Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Muscle Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-06-19 5:05 AM
We are getting stronger! :grin:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-19 5:07 AM
Thursday was 60 minutes on the trail with ice and hill repeats.
Friday was 65 minutes on the trail with ice kerchief.
Saturday was SDO period.
Sunday Buddy and I were out in the heat (I was wearing ice) for 75 minutes on the trail. There was a good wind though and it helped a lot.
Today I hope to do a light easy run on the trail.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-19 9:01 AM
ice ice baby
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-19 7:34 AM
Busy day today; lots of running around to do, but I hope to get a gym workout this afternoon.

Had a really nice FE last night with Arimathea and her mom; Stormchaser and City DNA; Tritri and Mr. Tritri. :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-19 8:15 AM
I am so jealous of your FE.
That's a lot of forumites!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-06-19 9:30 AM
What a fun FE!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-19 9:31 AM
How fun!
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-06-19 12:43 PM
FUN FE!!!!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-19 6:41 PM
It was good to see all of you!
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-06-19 6:58 PM
It was a ton of fun!!  :grin::happy::grin::happy::hug:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-19 7:41 AM
I'm up on site this week so no idea what I'm going to be able to do/not do.

Saturday: 2.66 miles - slow but felt good in the new shoes. Very little shin pain & even my dodgy knee felt good while running
Sunday: 4.36 miles with the run club. It was the local marathon so only 5 of us total :shocker!: It was about the same pace as Saturday, in better weather, so I need to look at pacing: either I'm too fast with the group doing LSD or I'm not pushing myself enough on steady runs alone

Shoe report: I thought I had a hot spot when I first started out on Saturday & it was still a bit strange on Sunday...but nothing noticeable on my foot once the shoes are off so I think it'll be OK. Otherwise they feel fine running albeit heavier than I'm used to. My shin pain disappeared entirely so that was obviously due to old shoes; my knee pain disappeared while running but then came back later so I think maybe I should look at orthotics for daily wear.  Oh, and my back is still iffy but better as the day goes on. Basically, I'm falling apart :cry::laugh:
But it sounds like your falling apart is moving around :cry::laugh:  I'm glad you remedied the shins.  The knee pain that disappears while running sounds like good old fashioned runner's knee- maybe exercises/stretches might help?
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-06-19 8:14 AM
Last week of school.:grin: I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I stayed up. I did my usual 2 miles with running thrown in. Saturday I did the same and yesterday I took a rest day. This week I am hoping to add some core work into my schedule, but I am terrible about doing them. It is so wonderful to be running again and I am hoping I can bump it up soon. Tomorrow I had an appointment with the ortho, but I have to change it because I can't leave work early. Their hours are just inconvenient for me, but next week I will have most of the week off.
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-19 8:58 AM
Ooh that's an EARLY day- hope you don't crash later.  Last week!!
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-06-19 8:58 AM Edited 2017-06-19 9:02 AM
Morning, all!  I did 3.75 last night.  A lot of walking b/c DH had been on a beer bus tour thing earlier and was out walking the dog.  After I'd finished running I was trying to meet them and walk home together but DH was, er, a little relaxed in texting me where they were so I ended up walking several more blocks than I planned.  :laugh: 

The barre class was BRUTAL.  Lots of standing near the bar and holding on for support and moving legs this way and that.  I've never sweated so much in a class and I was sore for DAYS.  I can understand why people like it- it targets smaller muscles and would be a great complement to running, but I'm not sure it's for me.  Oof.

Tonight is run group.  The group won a beer tab a few weeks ago and didn't drink it all so we're going back to kill it tonight.  :laugh: 

Also, the zoo is advertising a local kid's 5K:  they swim in the summer floaty park, bike around the zoo, then run around the park.  Every time I hear the advert, I wonder why that has to be a kid thing.  : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-19 6:43 PM
Is there an age limit?

If there is, see if they can add an adult category, or volunteer. Especially if it means you get to wear your swimsuit and safeguard the kids in the floaty park.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-19 9:28 AM
Rare rest day here. Too much going on with the kids dance stuff. Ian is done for his part. I will post pics and hopefully the video later. In a little bit we start with Amanda who goes from 12:20 through 5:30. It's 5 dances (4 classes) and they are spread out just far enough to not have time or worth going home between them. Fun times. I think today is the worst of it.

Yesterday I rode 46.3 miles in 3 hours. I was supposed to ride for 4 but I was having issues: A) I forgot sunscreen, B) I forgot Benadryl in case I got hives (I got hives), C) My right SI joint was out of whack and very painful and D) I was having trouble breathing due to the high humidity (over 90%). I then ran 1 mile which also sucked seeing as I walked a lot of that mile :laugh: But I got a decent enough workout done.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-19 3:07 PM
Had a rough weekend emotionally, so had UDO both saturday and sunday. :sad: Slept for 12 hours or more each night.

Did a lot of gardening Sunday afternoon and woke up in the middle of last night with a very painful SI.  I've been taking walking breaks today and jut did a lower back and forward bend 30 min online studio class in my office. The back is feeling a TON better! No gardening for me today, however.: pbbt:
- By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-06-19 12:43 PM
The Altras appear to be very good. Not QUITE as cushy as my old Hoka Stinsons but midfoot strike and enough cushion and support and I love the wide toebox
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-19 6:42 PM
Getting rounder, definitely. Just back from visiting DD and I was not counting calories. Need to start that again.

4 miles this morning. Utterly flat run in office/hotel park near DIA. I looked at my Fitbit and couldn't figure out how I could have done the equivalent of 2 flights of stairs, then I remembered we were on the 3rd floor of the hotel. :blush:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Muscle Monday dailies