in their store.   Congrats on the run.  Humidity would beg me to bail after a couple loops.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:09 AM
Saturday.

10.06 hot and gross miles. I tried to throw some pep in me step but the heaviness of the day forced me to slow it down. I'm not upset. I got two 10 milers in this week. :happy:

I would like to go out to eat tonight. I'm feeling me some Mexican food.

Tomorrow. Nothing that I know of, I took my Dad out to dinner a few weeks back.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-06-17 9:15 AM
Nachos? Those probably aren't really Mexican though. Just good. :laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:46 AM
Oh I think nachos are Mexican food.  Especially if you put beans, cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo and some fajita meat -- yummy!  How about a nice cold beer to go with that or a top shelf margarita?
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:39 AM
I can hardly wait now. :laugh:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-06-17 1:05 PM Edited 2017-06-17 1:07 PM
Can't do tequila and margaritas, they hate me... but a good brew? oh yeah. I'm there. :cool:

ETA: I had some amazeballs nachos in Fairbanks. Is that real? :wink:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:32 AM
Super, Geel.  good running in the humidity.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:39 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:38 AM
My sore throat has moved on down to my lungs.  Pretty much having a pity party today.  coughed all night, not enough rest, not really at my best today.   I'll lay low and hope for a better day tomorrow.

Amy is 22 today.  There is a chocolate cake on the counter.  I was kind of hoping she'd want to dig into it at breakfast but no.   So I'm greatly anticipating lunch.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:45 AM
Happy Birthday Amy!

Hope you feel better -- summer colds are the worst!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:41 AM
first :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: I hope you feel better. I often wonder why when we are sick sleep eludes us. It's when we need it most. I also wish I had some solid advice for you but I don't.

second::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you are my kind of people. However, there would be finger marks in that icing at my house. Happy day Amy. 22 is fun.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-17 11:24 AM
blahblahblahchocolatecakeblahblahblah
Oh I mean HB Amy! And I hope you feel better! Amanda has the same summer cold. It's making the nausea worse :sad:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-06-17 1:06 PM
All I saw was chocolate cake. :blush:
But then, I read you feel like crapola... feel better! :hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-17 9:48 AM
Well I was out working in the yard and came in to cool down and take a break.  Now I want donuts and chocolate cake thanks to Dave and Dawn!

And we were planning to go out for Mexican food this evening.  New place in town and the nachos look pretty good!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:42 AM
dang. yes, wait for me and order me a serving with all of the fix'n
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:49 AM
I'll take a picture and post!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-17 11:03 AM
YES!
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-06-17 1:05 PM
Please?? :shocker!:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:50 PM
Awe man...my husband decided to cook steaks instead of going out to eat Mexican food.  So the nachos will have to wait.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-17 11:22 AM
I shifted the weekend workouts and ran 8 today on the TM. I am celebrating Fathers Day by going to the trail to ride 4 hours. I assume J will be playing on the computer. No racing for me until July.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-06-17 1:55 PM
I slept not so great and then did some homework. I'm in the city so I purged several items and put them outside. They were gone in a few minutes. We have a lot of homeless or shelter residents in my neighborhood so most of us put out clothes and small items in a basket and they get taken up quickly most of the time. Win for me. No lugging stuff to Goodwill. :happy:

With my new summer schedule I have Sunday's off so tonight is my last night. There is a wedding on the island today. The tent was pretty amazing. Looks to be 150 guests. I'm sorry to miss the festivities. It's a crapload of work to host a wedding on an island. The kids put up the flags of Scotland and the US except they put the Scotland on top of the pole because they thought it would make the groom's parents from Scotland feel welcomed. Nice sentinent, hearts in the right place, but I'm certain when I was in junior high school I knew the US flag should go on top. (Unless you're in Texas :wink:) Danny explained that it should be switched since you can see it from the water and he wanted to thwart any complaints plus it was on the part of the island that was a fort in WW1 and WW2. :laugh:

Tomorrow's a sleep and swim day. How's that for a brick?

:grin:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-17 5:12 PM
Oh boy on the flag! But it sounds like a lovely place for a wedding! Speaking of flags, apparently Philly got a boatload of crap because they added a brown and black stripe to the LGBTflag and then flew it on a flag pole next to a pole that had the American Flag. People were in a freaking uproar over the added black and brown stripes and then some were in an uproar because the flag shouldn't have been on the same height as the American flag. While I know the rule of the American Flag being on top, I don't know the rules for multiple poles, but I was sitting there reading comments and thought, don't we have better things to do than get our panties in a wad over flags?
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-06-17 7:36 PM
Multiple poles still require the American flag higher than the other flags. But I think you can fly them regardless of distance between. My husband was a stickler for flag rules and flying a flag which fits the pole. Apparently there is a formula of sorts related to pole height and square inches the flag should be. I'm surprised Sheldon didn't cover that on Big Bang Theory on his Fun With Flags show. :laugh::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunny Saturday, 17 June 2017