Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Time to post Tuesday
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-20 11:45 AM
You know what to do, so do it!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-20 11:56 AM
Thanks for starting the daily again BG!

My workout this morning was doing core & shoulder PT exercises and then swimming 1500 meters.  This was a modest 100 meter increase in my "shoulder rehab" swim distance.....baby steps & my shoulder tolerated it ok.

It's only a few degrees cooler here today but soooooo much less humid! 

This time each year I do the weather obsess drill, not for a race I'll compete in, rather those our running club puts on every other Tuesday evening.  After record setting heat for our 1st race last week, the high temp for our next race on Tuesday of next week is currently forecast to be 75!  ...but it's a week away & forecasts can change.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-20 2:27 PM
Less humid is always good news.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-20 3:10 PM
Less humid is WINNING!!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-20 11:58 AM
I couldn't think of anything pithy to post so y'all get a generic daily. : pbbt:

Run/workout: 5 easy sweaty miles this morning. 71* with a 70* dewpoint. :cry:Corporate softball after work. Last night I started a series of hip exercises that I did a few years ago when my hip flexor was cranky, it was only 1 set of 10 of 2 exercises with an easy resistance band, but I definitely felt it this morning! :shocker!:

Food/drink: leftovers and lots of water

Blather: still haven't started any wedding planning. Guess we should get on that.

Bonus: one of my young coworkers just signed up for her first marathon! She is doing Philly. I am so excited for her!
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-20 2:22 PM
Just don't let the wedding planning interfere with your training. :wink:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-20 3:11 PM
Do you know when you are getting married?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-21 7:37 AM
We are getting married maybe next spring? Summer if we don't get cracking on the planning
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-06-20 12:12 PM
Day 3 of no running:sad:. Sunday was a planned day off, then Sunday night I came down with a stomach bug. Monday was right out. Today was possible but I didn't feel 100% this morning so took one more rest day. I'm feeling mostly better and plan to run tomorrow.:happy:

Race report from the family reunion:
-The night before there was a lot of sizing up the competition and a little bit of trash-talking.
-The primary competition consisted of a trio of cousins' kids. One is 24, one is 19, and one is 13. I thought the 13-year-old girl was the most likely to take me down.
-Hello to a lot of relatives, then up a grass pathway from the backyard of my cousin's house to a trail through the woods.
-Line up and go. Mostly single-track in the early going, so I kind of went with the flow. It would have been bad form to elbow a little kid out of the way.
-As soon as the trail widened a bit I moved up to the front. 13-year-old girl did not give chase, so it was me and the 24yo and 19yo (who are brothers)
-24yo was a little slower, but it was neck-and-neck between me and 19yo for the first mile.
-Around mile 1 I achieved a little bit of separation from 19yo. I thought he was maybe 10-20 meters back. Then at one of the turns I took a look over my shoulder and there was nobody in sight.
-It turns out 19yo stopped and walked, and got passed by his older brother.
-From there it was just a matter of striding it in for the remainder of the race.
Bragging rights until the next family reunion!
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2017-06-20 1:24 PM
Always nice to be the top dog!
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-20 2:23 PM
Good job breaking their spirit! :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-21 7:37 AM
Nice job crushing the competition! :laugh:
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2017-06-20 1:28 PM
Made spaghetti for dinner last night.  It's a hot week here in California - even in the mountains.  Didn't start to cool down last night until after 10.  Decided to get out earlier than usual today - those noon or 1:00 runs are getting a bit warm for me, so I was out by 10 this morning.  Logged in 8 easy miles

Getting ready for the USATF National T&F Championships on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Planning on heading over to WS after the meet ends Saturday and hope to catch a few runners as they come out of the canyons.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-20 2:25 PM
Great spectating combo of track and ultra.  Have fun!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-20 2:14 PM
No run for me. The orthopod drained a few more quarts of fluid (exaggeration but it was a lot) from my left knee, put me on a week of prescription anti-inflammatories, compression sleeve, and requested I not run for 3 weeks. I probably compromise at 2.5. We'll see.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-20 2:26 PM
Uh oh.  What happened?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-21 7:38 AM
Wow :shocker!: Did you get a diagnosis?
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-20 3:06 PM
8 miles this morning and then lifted weights.  I can tell when I am in my good training mode: Every morning when I get out of bed, my legs are sore and I think "no way I can run today." Then I shuffle to the fridge to get water, change into running clothes, do some stretching and then take the dog for a 2-3 miler. Halfway thru the run with the dog my legs have loosened up and I feel good. So, I always go back out after I take Bogey home. It's the same thing every morning.... :happy:

Mrs. Rob got a new car today.  She narrowed it down to a Mazda 6 and a Honda Accord.  She went with the Mazda (her current car is an Accord). The Accord's seats were too hard and it had 2 video screens on the dashboard.  Having two is distracting and operating the radio, heat/cooling, etc. was not very intuitive.  The Honda salesman said that others have had similar complaints about the 2 screens.

Salmon for dinner tonight!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-21 7:39 AM
When it's COFFEE!!! day, do you drink coffee before your run or after? :wtf:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-06-21 10:05 AM
Usually after, especially in the summer.  In the winter I often run at lunch time and I am a morning COFFEE!!! drinker.
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-06-20 6:34 PM
Hi Martha!:hug:

No run! I had a meeting today after work. So I'm just stopping by to say hi.

:grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-21 7:38 AM
Hi Eric! :hug:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Time to post Tuesday