Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / it's a sign thursday daily
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-22 1:47 PM
have you had any signs lately? what are they telling you? 

just post.  :grin:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-22 1:59 PM
i'm not usually an afternoon runner but decided to join the group this evening. I can run with someone at a faster than a slog pace but not too fast. it's turned into a beautiful day and I'm looking forward to something a bit different. It was a sign that i was right to sleep in this morning.

Bad news yesterday. Dh's dad fell and has snapped his femur. :shocker!::cry: he was transported to the big trauma hospital here. I can see the hospital from my desk at work. Dh and his mom were at the hospital with him while they figured out what was going on. I messaged Dh if he wanted me to come to hospital after work. he said no. then as i'm on the bus texting Dh, Dh tells me he almost fainted in the ER after standing around for so long. :shocker!: DH knew what the feeling was fortunately and was able to get down on teh ground so he didn't pass out. The nurse suggested it probably wasn't a good idea to lie down on the floor of an ER room. :laugh: Then my bus died before it got on the freeway. I took that as a sign to go to the hospital. They are still waiting for surgery as f-i-l is on a blood thinner that needs to clear his system. he's in a lot of pain unfortunately.  :sad:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-22 2:31 PM
:cry::cry:  I'm sorry to hear all of this  :hug:  But yeah, definitely go to the hospital
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-22 5:11 PM
Oh no! :shocker!: Sorry to hear about DH's dad. I hope surgery goes well. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-06-22 5:39 PM
Yikes, hope the surgery goes well. What happened with Keith, not eaten enough?
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-22 10:03 PM
combo of dehydrated and stress, we think. i finally have hammered into him to bring a snack which he did but he goes into camel mode sometimes. :roll:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 11:48 AM
Oy, terrible about your FIL! Best wishes for a fast recovery!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-22 5:10 PM
I might have had a sign last week. I had multiple instances of deja vu in one day. That last time that happened I also had what I called an out of body experience...all afternoon at work I felt like I was outside myself watching what was happening. Everyone I talked to said I seemed normal that day. Then I had a string of super severe not normal (for me) migraines. Anyhow, I am hoping the deja vu is a sign of something cool and not a sign that I will have another episode like that!

Workout: 3 x 1 mile cruise intervals @8:48 with 1 min recoveries. 1 mi w/u and c/d. I was about 10 seconds fast for the first two and the last one was right on pace. Hip is nearly back to 100%! I attribute it to the hip strength workouts I started this week, I already feel a difference!

Blather: Busy time at work. Traveling to one client tomorrow, a different one on Monday, another one next Wednesday, and yet another on Thursday. Local tomorrow, the middle of nowhere, PA, on Monday, local again Wednesday and then NYC Thursday. And then I have to do my actual job some time in there as well. At least I won't get bored!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-06-22 10:02 PM
i hope you didn't get a migraine!  what a very strange experience. :wtf:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 11:52 AM
Hey, I ran with my running partner/ general buddy, Jackie, this morning and she said she met you and your fiance at a 5K a few days ago! So cool, my worlds collide.:laugh: Mike B. used to work where she works, and has coached her before.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / it's a sign thursday daily