Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Warriors RR and NRR
- - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:24 AM
What is everyone doing this weekend?
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:24 AM
I got up early because I couldn't sleep any longer. I did a 2 miler again with some running thrown in. I wish I was back to running the whole time. I keep telling myself soon. After that, I did some cleaning and wrote an evaluation. School will be finished this week, so I have some paperwork that needs to get done. Mostly I am done.:happy:. My agency gave me some summer kids, which will be good and DH is working overtime. This is the first summer in many years that I have a lot of free time. I think that now that it has sunk in, I realize that it will be good. I am not a sitter though, but I have enough hobbies to keep me busy. I'm going to Starbucks in a few minutes for my knitting group.
Have a good day!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 12:32 PM
Good you are having fun and keeping busy.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 6:53 PM
Sounds like a good summer!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 10:43 AM
Heading to the gym. Gonna do the bike and walk thing.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 2:45 PM
Hope your workout was satisfying.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-17 11:25 AM
8 on the mill this morning. Riding long tomorrow at the trail.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 2:45 PM
Hope everything cooperates for your long ride.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 12:37 PM
I had s good run. 10 miles that felt like quality with the Saturday group. We hung around after and I realized I wasn't feeling too hot. People were asking me questions which is normally ok but I kept wanting to sneak away since I was having nausea and stomach cramps.:cry: We were sitting in a booth which made it harder. Finally I tapped someone on the shoulder, explained I wasn't feeling well and hightailed it out of the restaurant. Kind a bad ending to a good run.:meh:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 6:52 PM
:cry::hug:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-06-17 2:06 PM
26.2 miles in the heat, humidity and sun :meh: O got to run me in and volunteer handed her the medal to give me, then handed her a second one. She was so excited to have matching medals.
This summer running is awful! I'm done signing up for races that don't start early. I'm usually out running at 5am, today started 7:45 and only first 4 miles were comfortable temperature.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 2:47 PM
I cant imagine doing a full in this weather. I did 10 and it was no picnic.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-17 6:02 PM
Congrats on finishing!  I can't even imagine attempting a summer marathon. :cry:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 6:52 PM
:cry: Too hot!!  :cool::cool:  Awesome that O gets a matching metal!  Good job!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:06 PM
Wow! Congrats on the marathon finish!
Parent - By prairierunner [us] Date 2017-06-18 9:43 AM
I bow down -- no how, no way could I contemplate a summer marathon.  Good job, and yay for O getting a medal:cool:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-19 6:37 PM
I take it now is not a good time to mention Missoula, July 9?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-06-19 8:32 PM
:laugh: nope, I think I'm done with summer marathons!
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-17 2:34 PM
A full afternoon of adulting last night, but my car has an oil change, emissions check, new registration, and will have a new air filter momentarily.   Today was fishing and boating this morning (looking forward to not needing to deal with the public launch in a few weeks when we have deeded access to the lake).

Now the girls are rolling dice for what to pack next for summer camp :laugh:.  They invented this game where the checklist is labeled with numbers & they go through rolling dice.  Whatever works, I guess.  I've finished making their thumbprint camp journals & printed those out last night.  They'll get them in the first night's "Mail Call", along with tiny ink pads to make fingerprint pictures with for the journal.  They'll also get a tiny clip-on plushie, and mini bubbles sometime this week.   I think I may print out cootie catchers or something, too, for the fun of it.

No rest for the wicked...this week is sleep-away camp drop-off, final walk-through of the house, closing, super-early conference calls with other continents, and a presentation of my research.   Once closing is done, there will be a mad rush to move a whole bunch of stuff to the new house quickly so we can get this house onto the market quickly.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 2:48 PM
That's a whole lot of activity.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:43 PM
Rolling dice for what to pack next for camp? That sounds more complicated than necessary, but hey, if they are having fun and motivated to get it done this way, cool!

OMG. So much for you to do this week, Mickey!
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:53 PM
You've never met OG. : pbbt: She makes math problems more difficult in school, to "make it interesting, mom :roll:".
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:56 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:57 PM
:cool:
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:35 PM
(mombrag) I had her mentally calculate the sale price of a gift for her sister tonight at Meijer, 16.00 at 40% off : pbbt:, to figure out if she could afford to buy it.  Then, when I made her do the self-checkout, she immediately rang up that first to check if her math was correct :laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-18 9:35 AM
:cool:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-18 11:42 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 6:38 PM
I was nauseous and pretty weepy from Tuesday night until Thursday night.  I hate that feeling.  Took Friday off work and did a lot of nothing, a bath and a 3 hour nap.  Got up and joined DH in the theater room, and got a migraine.  Not much nausea today, so I biked around the lake and on the Dam Road!  :grin:  It was closed to cars for a bike ride, and I was about the only one on it when I went across!  Usually no bikes are allowed; so I haven't ridden across it before.  Interesting to get a different view from up there.  And this way I would do less hills.  So I went on a bike path that skips more hills, and saw a deer in a creek below the bridge.  There was another one lounging in the dirt under the bridge as well.  And I saw another deer in the meadow a mile from home.  So that was nice.  I did super easy ride, but the fatigue hit anyways, and I fell asleep for another 2 hours this afternoon.  DH rode for 5.5 hours.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:44 PM
Oof on the nausea and fatigue. Is it all migraine-related, or simply muscle fatigue now that you are more active?
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 8:25 PM
I think just from fatigue from the surgery, made worse by working overtime, and suddenly being able to bike more, so I did, followed by PT, and added in a walk with the pups as well, since I could.  I was doing this everyday, and suddenly I was nauseous everyday.  And need naps.  I get nauseous from fatigue.  That was my number one symptom from mono when I was in HS.  :meh:  Now I don't know what is overdoing it and what is an acceptable amount of activity.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-18 9:35 AM
I'm sorry. :sad:  It sucks to have to figure out "normal" again.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:55 PM
I thought maybe heat related? Nausea is the pits.  I still get occasional migraines especially when I exert myself in the heat.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 8:26 PM
Certainly, riding in the heat and having two efforts in mid Zone 4 put me over the edge, but that was Tuesday.  :sad:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:57 PM
Good workout today. I did my hour on the bike. I'm pedaling at a higher RPM, and managed 15 miles in an hour! This is up from 10 miles when I was first cleared to start biking.

T-bone joined me at that point and we did our separate workouts together, if that makes sense. I did a bunch of leg PT with resistance bands and stability ball, worked my core with leg raises and Russian twists, then did a half-hour on the TM. My gait has gotten a lot smoother and less clunky, and I feel a lot more relaxed moving around. I still take it very easy when turning or moving side to side, but a normal walk feels pretty normal now.

Came home and did some house stuff with T-bone. He taught me some basics of how to shape metal with a hammer and I "dished" a few pieces of metal that will eventually become leg armor before starting dinner. Even 15 minutes of hammering gave me new respect for blacksmiths, though. Wow.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-17 7:59 PM
A good day.:cool:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:05 PM
Si. Verdad.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-17 8:27 PM
:cool:  That sounds wonderful!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:07 PM
DS1's buddy who had rotationplasty on Tuesday went home today!!!  He's an incredible kid.  The baseball team visited him in the hospital yesterday and they face timed him tonight after winning a hard fought game.  We were at a Mexican restaurant while they were face timing, and about 15 minutes later we got word that an insurance issue had been worked out and he was headed home.  I told the boys and they shouted and hooted and hollered.  It warms my heart that they're treating him as if nothing has changed.  One of the kids asked coach today if they could reserve Jude's number for next season because "he's coming back, and once a Hawk, always a Hawk".  He's got a road ahead of him to come back, but he was doing leg lifts tonight while waiting for the insurance stuff to get worked out.  He's motivated, and I have no doubt he'll do it.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-06-18 9:33 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

How is your ankle doing?
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-06-18 3:50 PM
Ankle is improving.  It's starting to turn green and yellow.  Headed to Disney right now, so I suspect it's not going to be happy.  Oh well.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-17 8:15 PM
We spent the day going around Custer State Park then wine tasting near Mt. Rushmore.

Tomorrow, church, long drive, then FE dinner in Big Mountain State City. We fly home on Monday.

It has been so great seeing DD.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-18 9:34 AM
:grin:  See you tonight!
Parent - By runnertype [us] Date 2017-06-18 10:12 AM
Nice to see you guys! Safe travels back!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-18 11:38 AM
Yeah, see you tonight!!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-06-18 9:32 AM
I ran 14.6 this morning.  I didn't feel awful, but it was slow.  It's always hard for me to come to terms with how slow summer running is.  Running and listening to music is about as close as I get to quiet these days. :roll:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-18 9:35 AM
Enjoy the peace and quiet!  :hug:
Parent - By prairierunner [us] Date 2017-06-18 9:49 AM
OMG, yes.  Summer running is such a mindf*ck.  But at least you're out there!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-18 11:39 AM
That is the hard part of running in the heat: adjusting pace downward. It was a little easier for me to accept once I started using the HRM, because watching my heart rate helped me SEE how much harder I was working in the heat. But still...sloggity-slog-slog-slog.
Parent - By prairierunner [us] Date 2017-06-18 9:48 AM
Did my 13 miles on the TM yesterday, as the weather was iffy.  Ended up being the right decision, as I needed a bathroom at the halfway mark.  All in all, an easy run that felt good.

Today is up in the air.  Currently 60*, so might head to the gym at noon for some XT.  If DS doesn't have to work, we might head out for some computer shopping and a Costco run.  Shopping sounds more fun that hitting the gym, so here's hoping he doesn't have to work!

As for NRR, if anyone could send me some creative vibes, that would be awesome.  I'm putting together a Snapfish book of DS's senior year for the grandparents, and it's so challenging for this non-creative person.: pbbt: Why do I do this to myself?!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-18 11:47 AM
Looking forward to the FE tonight!

Also fretting about Dali again. She had perked up for a bit after getting her UTI treated, but now she is having issues again. She is using the box, but also having episodes of vomiting and explosive diarrhea where it is clear she was TRYING to get to the box but didn't make it. I do not suspect a blockage based on how much:meh: DOES make it into the litterbox, but something is making her miserable. She is going to go to the vet as soon as I can get her an appointment this week and we will have her blood levels checked for signs of kidney failure or liver issues or whatever else they feel might be causing this. I'm pretty worried about her, poor little bug. :meh::sad:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-18 3:06 PM
Oh no! We are worried about Squirtle as well. Late yesterday afternoon he started walking with his head cocked at a weird angle. He's still eating, drinking, peeing and pooping but he is NOT right. We had an issue with his thyroid pen last week so it could be that or it could be the diabetes. We have an appointment tomorrow for Luna (she had a cherry eye all day friday so we made an appointment but it fixed itself in the night) but I didn't cancel the appointment so we will switch up animals. I hope Dali will be ok :hug:
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-06-18 2:18 PM
Friday Gavin fell playing "manhunt" (team based hide and seek) on a kids knee, guess he fell just right so his collerbone cracked. Ended up in urgent care all evening. He has a sling now and Orthopedist visit Monday. I don't know if they can do much for him but maybe a better sling. It will be tough this summer in camp when he has a swimming or other kind of activity but the director said he can bring his ipad and use that if he can't play or join in. No amusement parks or water parks however.

We did visit my dad yesterday and not much going on today.

I did run in my new Altras (thanks Zipper) and I really love them.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-19 7:45 PM
:sad::sad: Oh, no!  What did the orthopedist say?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-06-19 8:25 PM
Hope the. Ortho can help.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-22 11:03 AM
Hope it heals quickly. DS broke his wrist Memorial Day weekend a few years ago and couldn't do most activities all summer.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Warriors RR and NRR