Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Freaky Friday DAILY
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 11:59 AM
Anything freaky in your neighborhood today? Flash T-storms? Strange animals wandering the streets? Get any weird phone calls lately?

Plus the usual, workout, food, weekend plans, blather

Bonus: Is there anyone you would like to switch bodies with right now just for today?:laugh:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 12:31 PM
Freaky flash rainstorms have been coming down all day. It goes from no rain, to heavy downpour, to no rain... a break of a few hours, then it starts again. The bummer is that our high school graduation is tonight, followed by the big Project Graduation party. The theme for PG this year is Toy Story, and the props and set up is all but done.  The problem is, the paint used on all the elaborate props are water based, and these flash rainstorms are really messing them up!:shocker!: I think the kids will be happy no matter what, but I feel badly for everyone who worked so hard on the set for the party. OTOH, I don't have a kid graduating this year:laugh:, so part of me is a bit snarky about how much freakin' money they pour into Project Graduation every year.: pbbt:  Deer aren't exactly strange, except that we have a very suburban town, houses are fairly close together, and this morning I saw both a deer and a fox ambling across my neighbor's backyard, right outside my kitchen window. It's like the Wild Kingdom out there!: pbbt: I haven't been answering my phone much lately.

6 very humid, slow miles this morning with a friend of mine, who told me she met Beastie Girl at a 5K a few days ago. I love it when my worlds collide!:laugh::cool: After the run I spent about 45 minutes doing weight and core work on my dumpster diving treasures- did I mention this before?- a dog walking client of mine (the human not the dog: pbbt:) was about to throw out a weight bench and a body weight resistance machine, so I took them, and they are fantastic! The bench makes free weights a lot tougher, and the other thing has all these pulleys that you use to pull yourself up on a sliding bench, you can do 100 different exercises with it- though I'll probably use it for 3. There's also an attachment for pull-ups that I love! The only problem is that it's bigger than I thought it would be, and it's in my living room until I can clean my basement tomorrow.:laugh: But I'm pretty sore from all the weight work, though in a good way.

Bonus: Nope! I had an answer in mind when I posted the question, but after some thought, every scenario I conjured up just ended really, really badly.:laugh:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 2:16 PM
Uh, was that fox anywhere near the chickens/ducks your neighbor has?  :shocker!:

Nice catch on the weight machines :wink:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:51 PM
A fox, can't name names: pbbt:, broke into that neighbor's coop a few weeks ago and killed 2 of the 3 new chickens they recently brought home!:mutmad: Their duck, Ping, was so traumatized the next day.:sad: Their original chicken, Peggy, was killed by a hawk a few months before they got the new chickens. Honestly, they shouldn't have gotten new ones until they built some kind of enclosure, but my neighbor thinks that would be cruel, chickens need to have free range of the yard or something.:roll: I just hope they don't get anymore.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:34 PM
I love seeing foxes! :cool:

I forgot to tell you that I met Jackie! Michael B introduced us and told me that she knew you so we talked about how crazy you are for things like finishing a 100-miler when you couldn't even stand up straight with the assistance of a walking stick. :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:54 PM
I've seen a few foxes around Glen ridge:cool:, but one was roadkill.:sad:

:laugh: Yeah, I'll be laying off ultras for a long while. Jackie is great! She's always been just ahead of me at races, I was always chasing her. But we've both slowed way down over the last two years, and we're both hoping that Michael can help us get our training back on track.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-06-23 1:00 PM
We had some rain but nothing freaky. I did hear some odd booms like grand finale fireworks booms in the distance this morning. That was weird. There is also strange goings on at this house on our street and have been for sometime. Lots of cars (not cheap ones, Camaro BMW) and anytime I've seen people out and about they are very young, sort of like it's being rented to a group of young adults. Also at night there are a lot of weird bright white glowing lights in the house. We tend to think of it as the breaking bad house. Also, last year they had a lot of stuff done in the basement including an emergency egress so perhaps they've move the operation down there, as the white glowing upstairs is gone. Then again maybe they just changed lightbulbs!

Workout: Nope. Walk the dog tonight on the trail for 2 miles or so. Knee feels good actually.

Weekend plans: Nothing. Yardwork, swim, golf. Power lounge.

Bonus: Anyone with a non-arthritic left knee.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-23 1:13 PM
We were posting at the same time and I also referred to Breaking Bad in my post!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-23 1:48 PM
Anyone with a non-arthritic left knee.   Completely rules me out. :sad:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-23 2:01 PM
I heard the firework sounds this morning as well. Sounded REALLY close to us though.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 2:13 PM
Your neighbors sound very, uh, interesting, and not in a good way. 

Nice that your knee is feeling good!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:35 PM
Maybe the house is haunted?
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:58 PM
Maybe you should go over there one night and ask to borrow a cup of flour, just to see what they do.: pbbt:

Power lounging sounds really good to me!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-23 1:11 PM
Nothing freaky today, but we may have the remnants of Tropical Storm Cindy work its west end thunderstorms in to us the morning.  Any thunderstorms around here  can be freaky/dangerous around here.  I'm hoping it will just be rain as 70's and rain is about as good of weather as I can hope for a late June, 20 miler.

Three easy miles this morning followed by a banana and PB smoothie.  Dinner with friends tonight.  The rest of the weekend will involve re-watching the first season of Preacher which AMC is replaying as season two premieres Sunday night.  Blazerboy will most likely watch it with me as he didn't watch the first season. Last summer, I told him he would love it as it is very Tarrentino-esque, has great character conflict/development and there is a lot of "WTF is going on" which they then SLOWLY outline to you.  But he ignored me. Then, during this past school year, his film teacher and classmates raved about it, so NOW he wants to see it.

Blather: On the AMC front, does anyone else watch Better Call Saul?  We just watched the season three finale last night and were trying to think if any other spin-off has come close to being as good as the original.  I doubt I will ever think it is as good as Breaking Bad, but it is dang close.  The evolution of Jimmy to Saul is as interesting to watch as Walt to "Heisenberg".  We both love the complexity of Nacho and last night, realized he isn't in Breaking Bad.:shocker!: Now, we are speculating who kills him and why.

Bonus: I would switch bodies with someone who is not sitting at my desk right now, who doesn't need to finish this financial analysis and do a write up on it by the end of the day.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 2:11 PM
Oh gees, you are back to 20-milers again already?  :cry:  Well, your next marathon looks like it will be a fun FE.  Hopefully that motivates you through tomorrow's run!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:39 PM
We watch Better Call Saul, haven't seen the finale yet though. I didn't realize that Nacho wasn't in Breaking Bad! Now I'm wondering who kills him too! :shocker!:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 6:34 PM
You forgot the spinach in your smoothie!: pbbt:

I love Tarrentino, I will check that show out.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-06-23 1:47 PM
Unlike Runangoers in North Jersey and the Philly suburbs, we've only had a light drizzle early this morning & then just grey skies all day...with about 10000000% humidity!

I got a robo call earlier with no person or recording speaking on the other end :wtf:  But that's not so uncommon :roll:

We (me, DW, DD and her DH) are going out for dinner tonight to a local place to celebrate my BD.  DS & his GF aren't joining us since they went to the shore for a long weekend to celebrate her BD which falls on the same day as mine...altho we were born decades apart! :laugh:

Workout was doing core & shoulder PT exercises & then swimming 1500 meters.  My 2nd 1500 meter swim this week & the shoulder feels pretty good :happy:  still increasing the distance in baby steps!

Bonus:  I'd switch with the 22 year old me prior to Jan. 26, 1976 when I blew out my left ACL.  But couldn't the switch be permanent? :cry:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 2:10 PM
It's good news that the shoulder is letting you get in longer distances.  Baby steps (or strokes?) are good.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:39 PM
Happy birthday again! :hug:

Nice job on the longer swims, yay!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 6:35 PM
Happy birthday Ed!

We have the same humidity up here.:cry:
Parent - By PTRunner [us] Date 2017-06-23 7:14 PM
Happy birthday!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 1:55 PM
My sleep has been a little freaky lately.  Twice, maybe a week apart, I've dreamed that I was falling through ice and drowning :shocker!: Both times I had this dream, I cried out in in my sleep and woke up both myself and poor DH.  DD thinks it's because the room is too hot.  It's certainly possible. 

SDO today and LR with my RP tomorrow.  We haven't had a chance to run together for something like a month, so I'm really looking forward to it.  No other plans for the weekend. 

Bonus:  Nah, don't think so.  I'd rather just keep the trouble I know :grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-06-23 2:10 PM
Tell M not to be as cheap as blazerman and crank the AC up a bit.  I am always dying at night because it is too warm in our room.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:40 PM
That is a very specific dream to have multiple times! :shocker!:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 5:21 PM
Yeah.  In both dreams the bottom suddenly and completely fell out from under me, and I knew I was a goner.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the upcoming changes in healthcare legislation and being 61.  Nothing at all. :roll:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 6:41 PM Edited 2017-06-23 6:45 PM
From the Dream Dictionary: "Ice is frozen water and so dreaming of ice symbolizes frozen emotions, your emotions have not changed towards something or someone. Dreaming of walking on ice signifies you are in control of your emotions but you feel that any moment you are going to fall in. It could also mean that you are emotionally stable at the moment. You need to be cautious and not where your emotions on your sleeve. If ice is falling on you then you are having an emotional attack. If you fall on ice then you are experiencing a low confidence level."

and

"Drowning – In a dream it is the total opposite of drought, it means you are drowning with emotions and they have become too much to bare [sic]. If someone is trying to drown you then you need to examine your associations in life and see which one is causing you distress or a vast amount of emotions."

Between the election and a certain wedding coming up... or maybe the room is too hot.: pbbt:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-06-23 7:50 PM
I wish we lived closer :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 7:59 PM
:hug: Me too.

We should meet in CO next year. Or if you run Boston next year I will spectate!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-06-23 3:32 PM
I never see any other runners while I'm out running. Today I saw 3. And this was all before 6am. Freaky! :shocker!::laugh:

Workout: 4 easy miles, will do hip exercises later
Food: lunch at my client meeting today was chicken parm, and they were the largest pieces of chicken that I have ever seen. They almost broke the plastic tongs we used to pick them up. :laugh:
Weekend plans: hopefully start wedding planning :roll:
Blather: I got home from work super early and right now I kind of don't know what to do with myself :laugh:

Bonus: I would like to switch bodies with Trump for today so I could resign as president
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-06-23 6:44 PM
Hey, that was my first thought, that I'd switch bodies with Trump and undo everything he's reversed, and resign. But then I thought, what if I had to use the bathroom and see that body?:cry::cry: And the thoughts just got worse from there, so I decided to bag the whole thing!:laugh:

Wedding planning!:hug:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Freaky Friday DAILY